rF2 NASCAR @ Knockhill - Monday 4th September 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
1693254802953.jpeg

Stockcars are absolute beasts. Metal bricks that flop around on road courses and look massively out of place - making them excellent to watch or drive when these Oval monsters are forced to navigate tight chicanes, hills and proper kerbs. As such, is there a better place to test them to the limit than the Touring Car destroyer that is Knockhill? Probably not, so get ready to take off over that chicane and enjoy the ride!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM NASCAR

Car(s):
  • STOCKCAR 2018 - [STEAM]
    • Centennial
    • Edgar
    • Titan
Track: Knockhill [STEAM]
Layout: Knockhill
Track Temperature: 21°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Formation/Rolling
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Factory
Gimmicks: Err, NASCAR on the tightest, most chaotic BTCC circuit???
1693254928039.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 4th September 2022
Practice: 19:00 BST (75 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 BST (10 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:25 BST (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:30 BST (20 Laps)
Warmup: 20:50 BST (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:55 BST (20 Laps)
Warmup: 21:15 BST (5 minutes)*
Race 3: 21:20 BST (20 Laps)*

*Race 3 decision to be made after race 2

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged!
  • Please consider using Discord to talk to us. If you join up, please use Push-to-Talk.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. eN1Xes
  3. Lesley Buurlage
  4. Jan Larsen
  5. H_Belane
  6. joecronk
  7. The Almighty Snark
  8. max_1966i
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
Here's an initial setup. It's a bit bouncy under braking, but it can take a hit or two on the kerbs. Be careful at the chicane though as you can boing off track on landing if you take too much kerb (practice a few laps and you'll understand what I mean)

I hope to work on improving this setup over the week and posting updates every so often.

Attachments

• Z Nascar.svm
    5.1 KB · Views: 34
I'd better test what I'm signing up for beforehand. Just did a few laps.
Sorry, but I'm withdrawing. That's too hard for me. :unsure:

But I'll definitely be there again soon. Just found fun again in rF2.

I'll give it a shot. Pretty beat up but I do well in the rain (please stay with me ) and this may have similarities...you know driving grip challenged bricks on wheels that turn like battleships with a stuck rudder and stops .... the best way to do that is use the surrounding barriers for help. How could I not attempt this potential opportunity

I had a breakthrough with setups when I noticed that the front end was so bouncy because there was no suspension movement. I have removed the 2.4cm of Bump Rubber by default (why) and it now works. @H_Belane this may have been the issues you were dealing with when you said you didn't like this car. Try the setup below and feel to come along and enjoy this wild ride tonight!

Attachments

• Y Nascar.svm
    5 KB · Views: 29
i cant join, subbed to knockhill and in game the download doesnt work @Jimlaad43
Yep, we have just noticed this. i am about to restart the server and sort it out. The circuit had a new update on Friday, which was after I created the mod pack for the server. Join the discord and i'll say when its ready

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back