My Sim Cockpit

11/09/2015
http://s16.postimg.org/evw7vgryd/DSC_0001.jpg

01/25/2015
http://s29.postimg.org/ao5nlsz13/DSC_0775.jpg
Scroll the pages to see the evolution of the project :D

Hello to all guys are Dario'm 20, I'm Italian and have always been passionate about cars and video games, a combination that took the life of a few weeks, since I was able to finally realize a driving position up to my expectations, it is not over yet there are still a lot of details. Here are the components of the PC:

DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg
DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg
DSC_0492.jpg

pc has the following configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 4690k (I'm waiting for the arrivals macho to overclock at least 4.0)
VGA: r9 280 (soon I will take another for crossfire)
RAM: Vengeance 2x4GB
HDD: WD 1tb
ALI: Corsair CX750M
MB: MSI z97 Gaming 5
CASE: Zalman z11 plus

Here the assembly:
DSC_0496.jpg
DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg
DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg
DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg
DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg
DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg

Last edited:
Came the sequential gearbox, a ARC_Team Carbon

Plate made in transparent lexan and aluminum support with 8 and 10mm :p

I also took the Sparco p77, really nice !!

The shifter is truly exceptional, has a thousand adjustments, and is a solid marble :D

Upvote 0
Fantastic setup I'm very envious. My only suggestion would be to replace the pedal setup, it looks like a standard G27 pedal set? I ran a set of inverted G25 pedals with the brake mod fitted and thought they were great..until I got a set of Fanatec Elites. I think the clubsport V3 pedals come out soon. They would MAKE this rig.

What kinda performance are you getting out of Project cars? I have an R9 290 with 4GB ram, but have been holding off due to the poor perfromance with AMD reports with Project Cars.

Upvote 0
I bought an r9 290 a while ago, and ive been toying with 3 screens, i didnt think it was viable, but after seeing your rig and the thread in here with the 3 screens from amazon, i am seriously tempted. ooh my wallet!

Whats the new rig called? it looks awesome, got a link for that as well? :) might as well have a look and see if i can obliterate my riches! hah

Upvote 0
I bought an r9 290 a while ago, and ive been toying with 3 screens, i didnt think it was viable, but after seeing your rig and the thread in here with the 3 screens from amazon, i am seriously tempted. ooh my wallet!

Whats the new rig called? it looks awesome, got a link for that as well? :) might as well have a look and see if i can obliterate my riches! hah

DIY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks again guys :p

Project Cars to go to 50/60 fps constants I use almost any medium, and just the detail cars and track high. But the fact is that I have done little more than 10 hours of play, due to poor compatibility with 3 screens, which causes me much trouble.

The pedals are the g27, with nixim spring to the clutch, GTEYE to the brake, and leo bodnar cable, but i think than I buy the fanatec v3 just it's possible. :D

For the rig, yes it's DIY, i buy all the components to motedis.com, a site that sells aluminium profiles. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Printed in 3D adapter to remove the quick release original TM and lighter than before about 300g.

2015_07_23_13_26_26.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

And this is the result, much cleaner and especially solid, now has 0 game, also 300g lighter, a little on the FFB are perceived.

Upvote 0
Hello guys, it's a whole lot that I do not update, here is my cockpit in its present state. :D

DSC_0001.jpg

For starters, I replaced the Shifter, now use a Fanatec CSS

DSC_0002.jpg

And a new button box, putting to one side, just behind the shifter

DSC_0003.jpg

New Steering wheel with paddles and button plate, that I linked at at another little button box

DSC_0005.jpg

On the second button box, there are 2 double switch, and Usb port.

DSC_0007.jpg

I also incremented the SimVibe system, which now has two BassPump III 50W, one behind the seat, and another under the steering wheel

DSC_0018.jpg

and 4 Reckhorn 100W two under the seat

DSC_0015.jpg

And two under the pedals ( Hydraulic DIY, that does not show you because I have yet to finish )

DSC_0012.jpg

As seen in the photo above, I added the rubber to isolate each element that has transducers (pedals, seat, steering wheel) to increase even more the feelings that come to the driver, as I isolated the station off the ground, creating many levels:
Silent Block
Block in MDF

Vibration mat

DSC_0021.jpg

The vibrations on the ground so they decreased by 80%, a remarkable achievement, now I can unleash my thomann E-400 and the small SMLS SA60 without disturbing neighbors.
default_wink.png

DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg

Until next time
default_biggrin.png

Upvote 0
Hello guys, there have been many changes at this time, I'll show you: D

I first separated the screens from the main building, andandone to create another which also incorporates a 19 "for the PC, OSW case, and various amplifiers

image.jpg

image.jpg

Case created entirely by me, with only sections and aluminum panels

image.jpg

And it served to accommodate the revised pc:

CPU: Intel i5 4690k
VGA: 2x Sapphire 390 r9
RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8gb
HDD: WD 1TB SSD 240GB +
ALI: Thermaltake 730W
MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Another thing that I have tried has been printing in 3D, and I just realized this button plate and magnetic paddle shift, really a great feeling.

And finally, I finally completed the pedals "hydraulic" a grind that has stretched for more than two months, it will not be beautiful it easy to adjust but I reached a top result with virtually feeling range of brake and clutch worthy of the most expensive in business.

P260 potentiometers with brackets for the model servant Alu and shielded cable to prevent any disturbance

always made in 3d support.

All pedals are equipped with air shocks, and the brake has a Mavin load cell

New location for flying, and soon will come the formula (obviously DIY)

Finally I made the plate of the sequential carbon and a handbrake with a g27 pedal, it can always come in handy: D

and here's a video, but also the foot cam to see the operation especially the clutch

Goodbye see you soon ;)

Upvote 0
Although it is much we do not place anything, at this time I made some changes to the location, such as the installation of the new steering wheel, a TM T500RS.

I had to disassemble to be able to sell below the screens

DSC_0806.jpg
DSC_0808.jpg

I also created a simple adapter, using the quick release of the original crown and the sparco, I joined them with a hard aluminum 3mm.

2015_03_12_09_58_02.jpg
2015_03_12_10_34_42.jpg

I also realized this aluminum support to easily attach and detach the screen / tablet that I use for telemetry.

2015_03_25_13_29_39.jpg
DSC_0804.jpg

Finally I also placed the srw-s1, reinforcing the supports, and changing the cable.

DSC_0809.jpg

And as usual, here is a video with all the news: D

[Youtube]

I also changed the layout of the transducers, and applied to the rubber to silence them :)

byebye: D

Hi Dedraro,

I'm a little late to the camp, but I was wondering if you had some more information on how you reinforced your SRW-S1. I like the idea of a quick release as I use a couple of different style wheels that I use. I also have the SRW-S1, but have not used it on my rig because I have so far I have not really found a solution to mount I that I like, however the idea of using a quick release looks like it might be what I'm after. I just need some ideas on how you reinforced it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea