AC Multiclass Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Hernad Valley, Wed 8th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Oh man... what a track! It's quite funny but also very difficult.
It's really bumpy and to get the laptime right i guess you need to cut a lots of corners by the millimeter keeping the car inside track-limits to gain high speed.
Also, over the road humps in 4th or 5th gear i always get the rpm revs going up like crazy and a quite strong steering wheel reaction... in fact I had to decrease the amount of force feedback to keep it under control and i'm not really satisfied yet. Wonder if working on suspension set up might help.

Btw, i actually foresee lots of crashes during the race :roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man... what a track! It's quite funny but also very difficult.
It's really bumpy and to get the laptime right i guess you need to cut a lots of corners by the millimeter keeping the car inside track-limits to gain high speed.
Also, over the road humps in 4th or 5th gear i always get the rpm revs going up like crazy and a quite strong steering wheel reaction... in fact I had to decrease the amount of force feedback to keep it under control and i'm not really satisfied yet. Wonder if working on suspension set up might help.

Btw, i actually foresee lots of crashes during the race :roflmao:
Glad you like it, Giando. Don't forget to sign up in time!

Hy Giando,

welcome to the "slightly crazy Gentlemen´s Racing Club" ;)

Here are some suspension thoughts:

traction problems occure when the tyre is not in his working pressure range (27 psi hot for the Mazda, who knows for the other thing:rolleyes:)

If you´re good there it´s probably the suspension keeping the tyre from following the undulating road service or the car bottoming out as a whole.
Check the replay for sparks to exclude the car hitting the road surface.

If the suspension "goes on block" (the spring coils meet or the bump stop is hit too early) raise the ride height, perhaps use stiffer springs and shorten/soften the bumpstop.

Ride height and spring rate influence balance so you have to change all corners.

If you still have traction loss try softening the fr rebound to allow the tyre to follow the bumps more freely.

Still unsatiesfied?
These are the disadvantages of

FWD sucks.png

(been there, done that, got the T shirt, still in therapy :cry:)

(half) joking aside, try the Mazda, a much more friendly car.(and way better engineered)

MFG Carsten

(and yes, I´m deeply biased against the Shopping Trolley, it´s not only cheap but lazy ass engineering that forces you to work around the enormous amounts of torque steer:mad:)

Last edited:
Hy Giando,

welcome to the "slightly crazy Gentlemen´s Racing Club" ;)

Here are some suspension thoughts:

traction problems occure when the tyre is not in his working pressure range (27 psi hot for the Mazda, who knows for the other thing:rolleyes:)

If you´re good there it´s probably the suspension keeping the tyre from following the undulating road service or the car bottoming out as a whole.
Check the replay for sparks to exclude the car hitting the road surface.

If the suspension "goes on block" (the spring coils meet or the bump stop is hit too early) raise the ride height, perhaps use stiffer springs and shorten/soften the bumpstop.

Ride height and spring rate influence balance so you have to change all corners.

If you still have traction loss try softening the fr rebound to allow the tyre to follow the bumps more freely.

Still unsatiesfied?
These are the disadvantages of

View attachment 644781

(been there, done that, got the T shirt, still in therapy :cry:)

(half) joking aside, try the Mazda, a much more friendly car.(and way better engineered)

MFG Carsten

(and yes, I´m deeply biased against the Shopping Trolley, it´s not only cheap but lazy ass engineering that forces you to work around the enormous amounts of torque steer:mad:)
Thank you!
What's the 'Shopping Trolley' ?:thumbsdown: aaah... edit: probably the 500 Abarth? :laugh:

Last edited:
Thank you!
What's the 'Shopping Trolley' ?:thumbsdown: aaah... edit: probably the 500 Abarth? :laugh:
Right you are:thumbsup:

It´s part of a longrunning ribbing between Han and me because he really likes this thing and has spend quite some time and effort to doctor the conditions so that the "Shopping Trolley" could be competive.

The "Hairdresser´s Porsche" on the other hand was a real car from the beginning with a "grown up" drive train and competent suspension;)

Äh Giando,

after some more thought I think I may have missunderstood your problem:redface:

if your problem looks like this:
Van Halen.PNG

then there is no easy solution, just straightline it as good as possible and hold on to your ass (ets)

MFG Carsten

(btw, AC is more and more like the real world:
this jump felt like dozens of meters high and wide, but that´s not what race tracker showed:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
Äh Giando,

after some more thought I think I may have missunderstood your problem:redface:

if your problem looks like this:View attachment 644887

then there is no easy solution, just straightline it as good as possible and hold on to your ass (ets)

MFG Carsten

(btw, AC is more and more like the real world:
this jump felt like dozens of meters high and wide, but that´s not what race tracker showed:rolleyes:)
Thanks MFG Cartsen... yes that's the issue. Circuit related i guess. I'll get on with it. I'm learning and slowly improving my laptimes. A-MA-ZING circuit... it has something special

hello han
i have a problem when i try to log on hernad valley
unexpected error and the computer freezes
same problem when i tried to down load the new radical
please help
thanks gary

hello han
i have a problem when i try to log on hernad valley
unexpected error and the computer freezes
same problem when i tried to down load the new radical
please help
thanks gary
Hi Gary,

Let's rule out a lot of things that might be the problem:
  • Do a clean install of the track without Content Manager
  • Install all the skins (also the one I posted today in the 1st post)
  • Make sure you use CSP (my version is 1.78).
  • Make sure you are using the correct password.
Is this doesn't work, we'll have to look further.

The sudden pit limiter has already been covered when passing the start finish line.
Track limits are invariably of no consequence here because the is always a Fence or tree to tell you, but I did notice that just one wheel on the grass triggers a cut track?

Is there still room for a rookie?
Just did the upgrade to premium, hope it will be updated in time for the race.

EDIT:
Nevermind, it's already updated. Guess I just need that Emperor account then.

Last edited:
It is? I didn't notice that (I'm such a clean driver:whistling:) but therefore I changed the penalty for cuts to a warning. There are not real cut opportunities where you can gain time so it's not necessary to have a drive through as a penalty.

Thanks Han, makes a lot of sense since going wide in most places is not a good thing.

I'm not clicking with the track and no more practice time so my focus will be on consistency and avoid tangling with the scenery.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 440 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 273 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 292 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.3%
Back