NASCARE takes to the streets

I sincerely doubt NASCARE is capable of a "great race" today. What with an imbecilic points system, idiotic stage racing, moronic nanny rules, and cars only a step away from spec racers, they have truly become "the WWF of auto racing".

I sincerely doubt NASCARE is capable of a "great race" today. What with an imbecilic points system, idiotic stage racing, moronic nanny rules, and cars only a step away from spec racers, they have truly become "the WWF of auto racing".

Well I always look for the good not the bad ( like my rFactor 2 :x3: )
Sorry but it was a great race with fighting down to the wire.
Something no one maybe thought about but nascar handled the streets better then anything, sometimes bouncing off tyre barriers and powering on.
For next street race they have learned they need a better way to tie the tyre barriers down so cars don't scoop them up, there were a couple incidents were a car got stuck under them. In wet conditions they were awesome, well the drivers that could tame them were. Lot of passes. I would be very very surprised if we don't see more streets coming.

I saw Fireball 500 when I was 7 with my sister, never forgot it and one of my strong early influences gravitating to motorsports.

P.S. Oh darn, race removed. Well watch highlights tell me that is not good racing. ;)

Last edited:
NASCAR on street circuits. Everyone in favor.

F1 on ovals. Everyone against.

But I've never cared for street circuits, any series, any track. Racing between two concrete walls, invariably someone makes a mistake or there's a mechanical failure and BAM! a fourth of the field is taken out; an "incident" in front of you gives three options - hit the wall on the left, hit the wall on the right, or plow into the car in front of you.

Attending in person is a horrid experience. A half million people sweltering in the concrete canyons hoping for a glimpse of maybe 100 yards of the circuit, then missing a fourth of the race to shoulder your way though those people for a half mile to a "Port-A-Potty" (and all the buildings are off limits to anyone not working there ...mainly to keep out all the fans who want a better view from an upper floor). Preferable to stay home and watch, you'll see more of the race and be in air-conditioned comfort; though, to me, it's still not an enjoyable event.

It is interesting that NASCARE continued on a wet track; normally a drop of bird piddle is cause for a red flag.

It is interesting that NASCARE continued on a wet track; normally a drop of bird piddle is cause for a red flag.
Nascar have wets now., did you even watch the highlights ? :)
What did surprise me is how willing they were to go to slicks to throw the cars in and get them pointing the right way, brave stuff.

I think a certain motorsports fan loves street races, you are close to the action and it's loud between the canyons.

I like every Supercar street course and Longbeach are among my all time favourite tracks.
Formula 1 street courses not so much including Monaco.

Anyways I applaud Nascar for having the balls to try it, from everything I see and read it has been greeted as a overwhelming success which is great for the series so I glad for them.

I am a NASCAR fan and i think the Chicago race was good. The Problem is NASCAR drivers have the discipline of driving on OVALS and the cars are built for that. In the old days drivers would chicken out and have a Road Racer take over. But some of the regulars are lifting their game as we have more road courses. And Talented road racers who want to join in. Personally i watch the "PINTYS" series where the cars are lower tech and less powerful. They run on short track's (1 Mile or less) and Roads and even street circuits. Best of all worlds. And the different disciplines are more familiar to drivers and cars work better.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea