AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5@Bathurst, Wednesday 13th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks all for racing tonight, guys :thumbsup: .
I had a intense but great race. I had to be very concentrated because almost the whole race Tim behind me had similar pace and was never far away. Because Allan had apparently problems to see the walls on his new screens (thus hitting them multiple times) and Axel had a severe accident in the Dipper I finished 2nd. Very happy with a second podium in a row:)!

Congrats to the other podium drivers and thanks to all Audi's for their patience and their safe overtakes. Great job, guys:thumbsup:!

Next week the 3rd race in the Fat-Alfie championship on the Deutschlandring. Great track so I'm already looking forward to it. Practice server will be up tonight! You'd better use it if you don't know it because the track is 10km long.

For those that find the step to the GT3 cars too big for the moment, there's now the option to join the Sunday events with a GT4 class car. Those cars are easier to handle and have fewer setup options. And these cars are also very suited to learn certain aspects of racing which will help you to become faster in every car.
The Maserati doesn't have ABS so you can learn to optimize your braking and the Porsche is very good for learning tyre management. So it's really a good step up between the Audi and the GT3's.

You can join here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/W8rs_8fw935z03awTgHg9#cars

Last edited:
Thanks once more for organizing Han, and congratulations to the podium drivers! :thumbsup: Good to hear the new participants had a good time as well. Yet unfortunate you decided to pit indefinitely Doug. :(

I had a good race overall. My start was not great but slipping down the back helped me avoid some incidents on the first laps and climb places. I had a good fight with Dave on the first stint. I was faster than him on the first sector but he was faster than me on the second, from the essess to the elbow, so he kept me honest and on my toes. It was fun man! :laugh:

I had zero incidents besides one, trying to get away from Dave, in which I carried to much speed into Skyline... I felt I was going to hit the wall so tried to maneuver the car into a flat-sideways collision to keep it facing the right way. Which luckily worked because I could continue straight after bouncing off, even managing to stay ahead after a decent exit out of the Dipper... what a moment! :confused:

Afterwards I could get away when Dave fell back after a troubled exit at the first corner. The rest of the race was a tad lonely but I was quite consistent so I'm very happy with that. I also had a few kicks when the Audis came roaring by... including two heart-stopping moments on the mountain sector. But it always worked out so thanks for your patience and precise driving guys! It was a great race to experience overall. Thanks for the replay Chris! :coffee:

See you on the next one chaps.

Last edited:
It's been a long time now since I wanted to just hotlap more in the car after the race, but this track and car combination is just so fun that I knew I wanted to do some more.

I could feel during the race that something special was possible from this car and after about an hour or so practicing, here it is. :)

Last edited:
Wow! Nice lap... And that's without P2P :confused:
Still default-ish setup?
I found T1 highly variable myself - I really struggled with the lack of reference points.
With P2P :) Without it this lap would be 2:16.3 or so. Still default-ish setup, the same one I drove for the race. Only changes are personal taste: less front camber and toe, but they are a compromise rather than a straight upgrade over the default setup. To be honest the setup doesn't do much in this car, but you already knew that :coffee:

T1 is absolutely impossible to consistently get right, there are no good braking indicators in this car for the point you should actually brake.
PS: how can you see laps on RSR if they're on non-stock tracks? I can't see any laps for Bathurst on the site.
For some reason it has some non-stock tracks on the site but not others. You need to load in the track in-game and then you'll see the ranking.

Last edited:
Lets have a look in the racing driver excuse filing cabinet.................................

Excuses.gif

Here are the options for a forgettable Bathhurst race;

1. It was my birthday and I may have had one or two refreshments before the race,
2. The FPS was dropping on my new triple screen set up,
3. I forgot to fuel up for the race and started on qualy fuel load, requiring a pitstop.

Well, option 1 was partly true, it was my birthday and I did have a drink but nothing too heavy,
option 2 was a factor in Tuesday's race at the start but some graphic adjustments seem to have cured that one so it leaves option 3.

The observant amongst you, Frej and Fabiano, would have seen me dive into the pits on lap 3 to refuel:rolleyes:, I could have found an excuse that AC had re-set to default set up but no, it was all my own fault:redface::redface::redface::cry: but option 1 may have had some bearing on my error.

So the 30 second pitstop left me well behind the Audi's but ahead of the Mazda's , a pity as I was having a battle with Bart before the race engineer reminded me of my fuel supply issues. Colin kindly waited for me at one stage :D but he went off at the Dipper and I just had to navigate the Mazda's and the concrete walls of the mountain to finish a very distant 9th.

Lessons learnt, but well done to both podiums, thanks to the Mazda guys for keeping it clean and thanks Han for organizing.:thumbsup:

Lets have a look in the racing driver excuse filing cabinet.................................

