Nosing straight into the wall

I am new to this game and I was wondering if the physics are a little bit wonky when it comes to going off track? I noticed it right away that the car didn't seem to behave naturally and the car seems to be on rails once it's pointed at the wall. There doesn't seem to be angular momentum and I am unable to rotate the car using this momentum by spinning the rears and at least somewhat control the crash. It seems to nose 90 degrees into the wall and just stick there. Not sure if this is a game play penalty to make sure you lose time by going off track but the physics should be the holy grail of this game since that is where every other aspect of this game is perfect and makes a laughable comparison to GT and Forza.

Is this my imagination?

I noticed it right away that the car didn't seem to behave naturally [...] the physics should be the holy grail of this game
From what I know, Assetto Corsa is meant to be played on track, so I'm not sure about the physic engine working correctly in the grass/gravel.
Probably the lack of tyre deformation makes a big slide into the gravel a bit weird.
But.. ehy, just stay on track ;) have fun!

Yeah its way off once you go onto the grass, it is very odd but really on the whole not a big deal.
They will rip you apart on the official forum if you dare say it, but fact is on grass car acts really odd and when it 360's with slight wheel movement.
But yeah, i just ignore it now as the rest is so great on the actual tarmac..
But you aren't going mad, even if the grass were wet it would not be as bad. But its grass, keep to the track.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 7 5.5%