Multiple displays on Simhub or DashPanel

NetLawMan

Premium
Hi.
these little USB monitors are terrific. I have built a great custom speedometer in DashPanel. I would like to add a few more to show other Telemetry data. I can’t figure out how to have multiple monitors in Simhub or DashPanel. Any help would be appreciated.

thx.

Yea its possible. How are you connecting them? Wifi?

I have 3 running on wifi. All you have to do is input your IP info.

Sometimes you have to get your ipconfig data from command prompt.

Hello,

What kind of USB screens are you using?
If they are the kind that simply extend your desktop or USBD480 you can launch multiple DashPanel instances.
See this guide:

PFS
Hi. They are usb-c displays. I could change if that would help. It just seems like perhaps the usbd480 stuff is fairly old tech. I am happy to hear advice. What if each screen had a raspberry pi, so it could do its own processing?

So I have both windows arm and rasbianOS (Linux) on different raspberry Pi based lcds. It would be great to understand my dashpanel or other options in terms of multiple screens showing different data. Note that while I could easily connect these via usb-c or HDMI’s to my gaming rig, I am hoping this is a better option to avoid a hit to my gaming fps. This is especially the case given the fact that simhub and Dashpanel both connect to the client “screens” via network anyway (typically 127.0.0.1).

So I have both windows arm and rasbianOS (Linux) on different raspberry Pi based lcds. It would be great to understand my dashpanel or other options in terms of multiple screens showing different data. Note that while I could easily connect these via usb-c or HDMI’s to my gaming rig, I am hoping this is a better option to avoid a hit to my gaming fps. This is especially the case given the fact that simhub and Dashpanel both connect to the client “screens” via network anyway (typically 127.0.0.1).

For DashPanel the only option is to connect them to the main rig.
I've looked into running on Raspberry Pi but Unity doesn't currently offer any way to build for Linux on ARM CPU so out of luck there.

Running two local DashPanel clients at 640x480 on my PC is using about 1-2% CPU and 1-2% GPU while running Assetto Corsa so the performance hit is as minimal as possible.
Screenshot 2021-10-13 141744.png

Running on:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
MSI GTX 970

I would advise to run it that way with the DashPanelServer option to set the games priority to Above Normal. This would ensure the game gets all the resources it needs with only the spare capacity going to the dashboards.

Obviously offloading the rendering to a phone or tablet will work better as the server usually shows 0-0.1% CPU usage.

Good luck

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 210 88.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 40 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 65 27.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 33.2%