MGP17 MotoGP 17 Mods WIP Thread

I'm trying to start to mod helmets properly for motogp games (since I managed to do one helmet right in VRTG using photoshop only) and I've learned a lot from you guys from the previous games forum posts but I already have one noob question: What software did you guys use for make helmet mods? Any 3d modeling sofware? If so, where you guys get the helmet files?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

I'm trying to start to mod helmets properly for motogp games (since I managed to do one helmet right in VRTG using photoshop only) and I've learned a lot from you guys from the previous games forum posts but I already have one noob question: What software did you guys use for make helmet mods? Any 3d modeling sofware? If so, where you guys get the helmet files?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.
The only software you'll need is Photoshop (or any image editing software capable of editing DDS files). There's no way of importing 3D models into Milestone games - at least none I am aware of - so no 3D software necessary.

Nice work everyone!

Was working on a multiple helmets mod for career, but I can see someone else is already working on it :geek:
@Sim725 I can continue it if you don't want to make it :)
292683201706192129341.jpg
How is this helmet pack going? I can't wait for it? :D

DB_CustomLiveries.bml -> there is a parameter "CustomizableAreas" for every livery, on the stanley dewalt you will need to change the number from 2 -> 3 ... and you got your extra colour slot ;)
Thanks ReZ once again! Now it works properly, what you, guys, can see in the pictures :)
Two first pictures are Fiat Yamaha fantasy livery, third and fourth are customizable Fiat Yamaha 2007 livery :)

And I have a big, big request for you. If you have made any custom/fantasy/other-than-in-game livery for FourStrokes bikes, I would be grateful for uploading in order to make 2005-2007 mod faster :) of course you would be named as creators as well!

Attachments

• MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-44-12-94.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-44-12-94.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 295
  • MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-45-39-83.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-45-39-83.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 274
  • MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-59-16-39.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-07 00-59-16-39.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 310
  • MotoGP17 2017-07-07 01-00-51-98.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-07 01-00-51-98.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 282
First test to mod Shark helmet went not so great. Proportions are kinda strange. Still trying to catch the drift.

DiTKnEe.png

NI3Bu0V.png

Question: What did you guys do to make the exactly proportions? For example the helmet of Jorge Lorenzo which have that circular snake.

Is there any trick for rookies?

Last edited:
First test to mod Shark helmet went not so great. Proportions are kinda strange. Still trying to catch the drift.

DiTKnEe.png

NI3Bu0V.png

Question: What did you guys do to make the exactly proportions? For example the helmet of Jorge Lorenzo which have that circular snake.

Is there any trick for rookies?
That has nothing to do with MotoGP games, it's about 3d models and their UV maps

UVs are planar projections of 3d models on a plane. You use them to texturize each polygon in the most straightforward way.

The problem occurs when the some parts of the UVs are stretched, for some reason (mainly because the UV map wasn't made in a clever way.

Look at this:
textures-uv-sphereProjection.jpg

The top and the bottom polygons are stretched, and that will result in a stretched texutre in game.

The only thing you can do is to stretch your texture in the opposite way to compensate the distortion :(
Because you can't change the UV map of the model

That has nothing to do with MotoGP games, it's about 3d models and their UV maps

UVs are planar projections of 3d models on a plane. You use them to texturize each polygon in the most straightforward way.

The problem occurs when the some parts of the UVs are stretched, for some reason (mainly because the UV map wasn't made in a clever way.

Look at this:
textures-uv-sphereProjection.jpg

The top and the bottom polygons are stretched, and that will result in a stretched texutre in game.

The only thing you can do is to stretch your texture in the opposite way to compensate the distortion :(
Because you can't change the UV map of the model

What a bummer :cry:
I'm gonna run some extra tests with this shark helmet on the next few days and see what's come out. I'll also try to mod the HJC, both with monster sponsors. Hope I catch the drift fast so I can optimize the creation time because I'm not really good at having ideas to design helmets.

Can anyone help me out im trying to get the custom rider to use the shoei helmet as used by marquez but the visor keeps coming up greg and has no transparency. what am i missing?
20170710202223_1.jpg

Can anyone help me out im trying to get the custom rider to use the shoei helmet as used by marquez but the visor keeps coming up greg and has no transparency. what am i missing?
View attachment 200957

If you want a transparent visor you have to edit the alpha1 channel in Ps and paint more black. If this channel have color gray in game it see opaque but if the channel its black ingame it see transparent, I hope this help you

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.