Moza R9 mounting

Can i mount a Moza R9 to this wheel stand out of the box ? or will I have to buy some sort of adapter / clamp ?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 197
That isn't going to cut it for that base even if it can mount to it. I have a 10nm base and I think 9nm is going to be more than you expect, plus the base is going to wight a decent amount more than a Tm or Logitech making it top heavy with a bunch of force. I just picture the stand turning into a propeller with the wheel staying stationary in your hands lol. I built a rig out of ¾ mdf and 2x4s for like $150 and wrapped it in automotive vinyl I got from Amazon. It's sturdy as heck and looks good the vinyl is easier than you think to apply and has held up great for the last year.

My TGT II base weighs 8.4 kg, the wheel weighs about 1kg .The R9 base weighs 7kg plus 2.5kg for the CS wheel so their about the same weight. I don`t know what its going to be like with a lot of force though.

Go to the above link and download the manual for the wheel base.
Looks like 66x78.7mm 4 bolt bottom mount pattern.
As everyone else has said, that stand is not really stiff enough for a 9nm wheel base, there is going to be a considerable amount of flex with a 9nm wheel.

I have the 2.0 with a TGT-2 and zero flex at max (6.4nm). Rock solid even with lockable castor wheels attached. If possible tho I would go the extra and get a full rig such as the GT Omega Prime lite (I find it a pain moving the wheelstand and connecting every evening lol so full rig incoming once squared with the boss).

Your probably right, looks like Iwill have to fork out for a better wheel stand :( any recommendations ?
I have just mounted my R9 on a GT Omega Prime Lite and it’s solid as a rock. No need to upgrade anytime soon £350 though so not cheap.
Edit: added picture of it half finished during the build.

Attachments

• IMG_8591.jpeg
    IMG_8591.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
So R9 arrived, was able to mount it with the two holes in the front plate. Running 100 FFB in the Moza pit house and the ol wheel stand can handle it no problem solid as a rock :)
Nice, i'm thinking about doing the same, glad someone tried it and it works as intended. Going to be a problem lifting up the entire rig and carrying it around, i'll just pretend its a gym workout.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%