No impact on Image Quality... But increase in FPS...?!?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get as many FPS possible in ACC from my Ryzen 1600+GTX 1660ti+29" Ultrawide 2560x1080 75Hz combination.

I prefer a beautiful looking game. I'm running in default HIGH setting and get about steady 50-75 FPS with 15 cars depending upon progress of the race.

I'm looking for suggestions to reduce SETTINGS which have no impact on the beauty of the game but will result in additional gain in FPS.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Most folks will tell you to turn down shadows in ACC to gain fps.
I find it hard to look at...especially when looking at competitor cars or replays.
They will appear to float without shadows enabled or turned down.
I instead turn down things like track level of objects, foliage, post processing, etc...
What card are you running?

• Deleted member 197115

You can drop from Epic to High shadow quality without noticeable visual impact esp. with Contact Shadows enabled.

Hi all,

I'm looking to get as many FPS possible in ACC from my 1600+1660ti+29" Ultrawide combination.

I prefer a beautiful looking game. I'm running in default HIGH setting and get about steady 50-75 FPS with 15 cars depending upon progress of the race.

I'm looking for suggestions to reduce SETTINGS which have no impact on the beauty of the game but will result in additional gain in FPS.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Just as an FYI: it helps to list your monitor resolution (examples: 1080p, 1440p, 4K, etc) and not the size (29” like you said); the physical size means nothing for performance. Knowing the resolution plus which GPU and CPU being used helps us manage expectations. A 30” 4K monitor/TV is harder to push than a 50” 1080p monitor/TV.

Also the refresh rate of your monitor is good to know as well; no need for 100FPS if your monitor is 60Hz (meaning it can’t physically show more than 60 FPS).

Not sure if you know all of this already based on the information given; just a heads up.

Last edited:
I'm running in default HIGH setting

You can drop from Epic to High shadow quality
:rolleyes::p

My first suggestion is try post processing, the difference between high and medium is not so big visually but the difference in fps is noticable (but going to low is huge). The mirror distance and quality settings make a huge impact on fps also, I prefer to lower it a bit because of that.

But it doesnt hurt to try each setting on your own and to see what the effect is for you personally. That's the best way to find out what you can lower and what not.

• Deleted member 197115

I was responding to Terry Rock's comment on shadows, not OP.
Epic shadows quality is ridiculously expensive while IQ difference from High is negligible, and floating cars is a non problem since introduction of Contact shadows.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.4%