AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda@ Road One International, Wed 10th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Track of the Month is back!

well... interesting day(s) for me, so not too much time to practice unfortunately. Gave it my best during the few practice laps I could do before I had to leave tonight. Luckily I was able to get back in time and do the last lap of qualy, my jacket still on, hehe...

Pretty good start, tried to be careful in turn one, survived, but exits of the following corners were not that good, so found myself in a three wide sandwich between MX-Jason and Turbo-Kimi, quite fun actually. After picking up some free spots and handing them back in later on, I was chasing a vanishing (again) Paul in his beehive, way quicker in the turns but lacking top speed. But I saw his (and Kimi's) laptime go quicker lap after lap, and I made a few mistakes, so couldn't close the gap anymore. PB'ed in the race, that was okay.

Quite a boring/lonely race for me, couldn't become friends with these turns here. So I just focused on enjoying the feel of my new wheel, love it!

Thanks Han and happy happy joy joy to the podiummers!

Next!

Bokke Bokke

Easy race for me, followed Allan for some laps, he just looked, well, very comfortable. So even if I could have got him with the Abarths superior speed in the first lap or two, all it was going to achieve is a lot of laps up against a faster driver and a lot of grief and a certain mistake. Don't do pressure:O_o:
So I just kept him in sight and if a mistake was made, hopefully in the latter stages of the race, that was my only hope. There is Bob hope and no hope, it certainly looked like no hope.
So all I had to contend with was a fast-driving Jason, but unfortunately the lad ran out of time.
After Tueday it was nice to have a good race with no mistakes, unlike the umpteen of Tuesday.
Needed more people.

Failed start from me, due to an application I was running in the background that apparently asked a response from me but caused AC to freeze. I had to exit and restart AC so I was immediately a lap down. New learning: don't execute other applications when playing AC.

I had similar pace as Paul and Kimi but therefore I couldn't close the gap of 10s so I decided to wait for Omar to have a bit of fun together which we did. Thanks Omar!

I really like this track with it's great flow, fast corners and elevations. The scenery is also quite nice. There aren't many tracks of this medium length. Too bad there were only 10 of us. I missed our Portugese guys and of course Carsten.

Failed start from me, due to an application I was running in the background that apparently asked a response from me but caused AC to freeze. I had to exit and restart AC so I was immediately a lap down. New learning: don't execute other applications when playing AC.

I had similar pace as Paul and Kimi but therefore I couldn't close the gap of 10s so I decided to wait for Omar to have a bit of fun together which we did. Thanks Omar!

I really like this track with it's great flow, fast corners and elevations. The scenery is also quite nice. There aren't many tracks of this medium length. Too bad there were only 10 of us. I missed our Portugese guys and of course Carsten.

Thanks Han for making my race less boring than it would have been, and apologies @Boukâh for punting your trunk in one of the first corners. I confused that 90° turn with the other one.. first I was usually just lifting at about 100m, in the second not lifting and no braking until halfway into the corner.. but when I realized it was the first one of the two it was already too late.
One lesson I did not learn well enough yet is NO CHANGES TO THE SETUP after quali. My quali wasn't good but I managed to do a better lap time in lone practice so I was confident the race would have been better. If only my rear wasn't that slippery.. i changed a couple things here and there, and found me driving a super understeering car. once I managed to get some relatively decent pace from it, it was too late.. Luckily Han wanted to play cat and mouse and while being 1 lap behind we had some good battle at the end of the race, and I also was pushed to find some time here and there and to refine my braking points and racing line. I didn't manage to get under the 3 minutes mark but I was able to improve my PB quite a lot.

I have one question about the AI, I don't know if applies only to this race or not: I tried to make an AI race to get used to race between others (something that then didn't happen :redface: ) and set the strength to 99,5 +/- 0,5 and aggressiveness to 90, and set 10 laps, yet the opponents were much slower compared to me (at least 4-5 seconds a lap) and I had to race alone anyway (only, with an inverted grid compared to the race one :roflmao: ).
Is it something related to the AI on this particular track or are AI opponents generally much slower than human beings / RD members? (sometimes the two categories don't fully match :alien: )
Is there any way I could have solved the problem by tinkering with config files? The settings were made using the sliders in CM

I have one question about the AI, I don't know if applies only to this race or not: I tried to make an AI race to get used to race between others (something that then didn't happen :redface: ) and set the strength to 99,5 +/- 0,5 and aggressiveness to 90, and set 10 laps, yet the opponents were much slower compared to me (at least 4-5 seconds a lap) and I had to race alone anyway (only, with an inverted grid compared to the race one :roflmao: ).
Is it something related to the AI on this particular track or are AI opponents generally much slower than human beings / RD members? (sometimes the two categories don't fully match :alien: )
Is there any way I could have solved the problem by tinkering with config files? The settings were made using the sliders in CM
The AI is exactly as you describe the, slow, stupidly unprecise and prone to crashes.

To get some use out of them start from the back and give them a head start.
That allows them to "unclench" and you can mostly avoid the L1T1Cluster****(TM).

I´d also like to know if it´s possible to make them sway/tumble less as that would reduce theyr "armco kissing" markedly.

Thanks Han for making my race less boring than it would have been, and apologies @Boukâh for punting your trunk in one of the first corners. I confused that 90° turn with the other one.. first I was usually just lifting at about 100m, in the second not lifting and no braking until halfway into the corner.. but when I realized it was the first one of the two it was already too late.
One lesson I did not learn well enough yet is NO CHANGES TO THE SETUP after quali. My quali wasn't good but I managed to do a better lap time in lone practice so I was confident the race would have been better. If only my rear wasn't that slippery.. i changed a couple things here and there, and found me driving a super understeering car. once I managed to get some relatively decent pace from it, it was too late.. Luckily Han wanted to play cat and mouse and while being 1 lap behind we had some good battle at the end of the race, and I also was pushed to find some time here and there and to refine my braking points and racing line. I didn't manage to get under the 3 minutes mark but I was able to improve my PB quite a lot.

Skill of the AI is very depending on the AI lines that the designer of the track has made for it so it differs per track.
Another thing is the type of car for which the AI lines a customized. For instance most of the time the AI is worse with the Abarth compared to the MX5, probably because the car used for the AI lines had RWD.

During my testing of the tracks (with the MX5) I'm most of the time a lot faster than the AI. I'll always start at the back to make it interesting and to see if there are enough overtake opportunities.
But there are some tracks where the AI gives me a hard time.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea