new build deployed

from the iRacing homepage:
The Porsche 911 RSR, Subaru WRX STI and Belle Isle headline this build. The RSR will join several official series including the IMSA Sportscar Championship and both the iRacing Le Mans Series and iRacing Endurance Le Mans series. The WRX will join the newly named iRacing Rallycross Series (iRX) and compete against the VW Beetle and Ford Fiesta. Members will see Belle Isle incorporated into many road racing series as well.

The Radical SR8 is now a FREE car for all members!

In addition to the new content, the Season 3 build includes many new features and enhancements including:
· Custom Heat Racing on the Beta UI
· Self Shadowing - Track walls and track-side objects (TSOs) can now self-shadow, and cast shadows on other walls and TSOs.
· Dynamic Track Updates - The reported track temperature will now be dynamically updated throughout a session.
· Bloom Lighting Effects - Bloom is a feathered lighting effect that can be seen around the edges of bright lights to make them appear more realistic in the simulation.
· Pit Exit Lines - The aid will show the line to drive to exit a pit lane if that pit lane has a specific exit that must be followed in order to avoid an unsafe merge black flag. (only for ovals, will be implemented for road next season)

There are many updates and improvements to existing cars as well.

Last edited:
So i have tested the Porsche 911 RSR , it's a very tame car vs that gt3 cup car(i can't drive that cup car for more than 1 lap at any track), i have not much IRL information about RSR to know it it's normal or not , am i doing something wrong or it's the way that car is?

So i have tested the Porsche 911 RSR , it's a very tame car vs that gt3 cup car(i can't drive that cup car for more than 1 lap at any track), i have not much IRL information about RSR to know it it's normal or not , am i doing something wrong or it's the way that car is?

Nah, the GTE/GT3 cars are way more easy to drive than the Porsche Cup car imo.

Engineered in real life for gentleman racers to get in and race so very very usable bits of kit.
The more usable the more they will sell to teams etc...
No one is deliberately making racing cars impossible to drive..despite what some in the sim community will tell you...

suppose so, too, these are meant to be "endured" 24h, so good idea to make them a little less twitchy than your 30 min. sprintrace contender. didnt buy it, but it sounds great when you follow it or get passed.
the new track, detroit belle isle", is great, like montreal in a kind of roughened up version, i also like the new graphic effects (shadows, moving trees) rounding off the slightly sterile iRacing world a little but not enough to distract. all in all: very enjoyable stuff, didn't pay a wink because i used leftovers from participation credits etc. so that's nice, too.

BUT: we will see another real life LeMans happening without day/night transition in iRacing to fairly re-live it, pity!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.