AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda@TT Assen, Wed 17th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a good race at first.Tucked in behind Thomas who had good pace and my old nemisis pal Andre behind me..All going great then Andre looked liked he flipped somehow on a corner..Took the lead off Thomas :p only to mess it up a bit later by over cooking the last S bend before Start/Finish,in doing so, i collected @robthesquare who in turn forced @Shed 17 off the road,so i do apoligize guys,waited for them to get going again,but few more little mistakes and also my computer making little stutte rpauses did,nt help much.Will have to look into why that is happening..So i finished 7th,not much love for this track so was,nt that bothered..

Shame you did,nt keep out of my way at 8.37 when you took me off and did,nt wait..:p
:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oh, really? I wasn’t aware of that, my apologies!! I’ll have a look at the replay, sorry mate!

Edit after seeing the replay: @Allan Ramsbottom yeah I see what you mean Allan, I had to avoid Andre coming back to speed after his slide, I went wide on the right around him, you were on his left, I couldn’t see you when I got back to the racing line. No idea you were there until I saw you going off in the mirror. I asked it on the radio but even at that point I didn’t realise it was me who took you out. Again, sorry man! I should have waited and I would have if I was fully aware it was me causing you to go through the dust there.

Last edited:
No, just clearing out all my unwanted stuff after moving to sunny Walderslade..

Carsten.
I could get you a BMW 330i MY 2019 with manual transmission, KW coilovers, satnav and full leather sport seats.

D02195B6-DE09-4185-8019-DD5311AC821A.jpeg

No, just clearing out all my unwanted stuff after moving to sunny Walderslade..

Carsten.
I could get you a BMW 330i MY 2019 with manual transmission, KW coilovers, satnav and full leather sport seats.

View attachment 722588

Maybe you´d like to swap with a 2013 GT86, magma orange, manual transmission, KW coilovers, satnav and Leather/Alcantara seats?

(I´m assuming the BMW has the steering wheel on the "right"(meaning the correct) side :p.)

Nothing to say except my apologies to Han for punting him. I had never fought a Suzuki before and never drove one, therefore I didn't expect the car to be so (relatively) slow on the straights /full throttle sections. As soon as I realized i was going to too fast I tried moving to the left but it was already too late. Happy to see that you managed to recover fast and had an overall good result.

As for me, I was happy to have found an old setup (which I downloaded in the past) when we raced at brands hatch that made my MX5 rear quite stable, but either I got the wrong one this time or I did not manage to drive the car properly, but I spun countless times and the race turned out being a frustrating attempt to get to the end. Do anyone have any suggestion (other than "learn how to use your right foot", which I'm already trying to do) to have a less spin-prone car? I know that I should use the throttle progressively, but other than that I'd like to know if anything is possible setup wise to avoid this. Changing ARB settings? Other values? Any setup you already have that could help me?

I was really angry with myself after the race and tried to drive the Abarth and the Suzuki but immediately came back to the Mazda. How do you guys manage to drive those cars (and be fast!) with so much understeer? It was unmanageable for me..

Cheers to the podium finishers and thanks Han as usual for hosting, see you this evening in Macau for the Wreckfest race!

I know that I should use the throttle progressively, but other than that I'd like to know if anything is possible setup wise to avoid this. Changing ARB settings? Other values? Any setup you already have that could help me?

I'm happy to share my setup with you... it's as stable as I like it, I hope it works for you as well. Indeed, accelerating progressively is a big perk so keep training that ankle amigo. :thumbsup:

I will be skipping Macau tonight... I went simracing with a group of my students to Racesquare yesterday, we had a fun couple of races but those darn bucket seats they have are too hard for my back so I'm in no condition to sit 3 hours on my rig tonight... also, racing at Macau has not provided happy moments for me in the past. :(
But I wish you all a lot of fun tonight! :D

Last edited:
I'm happy to share my setup with you... it's as stable as I like it, I hope it works for you as well. Indeed, accelerating progressively is a big perk so keep training that ankle amigo. :thumbsup:

