rF2 NASCAR @ Homestead OVAL - Friday 21st July 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
STOCKCAR 2018.jpg

The graphic may say Monday, but we are racing the NASCAR Stockcars around an Oval for some Friday Night Fun! This Oval requires some skill around the corners, meaning this hopefully won't be the mess of Daytona a few months ago. Homestead-Miami is a fantastic low Oval with plenty of space to race and great night lights, this will be a fun evening of racing between the Cautions!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM NASCAR

Car(s):
  • STOCKCAR 2018 - [STEAM]
    • Centennial
    • Edgar
    • Titan
      • All upgrades will be forced to Homestead, Heavy Intermediate and Inner Liner configuration by default.
Track: Homestead-Miami 2022 [STEAM]
Layout: Homestead Oval
Track Temperature: 21°C
Fixed Setups: No (Standard is good enough tbh)
Start Type: Formation/Rolling
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: 14:00 (10x time)
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Factory
Gimmicks: Oval Racing, Full-Course yellows, Day-to-Night
1689532324231.png

Schedule: (EU) Friday 21st July 2022
Practice: 19:00 BST (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 BST (5 minutes)
Warm Up: 20:25 BST (5 minutes)
Race: 20:30 BST (100 Laps) (Max 1hr20mins)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged!
  • Please consider using Discord to talk to us. If you join up, please use Push-to-Talk.
  • Be careful when entering and exiting the Pitlane. These cars are designed to drive around banked ovals, not accelerate or brake from 1st gear. Make sure you practice entry and exit multiple times before the race.
  • Any braking for the pitlane MUST be done off the oval. Pull off below the line to the left before slowing down.
  • When pack racing, make sure you stick to your "lane" for as long as you can. If you change lanes with cars near you, it can often end in enormous crashes.
  • With the chaos of Oval races and the inevitable multiple Caution periods, things may go wrong in terms of timing or penalties. If that happens, please can you tell me what is wrong over Discord, and I will have a chance of trying to rectify it. If anything has to be typed, by either you or myself, the chances of it working are going to be much lower than voice chat.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. groy1980
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. Steve Le Gallez
  5. Jan Larsen
  6. Monkey T
  7. Free Spot
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
I'm in on the condition that someone posts a decent setup, I dont think I'll be able to practice much due to booked calendar this week.
I will work on a setup tonight and get that posted once I am happy with it.
Anyone who wants to practice on the server tonight with me is also welcome.

I have to downgrade myself to 'maybe'. As some of you noticed, I had connection issues on monday and I'm switching to cable from wireless as the distance to the router is too big and through too many walls to be stable. It all depends on whether the cable arrives in time or not.

link for pacecar server kicks me out
Yep, same here. Installed just fine according to manage content in game, but server dosent let me in either.
Btw, I'm back as 'in'. Moved the router a lot closer to the rig which doubled the speed and I'm sure also the stability. Google's range estimate on their Nest is bullshite.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back