Next Level V3 thoughts

Guys, I have just (hopefully temporarily) downgraded my rig so that I could send back the V3 unit that started screeching terribly after only a few week's use. After the guys at Next Level Racing tried unsuccessfully to fix it in-situ using settings changes, they have asked me to send it away to Poland for repair. Hopefully that won't take long.

The thing is, it's great. I really love it, and considered (briefly) putting up with the shrieking and continuing with it, as it really is that good. I, as others did, dialed the settings right down to give a more subtle experience.

Now, I'm sitting here in my rig, having just driven a few laps of Spa reflecting on the fact that the motion had become so intrinsic a part of the racing that when it didn't happen I was sort of twitching in the seat in compensation. Bizarre. And the laps I did felt flat, like I was sitting in a seat in front of a screen... oh, wait, that's what I was doing. But when you consider that with the V3 it was essentially what I was doing but only with some very small movements added, I have to say that the difference is way, way, way out of proportion to the amount of movement. I posted in another thread about the experimentation with multiple screen setups v single wide screen etc - the difference the V3 makes totally eclipses any difference screens make. No, not cheap, and if you haven't got a rig that is able to take it you will struggle make it work for you. But it would not be an underestimation to say that for me this was the single most effective improvement to my sim racing; period.

The only positive from downgrading is that I am sure that the height of the V3 means that how I have rig set up will result in me getting out the angle grinder and TiG welder out and modify the frame to drop the V3 down by 40mm or so. While I'm at it I'll beef up the frame with some 25mm square tube and cross bracing so it doesn't bend when I brake.

But basically I want my V3 back as soon as possible. Hurry up and repair it boys!

Les

You need hardly any actual distance of movement to trick your brain into thinking you're actually moving. Just driving over the undulations in the tarmac with the platform making you think you're actually rolling over them, at speed, is enough to add another dimension to the experience.

Upvote 0
You need hardly any actual distance of movement to trick your brain into thinking you're actually moving. Just driving over the undulations in the tarmac with the platform making you think you're actually rolling over them, at speed, is enough to add another dimension to the experience.
Agree ive turned a lot of stuff down on my motion, cept for dirt rally ofcourse

Upvote 0
A few Buttkickers also add to the immersion.
I would love a motion rig, but finances and space are the issue (and passing it by the wife of course).
Using VR (Rift) and a Buttkicker (Pearl Throne Thimper) is the poor mans version.
Might look at a Yaw when they are released though.

Upvote 0
@Lesthegringo ~ Ha ! I totally agree with you mate, it feels so weird to turn off the motion and just race in a static rig as the lack of motion totally takes you out of the brain trick that you are really immersed in the vehicle, especially with VR. Hope you get it sorted real soon ...

Also I guess you guys have all seen the vids of the Traction Plus module by now. It looks totally insane fun and I cannot say I have ever seen anything that adds both front + rear traction loss in a seat mover motion sim before.:geek:

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies