New Threads Need Approval?

Just wondering if there's an issue with the site or if something has recently changed or what. I created a thread trying to figure out which racing games have VR support (either official or unofficial), specifically for Pimax headsets. It was a few hours ago and still not posted. I received a message saying the thread needs to be approved. Since when do new threads need approval?

The first thing that came to mind was that maybe I've been placed on some sort of RD warning list where my threads need approval. I don't see why though. I haven't been banned or even warned of a ban for anything. I've been on this site for almost 9 years and don't remember ever experiencing this or hearing about it...

EDIT: I never received the approval message for this thread. So is it a website glitch / bug affecting my other thread?

Last edited:
That's what I'm not understanding. Since when have new threads for RD needed approval? This thread never needed any approval but the other one does. Why?
For years, it's an algorithm thing, this just must be the first time you've encountered it.
Anyway you should be live now.

No, unless something trips the the algorithm, (don't ask me how it works) then it's going to be checked.
Most members probably are never effected, it's no biggy.
Or maybe it's because I posted in the hardware section and therefore RD thought it was a buy / sell thread? If I'm not mistaken, the buy / sell threads need approval, no?

Or maybe it's because I posted in the hardware section and therefore RD thought it was a buy / sell thread? If I'm not mistaken, the buy / sell threads need approval, no?
Ah, yeah the hardware subforum always needs approval. Most subforums don't. Kenny was referring to the automagic thing which is sometimes tripped by long-time users, and frequently tripped by new users.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea