Nextion Display to Arduino Micro

Dear,

I'm soon buying parts to practice tinkering with buttons and displays to make a steering wheel in the near future.

Parts I want to use:
https://www.dx.com/p/open-smart-atmega32u4-development-board-pro-micro-for-arduino-452853
https://www.itead.cc/nextion-nx3224t028-1933.html

Can I connect the display to the arduino board using this soldering method:
GND => GND
VCC => 5V
RX1 => TX
TX0 => RX

Will I be able to assign some buttons to the arduino aswell and just use a single USB-connector or would it be better to connect the display directly into a USB-port and then the arduino aswell (I want a single USB coming out my future wheel if possible)

These are the buttons I'm planning to use:
6 Knitter Push buttons
2 Toggle On/Off/on switches
4 Rotary encoders (with push function aswell)
2 Shifters
That will make a total of 16 push buttons (4x4 matrix) assigned to Rows A3 A2 A1 A0 and columns 15 14 16 10. The rotaries to 2/3 4/5 6/7 8/9 and center pins to GND.

Will this work and can I just upload dash displays aswell as joystick sketch with the single usb?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I was also trying to make a wheel with a single USB connector and a Nextion display + LEDs + using the arduino as a joystick for buttons/encoders.

In the newest version of SimHub it is now possible to to just that!
You must indeed wire the Nextion Tx/Rx to the arduino uart.

You can find SimHub on RD and they also have a discord where you can ask all your questions.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Hi...I plan to develop a touch screen display for an existing home automation system which is RS485 based.
So basically I need to program a series of soft push button on the display whose description as well as status (on/off) will come from the Arduino.Pushing the button should send Arduino a unique code which will then execute the associated home automation command.
If it was possible to create buttons with serial commands, then the actual screen layout could be controlled by the arduino.

pcb manufacturing

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 146 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.2%
Back