AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Motodrom Schottenring, Wed 20th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thank you all for racing. It was a very demanding track where even the Mazda suffered from understeer.

While technically that is true, at least you can turn it on the brakes :p

(not my fault:rolleyes:)

After a lot of work and preparation my race lasted a whopping 4.8 laps :poop:

L2T1 I had a little "Tete a Butt" with A. (my fault to expect room with that little overlap, got the proverbial door slammed right into my hood :() waiting for him cost me 10 positions.
Two corners on he tried the "headbutt" on someone else, swerving around his stalled car cost me another two positions.

Two laps of recovery driving later made two positions in the last corner (through the inside, clearly ahead) but got shoved onto the grass and into the lake. Some people had clearly gagged their spotters tonight.

Found out that I can´t drive on water, couldn´t get on my own and called it a night.

No celebratory beer tonight, on to the East Coast.

Oh, and be carefull what xou wish for :confused:.
After a lot of "hotlapping" lately I wished for some close racing.
That will teach me.....:cautious:

Man what a race!

I had the best start since I joined you guys, From 8th to 3rd and kept Robert and 2 more behind me for about 4 laps, creating a Trulli train. And just because I didnt had the time to practice (again) I didnt'had the needed pace and was losing places later on, but had great fun and had to drive around my bad setup.

Trulli train:
First_lap_2001_Canada.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about that, partly my fault. I could see you clearly got a better exit, but unfortunately there was a car to my right that must of had an off track as it was moving very slowly.
By the time I fully understood what was going on I had the option of slamming on my breaks and probably crashing into the back of him or try to make it passed on the left, but alas as I started pass him he came towards the centre of the track, which ended up with you going for a swim.

Again sorry for ruining your race, if your any thing like me you don't get many opportunities in a week to pretend to be a race driver!

A very enjoyable race and my most consistent one without any spins and maybe 1 off-track!

With my wheelstand sliding all around in the last 20 minutes of the previous race, I knew I had to do something about that if I wanted to partake in the next races. You guys gave some great tips and I ended up buying a grippy rubber mat to put my stand on. Mission successful as my stand hasn't moved a millimeter since I got it. Here's a link if anyone is interested: https://www.rubbermagazijn.nl/supergrip-4mm-lxb-10x1m_zwart_25019.html

So, I'll have to admit I'm somewhat of an idiot... When I first joined you guys, I set up all my controls, set up autoblip and autoclutch, etc. But apparently you have to set the assists on the SERVER as well! So for the first 3 races I have been fighting to keep my car on the road, wondering why I have less issues when driving on my own... Thanks for the tip Carsten!

The first few corners were kinda scary with some people going 3 or 4 cars wide into them, but it seems to have gone pretty well apart from Paulo spinning off in the first corner again. I feel sorry for him and hope he will have a better start next time around.

After the first few laps seeing people crash around me, I found myself trying to keep up with Han. He kept on growing the gap between us, but I think after a while I finally found the same pace. Couldn't get closer to him though, so we'll have to revisit this fight the next race. I'll get you some day, Han!

Unfortunately, this race wasn't without any incidents. In lap 6 I completely missed the braking point for the last corner, went into the grass and exited the corner very slowly. I saw @stigs2cousin and @Snake3rd fighting behind me. They were rapidly closing the gap between me and them so I decided to stick on the right. When Daryl tried passing me, he bumped into me, spun off and hit Carsten as well. I felt terrible seeing you guys spin off and wondered if it was my fault. I was quite sure I gave you guys enough room to pass me.

After watching the replay endless times it dawned on me that I was the one who bumped into Daryl after slowly drifting to the left. Well... That was definitely a learning moment for me. I wholeheartedly take the blame for that, although I also saw Carsten moving a cars width to the right, essentially hamburgering Daryl between us. I think Daryl is least to blame since he couldn't really go anywhere else.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 138 86.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.0%