My NEW RTX 2070

Could you please continue to make screenshots with fps of your games ? I think it could help people to make their choice
If this helps, great...ACC with 'EPIC' Game settings on Triple Screen 5760x1080...Lambo at Paul Ricard in the 'Heavy Rain' and found that ACC was quite consistant in FPS 45 - 58 once you got started averaging around 55 FPS. The GPU and CPU are well utilized and Temps in both CPU and GPU are very good. All in all really liking ACC.
1 ACC EPIC Game Settings crop.jpg

...on the Starting Grid...
2 ACC STARING GRID copy.jpg

...just a random screen shot...
3 ACC random shot During Game copy.jpg

My pc is not powerful enough to run ACC but I can see that triple screens work good with your rtx2070 so why many people complain about lack of triple screen support in ACC forum ? Trolls ?

My pc is not powerful enough to run ACC but I can see that triple screens work good with your rtx2070 so why many people complain about lack of triple screen support in ACC forum ? Trolls ?

It's because the image doesn't account for monitor angle resulting in a stretching of the side screens.

If we put all monitors in a line it would look prefect, but we'd lose FOV.

Also to the Op, congratulations! Waiting so long for an upgrade makes the visual jump huge!!

Great information by @M D Gourley. I have the GTX 970 and hesitate to upgrade to any card because of the issue of ports. Seems like getting a card that will support triples with 144Hz may be a wish that can't be realized with monitors that have DVi.
On the comment of OC the CPU, I remember an interview where a developer mentioned of OC and FFB being an issue, which I immediately reset my i5 6600k back to stock and any change in performance in regards to PC was distinguishable.

Is it possible for you to do same fps benchmarks with single screen too ? Just curious to see if your fps will be x3 times better or not ???

Slight slide into a side topic:
I was looking at USA prices for 2070, 2080, & 2080ti yesterday. Looks like a pair of 2070 in SLI is a better bang for the money than a single 2080ti...

Slight slide into a side topic:
I was looking at USA prices for 2070, 2080, & 2080ti yesterday. Looks like a pair of 2070 in SLI is a better bang for the money than a single 2080ti...
...err, I think or am very sure the RTX 2070 can not work in SLI...nVidia have removed that capability to that particular card....as you said it would have been better bang for buck and possibly 2x 2070's in SLI would have had the same or close performance of a 2080Ti....only my personal opinion:)

Hello guys, interesting post.

After my GTX 780 died (I was very satisfied with th performances of this GC in general), I bought an RTX 2070.
And I got some troubles to get good video settings in Raceroom.

On the starting grid at the last place with 27 AI, I got 45 FPS. I play in 1920x1080 60 Hz.
As soon as the AI are away, I got 60 FPS and it's playable. I had better results with my 780.

On Dirt Rally 2.0 I have solid 60 FPS in Ultra

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, 4 x 3,50GHz; MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z;

Can you please share some settings with Raceroom?

I have the 'Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 OC Edition' and have poor FPS on the starting Grid, but this seems to happen on all Sims I have anyway, but once I get started all is good...below are my Raceroom settings and some MSI Afterburner data on Nordschleife with 27 Group C cars on the Grid.
On the grid had about 45 - 49 FPS, race starts goes up to 62 FPS or so and during the race hits around 90 - 100 FPS in Cockpit View on my Triple Screen set up 5760x1080....can hit up to 140FPS in 'Bumper Cam'
1 RACEROOM RTX2070 SETTINGS.jpg
2 RACEROOM RTX2070 SETTINGS.jpg
3 RACEROOM RTX2070 SETTINGS.jpg
4 RACEROOM RTX2070 SETTINGS.jpg
5 RACEROOM RTX2070 FPS copy.jpg
6 RACEROOM RTX2070 FPS copy.jpg
7 RACEROOM RTX2070 FPS copy.jpg

Hello guys, interesting post.

After my GTX 780 died (I was very satisfied with th performances of this GC in general), I bought an RTX 2070.
And I got some troubles to get good video settings in Raceroom.

On the starting grid at the last place with 27 AI, I got 45 FPS. I play in 1920x1080 60 Hz.
As soon as the AI are away, I got 60 FPS and it's playable. I had better results with my 780.

On Dirt Rally 2.0 I have solid 60 FPS in Ultra

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, 4 x 3,50GHz; MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z;

sounds to me like your bottlenecked by your cpu.

youd notice a bigger diffrence scaling up to a 2560x1440 resolution monitor or even 4k.

at 1920x1080 your cpu will be used a lot more than it would with higher resolution where the graphics card will be doing alot more of the work.

have you thought about overclocking the cpu? the 3770k should hit around 4.2 - 4.4ghz no problem

sounds to me like your bottlenecked by your cpu.

youd notice a bigger diffrence scaling up to a 2560x1440 resolution monitor or even 4k.

at 1920x1080 your cpu will be used a lot more than it would with higher resolution where the graphics card will be doing alot more of the work.

If his CPU is really bottlenecked at 1080p, he will gain absolutely nothing by going to a higher resolution. You don't gain framerate by increasing the resolution. The only situation where the CPU might be working less in higher resolution is when the GPU can't keep up and the framerate drops.

The only way to improve framerate in a CPU-bottlenecked situation is to possibly lower some CPU intensive settings, or overclock/upgrade the CPU. You may certainly go to higher resolution if your GPU can keep up, but it will not do anything for your CPU bottleneck.

Good read

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_SLI_RTX_2080_SLI_NVLink/9.html

RTX 2080 SLI is within single-digit percentage performance with RTX 2080 Ti SLI. Get a single RTX 2080 Ti, overclock it further yourself, and you've definitively set yourself up for 4K 60 Hz bliss. Should you spend $2,480 on RTX 2080 Ti SLI? This is a different beast. For the sheer fact that there is no alternative to RTX 2080 Ti SLI, it becomes a halo option. You spend top dollar for the highest performance you can have. Even so, the RTX 2080 Ti SLI is unlikely to make 4K 120 Hz gaming a breeze without watering down the eye candy, and it's still not fast enough for higher resolutions, such as 5K or 8K.

Look at A - Z list see how many games don't scale well if at all ....
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_SLI_RTX_2080_SLI_NVLink/5.html

Think I will stick with prehistoric 1440p lol

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes