Need help getting it working

Hi!

I just started to drive a bit. Been away from it someone years.

I played RFactor 2 before and reinstalled it now.

Ive tried setting up the same G27 and club sport pedals as I used before in same sim.

In calibration settings the wheel and pedals work.
On track the pedals dont work and the wheel acts like a button, just snapping left and right.

Controller is set to wheel in settings.

Tried the auto setup from settings. No luck.

Anyone have any idea?

You guys who claim this car has oversteer and even spinning. Either you are trying sim racing for the first time or something is very wrong with your setup (physical or settings). I'm guessing the latter considering the clientel of this site.

Considering that statement I can't think of any reason you would have issue setting up another gmotor.
rF2 is absolutely no different from any other sim in regards to calibration and assignments.

Last edited:
Considering that statement I can't think of any reason you would have issue setting up another gmotor.
rF2 is absolutely no different from any other sim in regards to cal

rF2 is absolutely no different from any other sim in regards to calibration and assignments.
Thanks that was very helpful.

Well sorry but I think your comment from another post
telling people they don't know how to set something up
is pretty ironic. Yes that quote is from you.

If I could help you I would have, I have never owned a G25/27/9xx

Last edited:
Hi!

I just started to drive a bit. Been away from it someone years.

I played RFactor 2 before and reinstalled it now.

Ive tried setting up the same G27 and club sport pedals as I used before in same sim.

In calibration settings the wheel and pedals work.
On track the pedals dont work and the wheel acts like a button, just snapping left and right.

Controller is set to wheel in settings.

Tried the auto setup from settings. No luck.

Anyone have any idea?

Oh just dawned on me.

Logitech ( at least G25/27 I know of ) need reverse force set in gmotor.
So move the slider for force to the far left.
Try that.

I use a G29 and have created my own config file - that's because I have other devices.
So used a default config that works and setup the controls and buttons.
Saved that with a new name and make sure that's the one that loads.
(NOTE: TBH I deleted ALL the other controller config files... and delete them when they are recopied during an update).
I've had no problems with doing that.
It does sound like rF2 is for some reason using the wrong controller file.

Last edited:
Personally I would advise you use Beyond compare or similar tool to compare controller files.

You will find many differences. ie 0.5 / 1.0 etc

If you let rF2 download entire new controller folder and use BC you will find
files closer to Logitech to use.

Free trial works 100%

Like here is Fanatec DD1 and DD2
One line down bottom is true and false, which is correct ? ;)

Annotation-2023-12-23-055808.jpg

Last edited:
Turned out my wheel was broken. Bought a moza r5. Never drove a direct drive before. Jesus what a difference! For anyone thinking of making the jump I cant recommend it enough!

If you not well versed in rF2 adjust the " car specific multiplier" down from 100% in controller menu ( calibrate controls) for each vehicle or you may do yourself damage :coffee:

Just sayin' coming from G27 like.

Last edited:
Now that everything feels amazing.

Can I get some tips of cars to download? And where?

I typically appreciate the trickier cars, like a formula ford that still is possible to control with skill. Dont like GT3 cars or modern F1/F2 etc.

Any tips is appreciated. Not many cars at all in the game now.

Also tried assetto corsa which for me dont feel as good ffb/physics wise to me. Not realism, what is to my taste rather.
Even that sim feels amazing now with this wheel. Im blown away!

Well imho the jewel in the crown of rF2 is how it handles historics.

If you want a full on hardcore combo to test you can't go past this.
Treat these cars with more respect you have ever given in any other sim.
Turn multi FFB down or you going to sprain a finger at least. :coffee:

Woochoo's Endurance Mod

Italy 1,000km ....make sure to pick the layout with the chicanes.

Good luck you going to need to but when you get into sync with these there is not much out there offers better immersion.

Also Woo's 1954 Endurance mod.

If this combo doesn't make the hair on your neck stand up you not breathing.

My advice use extra braking distance to start. lol

Good historics in workshop there are heaps.

Set these up right you can have awesome 2 hour + races
Beauty of rF2 is you can save replays and rejoin race at any point.

Last edited:
My plug :p

imho this is the best car in rF2 and holds up the best features of the sim since the physics and tyres have changed. You never believe 100hp can be so demanding to push to the limit lap after lap.

AI are so dynamic they make other sims to me appear robotic.

Next up in rF2 workshop search bar: LOLA :coffee:

Last edited:
Hi again. Reinstalled everything and now I cant get the moza wheel working in rfactor 2. Seems like it has something to do with the profiles.
If I run setup wizard it wont work.
Switching between different presets for other wheels I can get the wheel working but without FFB.

Anyone that has a moza R5 that could share files perhaps? Theres presets for the higher levels of moza wheels but not for R5.
Im guessing using fanatec pedals confuses rfactor even more.

It does recognize both wheel and pedals correctly though. Says moza r5 and club sport pedals connected.

This seems pretty bad that rfactor cant handle this better honestly.

The wheel is still working in other sims?
When you say it doesn't work, you mean you're not able to get it show input in the calibration tool? Could you tell us more and maybe post a few pics?

BTW I agree with all of Durge's car suggestions, especially the Spark and Eve F3s. I would also say that the Lola T70 is a bit special if you like tricky cars that feel convincing to drive.... IMHO OC. :)

And if it doesn't need to be fast, I would also recommend the Toyota AE86.

The wheel is still working in other sims?
When you say it doesn't work, you mean you're not able to get it show input in the calibration tool? Could you tell us more and maybe post a few pics?

BTW I agree with all of Durge's car suggestions, especially the Spark and Eve F3s. I would also say that the Lola T70 is a bit special if you like tricky cars that feel convincing to drive.... IMHO OC. :)

And if it doesn't need to be fast, I would also recommend the Toyota AE86.
It works perfectly everywhere else.
In Rfactor 2 settings, it shows the correct turning when I turn the wheel. It shows the right input for steering, throttle, brake and clutch.
When I go on track, the wheel doesnt turn or respond in the car. If I use the preset for Moza R9, the wheel turns and I can drive but I have no FFB.

First thing I would try is to rename or move your Player folder. A new one should be generated next time you start the game. If it's no better you can bin the new folder and replace/restore the one you currently use. Worth a try IMO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back