New to automobilista 2

Hi everyone.

I just discovered AMS 2 few days ago and I'm really enjoying this game. WOW, so nice on every aspect. Congratulation to Reiza.
Now I'm a bit frustrated and I'm trying to install skins and tracks but it seems a very complexe process. I'm watching youtube tutorials but they are now very helpful. Is there a fill explaining how to do that ? I have no problem installing cars.

Thanks.

André

According to this tutorial, I don't have gamedata folder nor locations, so where to put the track ?
I have only ever tried installing skins, so I cannot offer advice on tracks unfortunately, however I did just want to point out that the tutorial you referenced is for Automobilista and not Automobilista 2, which is probably why you cannot find the directories as they use a completely different file structure and format. I did see something about modding tracks in AMS2 a few weeks ago, so after work I'll take another look to see if I can find it.

I have only ever tried installing skins, so I cannot offer advice on tracks unfortunately, however I did just want to point out that the tutorial you referenced is for Automobilista and not Automobilista 2, which is probably why you cannot find the directories as they use a completely different file structure and format. I did see something about modding tracks in AMS2 a few weeks ago, so after work I'll take another look to see if I can find it.

Oh, that explain the confusion. Any help would be very appreciated. I'm so eager to try two new tracks and new skins.

André

It's really very simple.

Using this f1 2022 skin pack as an example: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2022-skinpack-for-the-f-ultimate-gen-2.50129/

Download and extract the contents to your desktop or downloads folder. Inside the folder named AMS2-2022 you will find two folders: Vehicles and User Data. Copy these two folders into your AMS2 install and overwrite the two folders with the same name.
Your AMS2 install is in your Steam directory - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2.

Sometimes, the download folder will start with a folder named Automobilista 2. Then you only need to copy that to the directory above and drop it in the common folder of Steam and overwrite the Automobilista 2 folder.

Once you are comfortable with that procedure, you can investigate the full skins directory for further messing about with the folders and files.
Using that f12022 skin package again, here is the full overwrite path: \Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\Custom Liveries\Overrides\Formula Ultimate 2022\...... that's where the actual skin folders and the XML file that controls them are located. But that's another story.

It's really very simple.

Using this f1 2022 skin pack as an example: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2022-skinpack-for-the-f-ultimate-gen-2.50129/

Download and extract the contents to your desktop or downloads folder. Inside the folder named AMS2-2022 you will find two folders: Vehicles and User Data. Copy these two folders into your AMS2 install and overwrite the two folders with the same name.
Your AMS2 install is in your Steam directory - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2.

Sometimes, the download folder will start with a folder named Automobilista 2. Then you only need to copy that to the directory above and drop it in the common folder of Steam and overwrite the Automobilista 2 folder.

Once you are comfortable with that procedure, you can investigate the full skins directory for further messing about with the folders and files.
Using that f12022 skin package again, here is the full overwrite path: \Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\Custom Liveries\Overrides\Formula Ultimate 2022\...... that's where the actual skin folders and the XML file that controls them are located. But that's another story.
Thanks to you. I'm already confortable with steam folder structure. Reading your text is as easy than any other software to extract. I'll try this. Therefore, I want to know where to put the tracks Mont Tremblant and Le Mans 1982.

Thanks.

André

It's really very simple.

I juste did it, it can't be easier. The problem with the previous zip file, it was for AMS 1, it's why I was confused.

Thanks again for taking time to explain that. Now I'll look how to install the tracks.

André

Well, I found the track modding stuff again on the Project Cars Modding Team site, but as @Redvaliant says, it looks pretty fraught and the notes mention updates breaking patches etc... not only that, but I can only find two tracks, both of which are conversions from PC2.

All respect to the modders though, from what I can tell Reiza have had a good stab at obfuscating the data files, so they must have put some effort into figuring it out.

I don't think tracks are moddable in AMS2. Cars are, but it's a major effort to put them in game.

I just remarked that both tracks are for Assetto Corsa. Geez. Ok then. So Le Mans is still not available for AMS 2, do you think it will become alive in a near future ? I really love this one.

André

the devs have rumoured of a possible lemans in the works, hopefully it will happen
Oh well, I just hope it will appear in the game. I just can't understand why a so important track isn't modeled.

What I really like about all historic tracks is the real sponsors along the track. It's much much better than Pcars 2 for this point. The feel of historic era is really there.

I just can't understand why a so important track isn't modeled.
money-gif-4.gif

Having a content in game is a thing, have the licence is something else and a lot of money is asked for this particular track.

I know I will get booed to the moon but..La Mans does not get used much in games like AMS2..And honestly, the only thing worse than a 12 lap race at La Mans would be a 12 hour race there. I get some drivers want to have actual 12 and 24 hour races, but I play VR and it would be easier to race in a real car than to stay in VR for 4 or 5 hours straight. Point is I want Mugello.

I know I will get booed to the moon but..La Mans does not get used much in games like AMS2..And honestly, the only thing worse than a 12 lap race at La Mans would be a 12 hour race there. I get some drivers want to have actual 12 and 24 hour races, but I play VR and it would be easier to race in a real car than to stay in VR for 4 or 5 hours straight. Point is I want Mugello.
Le Mans is a very fun and exceptionnal track. As important as SPA historic and we are not forced to do a full representation of the real 24h race. A 10 laps race is very fun and I really hope Reiza will consider this one.

André

Well, I found the track modding stuff again on the Project Cars Modding Team site, but as @Redvaliant says, it looks pretty fraught and the notes mention updates breaking patches etc... not only that, but I can only find two tracks, both of which are conversions from PC2.

All respect to the modders though, from what I can tell Reiza have had a good stab at obfuscating the data files, so they must have put some effort into figuring it out.
The 3 courses are great.
Installation is easy.
Good work from the modders.

I really hope to see Le Mans historic track in a near future. Roues les Essarts is so nice too in Pcars 2 and I would be pleased to see it into AMS 2.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 467 70.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 306 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 180 27.1%
Back