F1 22 No grip after 2 laps

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
Hey guys
I'm playing a online season with an old friend i'm racing with for nearly 20 years on eye level. Me with the mercedes, he with the ferrari on real car performance. The first few races all was normal, i was behind within 1 second. But the last 2 races in barcelona and monaco were horrible. Starting on medium and gaining some places in the first 2 laps, my grip is completely gone. It feels like i have no frontwing. Its no longer possible to go on full throttle on fast corneser like t3 in barcelona or the swimmingpool chicane at monaco. Wtf? I'm 5seconds slower after Lap 2!!! The highlight was the last 2 laps in monaco. I lost my entire front wing and it droves exactly like the complete race after lap 2. And the hard tire is much better tbh. We already tried everything, making the cars same car performance, changing cars, or testing it offline. Its always the same now, after 2 laps the car drives like without front wing. Can anybody help me out? I cant find anything on the internet :/

If you haven't yet, check the tire temperature. If it goes above 100C when you feel the grip loss, that's causing it. If that's the case, lower your tire temp in your setup.

Thx for your response but the tire temp is ok. Also my spotter said that after 10 laps, and we drive the basic setups. Its just immense...First 2 laps are great and after lap 3 i loose about 5seconds per lap, its like i have no front wing!

we continued our championship and its quite interesting. Had another horrible experience in aserbaidschan, i was 5sec slower after 2 laps. Thats just not normal, sorry. There is no problem with overheating tires. Next race was montreal and i was 1sec faster then my buddy and the ki. I had superb grip the whole race and it felt fantastic. Next silverstone i have so less grip that i touch the gravel in t1 when i try to drive it with full throttle. Sorry but there is something fundamentaly wrong. I really need help to fix this bug, its just nonsense. I loose about 7 seconds per lap in silverstone after lap2.

edit: i've tested silverstone hotlap mode offline, and i'm ~ 5 seconds faster with massive more grip. How is this possible!?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back