AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Norisring 50's, Wed 6th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Qualy was okay for me. pb'd, so the right moment to do, gave me 6th pos on grid

race lap one was okay (bumped in a spunn off Han in T1), but I lost it in lap 2 turn 1, hitting the warp to pits-button by accident... so, stupid mistake there. From there I was off focus, had some nice catch-ups with Ricardo Prins, after my first overtake, I thought my braking point was there, but I braked 100 meters too early, must have felt like a brake test for Ricardo, but that wasn't the intention, soory for that!

Later on, had some laps with Darryl, but I made too many mistakes. Luckily I didnt loose 'my pedals like in qualy. This wasn't my track (really tried it in practice), so, on to the next one!

Thanks Han and congrats to the podium!

Last edited:
That was a nice race. After 3 laps when Kimi bumped me and I went on the grass I didn't have much action but I was pleased that my pace was good.

I have been optimizing the pedals settings via the SmartControl software for the Abarth and it looks like it pays off.

Congrats to the podium and thanks all for joining.
Please vote for the format of the upcoming Fat-Alfie championship and see you next week.

Yeah,
this track was rather tough, especially the almost 90° corners in "the balls of the Virus" :cautious:

I capitalized from the "L1T1 Cluster****(TM)", got murdered a lap later and after that needed some time to find myself again.:speechless:

The agressive setup that seemed a good idea at Qualy with lots of "throttle steer" was now problem because I overdrifted lots of corners and gave away positions by that.

Took lots of laps to get it right again, in the end I could do some hotlaps around my (new) PB and in the second but last corner inherited P7 from Robert who must have started celebrations a bit early. Sorry, Mate.

Anyone else noticed a short server disconnect at 2225h?

Have a good night Carsten

( Oh, in case Han forgot to plug his championship, have you voted for the time format yet??:p)

Last edited:
It was a good come back after the holidays for me.
Was a bit rusty but it quickly came back - just like riding a bicycle.

Had little time to practice but still I felt I left something on the table for quali.
Bad start with a hit on the wall just before the big straight that bumped me into the middle of the track causing a bit of a chain reaction with the cars in the back. Sorry about that folks.
After that the race was relatively smooth, with the ocasional lapse of concentration but nothing too serious.

Got to battle Paulo for most of the race - great racing by the way! - but in the end it came down to who made less mistakes. I went first, after passing him before the starting line he quickly got on my side and that meant I could not go for my regular line on the first 3 corners. With my lack of experience that ended in the expected result: a mess that lead me off track.
Unfortunately for Paulo shortly after he was the one making a mistake and that one created a bigger gap between us, which lasted all the way till the checkered flag.

Great racing from everyone, congrats to the podiums and thanks to Han for hosting it.
See you next week!
- Ricardo S

Some great luck , some not so good, bad start, normal !!!!, then made 3 places first corner, made 5 places in another corner a lap later, how I sailed through the middle of it I will never know.
Sailed merrily on my way, thinking I had enough of a lead not to worry for a while, could keep up with the front two Mazdas, so had good pace, hit a curb, up the banking , race over.:( That will teach me to think all is well.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

D24B0B01-F41C-4DD7-8100-2503697E4F84.jpeg

From there I was off focus, had some nice catch-ups with Ricardo Prins, after my first overtake, I thought my braking point was there, but I braked 100 meters too early, must have felt like a brake test for Ricardo, but that wasn't the intention, soory for that!
Haha, it certainly caught me off guard when that happened. I figured it was just first-lap jitters, so no worries. I'm happy to say I passed the test and didn't crash into you. Also, I think I bumped into you in the last corner in one of the first few laps, so let's call it even.

Overall this was a bit of a frustrating race for me. Before I joined the server I was doing 1:51s but on the server I couldn't get faster then a 1:52. During the race I was mostly on my own, so it was a bit boring. That lead to a bit of frustration which in turn made me even slower, haha

Frustration aside, I'm more motivated than ever to improve my laptimes and consistency because I want to fight you guys!

Qualified 1st... but... next to each other I was third anyways..:D. nevertheless the race was not one of the best, I lacked just a bit of speed compaired to Jari, made a mistake and ended up just in front of Han, where I could pull away from luckily. Later on Jari made 1 mistake and I ended up 2 secs behind him over the finishline.

Great racing, great track!

btw.. this is what I ment

Old version
Norisring49.png

New version
Norisring new.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back