View attachment 509947

Here are the options for a forgettable Bathhurst race;

1. It was my birthday and I may have had one or two refreshments before the race,
2. The FPS was dropping on my new triple screen set up,
3. I forgot to fuel up for the race and started on qualy fuel load, requiring a pitstop.

Well, option 1 was partly true, it was my birthday and I did have a drink but nothing too heavy,
option 2 was a factor in Tuesday's race at the start but some graphic adjustments seem to have cured that one so it leaves option 3.

The observant amongst you, Frej and Fabiano, would have seen me dive into the pits on lap 3 to refuel:rolleyes:, I could have found an excuse that AC had re-set to default set up but no, it was all my own fault:redface::redface::redface::cry: but option 1 may have had some bearing on my error.

So the 30 second pitstop left me well behind the Audi's but ahead of the Mazda's , a pity as I was having a battle with Bart before the race engineer reminded me of my fuel supply issues. Colin kindly waited for me at one stage :D but he went off at the Dipper and I just had to navigate the Mazda's and the concrete walls of the mountain to finish a very distant 9th.

Lessons learnt, but well done to both podiums, thanks to the Mazda guys for keeping it clean and thanks Han for organizing.:thumbsup:
Congratulations with your birthday, Paul!

Nice to see from simresults.net that with a 2.24ish best lap in practice I would've been in the last Audi spot anyway. I struggle in keeping my consistency at 100% but it seems I'm succeeding :roflmao: however, I noticed in the other races that during the race I usually shave quite a bit off of times I am able to do when driving alone, most probably because of being able to see the optimal race line from other drivers. Still improving and having fun!

OT On the other hand, do you guys use the simracing.gp app to register? I use my smartphone a lot in comparison to the computer and lately I am not able to open the app and log in. There's a circle going round and round indefinitely. If I open the site in Chrome (on the phone) and log in from there instead, then it forwards me to the app that starts working regularly. Anyone experiencing the same? I tried clearing cache and no improvement, I now uninstalled the app and I'm not able to find it anywhere, I don't remember if it was installed from the Play Store or from an apk..

OT On the other hand, do you guys use the simracing.gp app to register? I use my smartphone a lot in comparison to the computer and lately I am not able to open the app and log in. There's a circle going round and round indefinitely. If I open the site in Chrome (on the phone) and log in from there instead, then it forwards me to the app that starts working regularly. Anyone experiencing the same? I tried clearing cache and no improvement, I now uninstalled the app and I'm not able to find it anywhere, I don't remember if it was installed from the Play Store or from an apk..
Same here on my iPhone Omar, cannot join Racedepartment event via simracing.gp on my phone.
Eventually got my PC to work though by clearing the web browser cache last night, eventually, missed the race though.:(
Not sure what you mean by simracing.gp app, I just go to its web site via Racedepartment.?

Just did the same on my phone, a bit drastic , but cleared all the Safari Cache on my phone, now works.

Last edited:
It's looking like another champagne Sunday for us Han!
Well, I don't mind because I see it as an opportunity to learn the GT4 and especially tyre management but I'm OK to switch to the Nissan if it stays that way.
Suggestion: if at 15 min before the event starts, we have less than 4 GT4 participants, we will switch to GT3? I won't practice beforehand with the Nissan though.

I really like driving the Cayman, lots of fun, chews up the front tires but doesn't try to kill you. But I also like the shopping trolley aka 488 , which does occasionally remind you who is the boss and it can kill you at any time, can't decide which to drive on Sunday :thumbsdown:

Oh and good fun last night, but I really should practice driving the Mazda before racing rather than going in cold every time :whistling:

Last edited:
I really like driving the Cayman, lots of fun, chews up the front tires but doesn't try to kill you. But I also like the shopping trolley aka 488 , which does occasionally remind you who is the boss and it can kill you at any time, can't decide which to drive on Sunday :thumbsdown:

Oh and good fun last night, but I really should practice driving the Mazda before racing rather than going in cold every time :whistling:
Hi Taj,

You're right about the front tyres but I discovered at some practice laps on Bathurst that you as a driver have a lot of influence on that in this car. So I'm planning to use these races to get better on tyre management. I hope it will help me with preserving tyres with GT3's also.

Well, I don't mind because I see it as an opportunity to learn the GT4 and especially tyre management but I'm OK to switch to the Nissan if it stays that way.
Suggestion: if at 15 min before the event starts, we have less than 4 GT4 participants, we will switch to GT3? I won't practice beforehand with the Nissan though.
Four sign ups now! let's GT4!!!!:):):)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Forum trophies