Resource icon

Misc New Traffic for Shutoko Revival Project 2021-08-28

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

New Traffic for Shutoko Revival Project - Longer line to include Rainbow bribge and Yoyogi, possible start from each PA

View attachment 499216
View attachment 499217
Traffic works in "Track day" mode and for such huge distance you really need AI flood to be enabled and with good settings. These days the Patreon CSP 0.1.75 pr1 has most of the options hidden in CM so editing of the file "C:\Users\*****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini" is needed. Here's what I'm using

Code:
[AI_FLOOD]
PUSH_FORCE=150000
MIN_TRACK_LENGTH=2000
Y_OFFSET=-0.35
PUSH_SPEED=90...

Read more about this resource...

I would like to see some of the "ai_hints.ini" code posted in the "Ask a question" tab in order to improve the experience for myself and anybody else who drives in SRP.
Hey mate wasn't sure if that question was for me or just the modding community in general with regards to ai_hints.ini. I've just been using the files you've created in the _ai_hints_option folder(RAPID_ai_hints and RESTRICTED_ai_hints), I haven't actually edited any of the files myself(coding is my Achilles heel:roflmao:) and just mix-matching them with the files from the fast_lane_options folder so just thought I'd clarify on my end.
I'm long way away from Tokyo and need help with establishing what the traffic flow is really like on those routes. In return I can help with the general use of the hints for managing the flow.
Same here mate I'm all the way in New Zealand, all I know is they drive on the left hand side of the road lol.

wasn't sure if that question was for me or just the modding community in general
I was vague deliberately and I must clarify on another thing too. The "ai_hints.ini" is not what affects the flow the most but the settings for the AI flood. And with the new CSP versions they are hidden in CM so editing of "C:\Users\********\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\new_behaviour.ini" must be done. For the moment I'm with
Code:
[AI_FLOOD]
PUSH_FORCE=150000
SHUFFLE_BEHAVIOUR=ALWAYS
MIN_TRACK_LENGTH=2000
Y_OFFSET=-0.35
PUSH_SPEED=150
SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=240, 120
SPAWN_DISTANCE=260, 180
SPAWN_RANGE=220, 160
SPAWN_DESPAWN=600, 140

[AI_RACE_RETIREMENT]
REJOIN=1

[AI_SPLINES]
CACHE_GRID=0

And it can be adjusted mostly by changing "SPAWN_DESPAWN=" and "PUSH_SPEED=". Too bad that code it is not available as custom setting for each track layout but is "one-size-fits-all". So my dear friends, you have to get used to editing the code :)

Is there something special to do to get this to work?
I got it to work the the first day for about 3 different sessions but ever since then I can't get it to load at all?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times already and cant seem to get it to work. It keeps getting stuck at "Initializing AI Spline..."

Is there something special to do to get this to work?
I got it to work the the first day for about 3 different sessions but ever since then I can't get it to load at all?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times already and cant seem to get it to work. It keeps getting stuck at "Initializing AI Spline..."
In the "Overview" tab I wrote all that's needed. Nothing special, just the track in working condition and adding my files to any one of the layouts.
Check in the "data" subfolders of SRP if there are some "side_*.csv" files and remove them. Try some other of the 3 variants of fast_lane and replace " *_lane_payloads.bin" with the corresponding each time you change the fast_lane. If loading is not done in 20 minutes delete "fast_lane_payloads.bin" and let CSP create new one when loading new session.
Disable "Cache generated grids" in CSP settings > New AI behavior.

Last edited:
Works great in general for me but after some time, it just crashes and CM tells me "AI Spline might be broken" although I did everything as it is written in the Info file. Any clues what the cause might be?

Works great in general for me but after some time, it just crashes and CM tells me "AI Spline might be broken" although I did everything as it is written in the Info file. Any clues what the cause might be?
Can't remember ever seeing such message. Does it pop-up during session or when you try loading the game? Try taking a shot of the message with "Alt+Print" and attach it to your post. Also check if CM can be updated. New CSP needs latest CM.

For a solution try what I described in my previous post.

