Need help with launching the game :)

Hey guys,

Im trying to launch AMS but I cant get past the video setup. The setup will tell me i dont meet the requirements. I think it has to do with my clocking speed.

Most of the games i play ill play with ease and my integrated card will automattically up the clockspeed (to around 3.6 GHz) . Only, AMS will only read the base clock speed (1.2 GHz). Is there a way around the videosetup or does someone have another solution?

Its only the clockingspeed which is causing the issue. I know for sure because i can run AMS2 no problem.

Hope someone can help! :)

Attachments

• Afbeelding1.png
    Afbeelding1.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 60
Hello.
It seems that it would most likely be your CPU reporting as 1.2GHz.
I don't have this problem, so I am unsure if my suggestions will work. But I will try to help you, and hopefully, someone who knows the solution will join in and tell us how.

Firstly I would go to the game's root directory, right-click on the AMS application and select Run As Administrator. This will mean the game goes to a different location to find the Config file instead of in My Documents.

Now open the folder named UserData. Hopefully, the config file is there :D
Open the config file with notepad and look down the list for CPURating=
This is just a guess, but change it to a 5.

Other things I would try.

Change runbenchmarks to a =0
change video driver to a =0
change videoRAM to =4080

Hello.
It seems that it would most likely be your CPU reporting as 1.2GHz.
I don't have this problem, so I am unsure if my suggestions will work. But I will try to help you, and hopefully, someone who knows the solution will join in and tell us how.

Firstly I would go to the game's root directory, right-click on the AMS application and select Run As Administrator. This will mean the game goes to a different location to find the Config file instead of in My Documents.

Now open the folder named UserData. Hopefully, the config file is there :D
Open the config file with notepad and look down the list for CPURating=
This is just a guess, but change it to a 5.

Other things I would try.

Change runbenchmarks to a =0
change video driver to a =0
change videoRAM to =4080
Thank you!!! This worked. I now only have the issue where the game isnt full screen. Know something for this to? :)

That's great news. Now in the game's root folder, try running AMS Config. This is the video setup. If it runs, turn the windowed mode off and select a resolution.
If it won't run, go back to the User Data folder and open the config file in Notepad. Find the windowed mode option and make it =0

Just remembered a past thread about issues getting AMS to launch:

@umrrr did you ever get your issues resolved? If not, the suggestions from @Speednut357 and others above may be able to help you :)
Good point, MJQT. Thinking about this problem, it occurred to me that running the game in administrator mode and having it go to an alternative PLR file may also solve the other issue of trying to run multiple installs of the game, which was another problem asked about recently. When I have time, I will try it out and see if it is possible.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.