I will be skipping Macau tonight... I went simracing with a group of my students to Racesquare yesterday, we had a fun couple of races but those darn bucket seats they have are too hard for my back so I'm in no condition to sit 3 hours on my rig tonight... also, racing at Macau has not provided happy moments for me in the past. :(
But I wish you all a lot of fun tonight! :D
Thanks Raul! It's been great to meet you again on track after my journey to the Agile championship and you hiatus, I always enjoyed racing with / against you.
I hope your back will get well soon, I'm currently using an office chair of which I'm not too happy (in the use as racing seat, that is..). I have to tilt it backwards of course to get a comfortable position, but the seat back always have some remaining tilt so it changes position between braking and accelerating so it's hard to keep the same braking pressure / make up muscle memory. However, I spend much more time on here working and in that regards it's comfortably enough and I got it for "a bite of focaccia" (a local saying to mean something that was really cheap) so it's ok. A colleague of mine is / has been a rally driver and sooner or later I'll get a used bucket seat from him, but we live in different countries and the shipment is quite expensive, we have to find a solution for that...
Maybe the past races vibes will help me get better :roflmao:

Maybe try a stable (as in not rotating/not rolling) chair first?

But the explanation for your troubles is right here:O_o:

With the level of skill/speed these demonic entities nice guys in our group have developed over the last years you need a stable platform to perform reproduceable at the limit.

The art of trail braking and throtteling out on the bleeding limit of adhesion depends on your ability to fine tune and reproduce your inputs to a very fine degree.

In short:

moving chair no bueno :rolleyes:

Maybe try a stable (as in not rotating/not rolling) chair first?

But the explanation for your troubles is right here:O_o:

With the level of skill/speed these demonic entities nice guys in our group have developed over the last years you need a stable platform to perform reproduceable at the limit.

The art of trail braking and throtteling out on the bleeding limit of adhesion depends on your ability to fine tune and reproduce your inputs to a very fine degree.

In short:

moving chair no bueno :rolleyes:
Well the chair is not rolling at least.. as it's anchored to an aluminum frame on which the T-LCM is fixed. Two of the 5 spikes of the support are inserted there so it won't react to me pressing on the pedals.
Regarding rotating + the seat back slightly tilting under pressure, you're right and you got the point..

My studio / gaming room evolution in time: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FCb5aFzxUe7Skrpr8 (the last photos depicting quite well the actual situation with the exception that the chair has been replaced by this: https://diablochairs.com/en/ergonomic-chairs/diablo-v-master on which by the way the rollers still have to be replaced by the "braking" feet).
I know a bucket seat / racing seat would be a great improvement, but the WAF of such a configuration (having the two seats one besides the other) is below zero.

Nice studio :thumbsup:

The WAF below zero for a proper racing setup is a downer:(,
but on the bright side (for me) when it gives me a material advantage with my full aluminium cockpit and high end gear, I´ll take it. :redface:

(is there a technical possibility to at least keep the chair from swivelling?
I´m thinking fixture with easily tightened thumb screw or something.
That would bring you half the way there.)

And on the bright side ( for you this time), at least you´re driving tonight whereas I sit in my BednBreakfast room in a county we bought back from the Russians in ´89 and where even the waitress in an American Diner has a russian accent :cautious:

Have fun and don´t do anything stupid :roflmao:

(at least not more stupid than absolutely necessary :p)

My studio / gaming room evolution in time: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FCb5aFzxUe7Skrpr8 (the last photos depicting quite well the actual situation with the exception that the chair has been replaced by this: https://diablochairs.com/en/ergonomic-chairs/diablo-v-master on which by the way the rollers still have to be replaced by the "braking" feet).

Nice studio man! :cool: Have you considered a CoffeeRacer? Seems to be a good option.
You can check out reviews from Chris Haye and Ricardo (Random Callsign) on YouTube.

Nice studio man! :cool:

Thank you Raul! It's been overhauled about a year ago, and since then we also added this beauty:

IMG_20230213_142012.jpg

A great passion of mine, but I haven't time and skills to play. My younger son though, it's super passionate now, and is studying it regularly.

Have you considered a CoffeeRacer? Seems to be a good option.
You can check out reviews from Chris Haye and Ricardo (Random Callsign) on YouTube.

Prices include gear, right? :confused: Jokes apart, look wise it would be a great addition (as it would be a new case which is on my radar to better match the room furniture, and it's the Fractal North) but it would leave the "seat" topic open..

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%