Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MXGP 3.jpg

Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:
More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The last MX game to really grab me was MCM2, and that was a long time ago.

I feel the same. I've played the MX games in the latest series, they've never grabbed me. They seem to have an artificial sluggishness about them. As great as they look, there's no getting over that. MCM2 you have total flexibility of the bike.

Maybe the newest one might fix that, they did a good job on ride 2

I have been thinking for some reason that i wanna give MXGP a try, havent played these kinda games since early console-times. I have tested Moto-GP on PS like 5-years a go, was thinking it again but i think its the same like before. Rather i go to a Russian prison in middle of Siberia :ninja:... But this, i liked what i saw but then i saw that MORE THAN REAL :cautious: pppfffff.... That never means good plus like a crown on top, Milestone...Ugh.

• Full Source Code Access - With C++ source code for all of Unreal Engine 4, you can customize and extend Unreal Editor tools and Unreal Engine subsystems, including physics, audio, online, animation, rendering as well as Slate UI. With complete control over engine and gameplay code, you get everything so you can build anything.
  • Professional Source Control - Unreal Engine 4 supports full C++ source code access via GitHub for subscription members with clear version documentation and tracking. In addition, both Perforce version control and Apache Subversion support are available to developers with custom license terms. No matter your team size, you can easily coordinate development and design efforts with others through UE4's versioning infrastructure.
  • C++ Code View - Unreal Engine 4 Code View saves time by allowing you to browse C++ functions directly on game characters and objects and jump straight to source code lines in Microsoft Visual Studio to make changes.
  • Hot Reload Function - Make updates to your gameplay code while the game is running using Unreal Engine 4's popular Hot Reload feature. This tool allows you to edit C++ code and see those changes reflected immediately in-game without ever pausing gameplay.

Sounds pretty interesting for modding, apart from that it's a bit ridiculous to praise non-blocked standard features given by UE4 as goods of the game itself.

These are the qualifying results with maximum AI difficulty and no assists.. +3s :confused:
Just to be aware: it was my first ever time playing any MXGP game and that 1.34.488 was my first and only qualifying lap.
I can image what lap time an experienced player can manage and how poor the AI is even at the simulation difficulty.
Senza nome.jpg

I'll ask for a refund on Steam.. 10 minutes of play are enough for this :poop:

Only because you have a bad experience it does not mean that anyone else should not buy a game. Boycott attempts like this are extremely bad for the industry! Have you tried the AI on other tracks and with different weather? Maybe this is an isolated bug.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.