I got the message two times out of three attempts but it didn't happen at the beginning, it just happened mid session. I have latest CM from like 10 or 11 days ago and CSP 1.76 preview 92. I checked the error log and it seems to have to do something with the cars I had as opponents although I don't understand why because they are high quality mods (e.g. Kai Banks' R34 Z-Tune). I'll see if it's gonna happen again or not, for now I don't have the time to keep playing :coffee:

In the "Overview" tab I wrote all that's needed. Nothing special, just the track in working condition and adding my files to any one of the layouts.
Check in the "data" subfolders of SRP if there are some "side_*.csv" files and remove them. Try some other of the 3 variants of fast_lane and replace " *_lane_payloads.bin" with the corresponding each time you change the fast_lane. If loading is not done in 20 minutes delete "fast_lane_payloads.bin" and let CSP create new one when loading new session.
Disable "Cache generated grids" in CSP settings > New AI behavior.
Yeah I just found out its my PC it literally takes 17ish minutes to load with your traffic ai spline, but its worth it lol

I tried this today and it works great until all the cars stop dead including mine but smoke is pouring off the tyres.
Anyone any ideas?
Using CSP 0.1.76-preview92

I tried this today and it works great until all the cars stop dead including mine but smoke is pouring off the tyres.
Anyone any ideas?
Using CSP 0.1.76-preview92
Not depending on CSP version that happens when the CPU is overloaded with physics calculations. Those are running in a single thread so if you look at Task Manager you will see CPU load less than maximum but the game is lagging severely. To solve this if waiting for the AI to calm down is not an option you need either to press "Esc" - wait for the menu and restart the session or use "Alt+F4" to end the session and load again. The glitch happens when AI tries to use a car that is less prepared - problems with physics and/or the ai.ini script in particular. Such cars tend to cause collisions and when that happens even without pile-up it affects all cars and the smoking tires with CSP are early sign of such problem. If you are comfortable with editing the cars physics you can solve the problem after pinpointing the culprit and correcting the errors in the scripts.

Last edited:
Not depending on CSP version that happens when the CPU is overloaded with physics calculations. Those are running in a single thread so if you look at Task Manager you will see CPU load less than maximum but the game is lagging severely. To solve this if waiting for the AI to calm down is not an option you need either to press "Esc" - wait for the menu and restart the session or use "Alt+F4" to end the session and load again. The glitch happens when AI tries to use a car that is less prepared - problems with physics and/or the ai.ini script in particular. Such cars tend to cause collisions and when that happens even without pile-up it affects all cars and the smoking tires with CSP are early sign of such problem. If you are comfortable with editing the cars physics you can solve the problem after pinpointing the culprit and correcting the errors in the scripts
Thanks for the quick reply, I thought it might be a mod car problem but originally I was running 9 different kunos cars and then just to make sure I tested with 9 copies of the same kunos car and it still does it. It will happen randomly, sometimes after a few seconds and the longest I ran before it happened was up to 10 mins.
It happens both in VR and in Single screen mode too.
I have a 5600x CPU / 6800xt GPU so it is not an underpowered system.

Not depending on CSP version that happens when the CPU is overloaded with physics calculations. Those are running in a single thread so if you look at Task Manager you will see CPU load less than maximum but the game is lagging severely. To solve this if waiting for the AI to calm down is not an option you need either to press "Esc" - wait for the menu and restart the session or use "Alt+F4" to end the session and load again. The glitch happens when AI tries to use a car that is less prepared - problems with physics and/or the ai.ini script in particular. Such cars tend to cause collisions and when that happens even without pile-up it affects all cars and the smoking tires with CSP are early sign of such problem. If you are comfortable with editing the cars physics you can solve the problem after pinpointing the culprit and correcting the errors in the scripts.
I've solved my issues by deleting all SRP and doing a fresh install and it works great now. So much better than the standard.
I'm on Less_Restricted at the moment but will try the others soon.

Also I would like to mess around with the spawn / despawn distances as I feel cars are popping into view a little too close.
Is it possible you could explain what each of these settings do?

SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=a, b
SPAWN_DISTANCE=c, d
SPAWN_RANGE=e, f
SPAWN_DESPAWN=g, h

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering