MGP20 MotoGP 20 | Release Date April 23rd + New Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The latest addition to the MotoGP franchise of games will be made available this April 23rd - with plenty of new features and physics improvements included...

Confirmed via a media press release earlier today, the latest addition to the MotoGP games franchise is set to launch across PC and console earlier than ever before - right at the very start of the real world MotoGP series.

Containing the bikes and riders of the 2020 MotoGP series and supporting classes, Milestone have worked hard at adding further depth and gameplay dynamics to the new title - with an increased reliance on strategy and team building complementing the on track racing experience.

MotoGP 20 Announcement 1.jpg

From the press release:

Strategy is key

In MotoGP™20 players are now able to take the full control of their careers, taking decisions that can make the difference on track. The Managerial Career is finally back with a lot of new features that will put players’ riding and strategic skills to the test! Joining an official 2020 team or a new team sponsored by real brands of the MotoGP world, players will have a full Entourage to manage, that will support them in selecting a new team, analyzing races’ data or developing the bike. Just like in the real MotoGP™, players will need to take the best decisions to find a winning strategy to master the Championship.

Experience a real MotoGP™ race

The most important thing during a race is going the fastest, and every detail counts when it comes to gaining a few precious milliseconds. In MotoGP™20 players will play a key role in the bike development. They will be able to improve performance of different bike parts, earning and spending development points and allocating their R&D staff to reach the highest level. Aerodynamic, electronic, engine power, fuel consumption, are just an example of the many technical parts that players can now manage to improve their bikes.

The development team worked really hard to make the gameplay much more strategic and realistic, with brand new features boosting realism such as fuel management, asymmetrical tires’ consumption and, last but not least, for the first time in franchise history, aerodynamic damages that will impact bike’s aesthetic and performances. Continuously looking for an extreme realism, the game physics has been completely re-worked to make gameplay more technical and skill based.

Many of the features that made the success of the previous chapter of the franchise, return this year with a lot of improvements coming from the precious feedback that Milestone received from its passionate community:

• A renowned historical mode. One of the communities favorite game modes will be back in a brand-new format, with full races randomly generated that players need to win to unlock and collect the most iconic riders and bikes.
  • Neural AI goes 2.0. What many thought was utopic, became a reality. Last year A.N.N.A. (an acronym for Artificial Neural Network Agent) brought a more fast, natural and fair AI. This year Milestone developers further enhanced its capabilities, to allow her to strategically manage tire and fuel consumption, as real riders do.
  • New Editors. Together with Stickers, Helmets, Racing Numbers and Lower-back patches, in MotoGP™20 players will be able also to customize bikes’ liveries of their Custom Team, to race on track with a unique style.
  • The best online experience. Dedicated Servers for the Multiplayer mode have continued to enable a more reliable and fun online experience. Now we added quality of life improvements that will further enhance online gameplay in all modes: Public Matches, Private Matches and Race Director Mode.

MotoGP 20 will release on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Google Stadia and Nintendo Switch 23th April 2020.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the upcoming MotoGP 20 sub forum, an ideal place to sit back and discuss this exciting new game.

MotoGP 20 Announcement 2.jpg
MotoGP 20 Announcement 3.jpg
MotoGP 20 Announcement 4.jpg

Neural AI goes 2.0. What many thought was utopic, became a reality. Last year A.N.N.A. (an acronym for Artificial Neural Network Agent) brought a more fast, natural and fair AI. This year Milestone developers further enhanced its capabilities, to allow her to strategically manage tire and fuel consumption, as real riders do.

This bit interests the hell out of me. I'm not a biker but if this AI is good, and I mean realistically good then I may just have to buy this to have something other than a chase the rabbit experience.

Team management is back! At last i can move on from MotoGP17! Instabuy! One thing i can't understand though....why do they give us historic series in this silly format? They have the historic bikes,riders and tracks in there, why not make it full historic seasons? Oh well, i guess i'm asking for too much.

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
"Historic" bikes going all the way back to the dawn of time - otherwise known as 1992! I want Milestone to know that GP racing is older than that and Spencer on an NSR and Roberts on a YZR are the kind of old school two strokes that would really be Historic, let alone the 70s bikes.
546217@1985SpencerKyalami.jpg

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%