Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup

Does anyone else see the motion on their side monitors not being as smooth as the middle monitor?

At times mine look like the frame rate isn't quite the same or something on the side monitors.

I've been mucking about for a couple of days to see if there was a way to smooth them out, they just seem to micro stutter even though the middel monitor is nice and smooth.

On AMS2 there all smooth as butter.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue in MS Flight Simulator (MSFS), but I don't use SWRE.

In MSFS I deactivate Nvidia Surround as the visuals look stretched when spanning 3 monitors, but MSFS does support rendering multi-monitors separately without Surround, so it looks great with Surround turned off.

With a RTX 3090, G-Sync is active across all 3 monitors in parallel (i.e the G-Sync logo appears on all 3 screens), however with the RTX 4090, the G-Sync logo is only active on Windows' Primary Monitor.

With the RTX 4090, I can see the G-Sync logo sputtering on and off on 1 side monitor, and both side monitor visuals are stuttering, whereas the center monitor (with G-Sync activated) is buttery smooth.

I think it comes down to either some Nvidia Control Panel settings (eg DLSS 3.0, DLSDR or something else) or something inherent in the RTX 40xx drivers that is preventing Variable Refresh Rate working across all 3 screens in parallel when Surround is deactivated, but I can't work out what it is.

I have a similar issue in MS Flight Simulator (MSFS), but I don't use SWRE.

In MSFS I deactivate Nvidia Surround as the visuals look stretched when spanning 3 monitors, but MSFS does support rendering multi-monitors separately without Surround, so it looks great with Surround turned off.

With a RTX 3090, G-Sync is active across all 3 monitors in parallel (i.e the G-Sync logo appears on all 3 screens), however with the RTX 4090, the G-Sync logo is only active on Windows' Primary Monitor.

With the RTX 4090, I can see the G-Sync logo sputtering on and off on 1 side monitor, and both side monitor visuals are stuttering, whereas the center monitor (with G-Sync activated) is buttery smooth.

I think it comes down to either some Nvidia Control Panel settings (eg DLSS 3.0, DLSDR or something else) or something inherent in the RTX 40xx drivers that is preventing Variable Refresh Rate working across all 3 screens in parallel when Surround is deactivated, but I can't work out what it is.
So if I understand your analysis correctly.. with NVIDIA Surround enabled there should be no stuttering?

So if I understand your analysis correctly.. with NVIDIA Surround enabled there should be no stuttering?
That is my experience. Nvidia Surround makes multiple screens act as a single screen, and thus if G-Sync is activated, then it works across all 3 screens as one.

However triples is hard on PCs, so if the frame rate is say sub 48fps, nothing is going to help stuttering screens.

That is my experience. Nvidia Surround makes multiple screens act as a single screen, and thus if G-Sync is activated, then it works across all 3 screens as one.

However triples is hard on PCs, so if the frame rate is say sub 48fps, nothing is going to help stuttering screens.
My FPS is always way above 100FPS.

In that case try Nvidia Surround and see if that fixes your stuttering.

RTX cards normally require identical "G-Sync" branded monitors for Variable Refresh Rate to work, but give it a try regardless and see if it helps or not.

I'm not using NVIDIA Surround.. but I use the SRWE method. I disabled G-Sync and it seems to have solved the slight stuttering on my side monitors. Yesterday evening I had a race on Zandvoort and everything was smooth.

What Hz are your monitor capable of, though? Probably 144 Hz + gsync or so, but without this information, 100 fps might be stuttering/tearing.
Same for when not using gsync and running 120 fps on 144 Hz.
I'm not using NVIDIA Surround.. but I use the SRWE method. I disabled G-Sync and it seems to have solved the slight stuttering on my side monitors. Yesterday evening I had a race on Zandvoort and everything was smooth.
Your monitors probably switched to vsync then?
If you can, try to find some "fps" setting in your monitor osd menu. Many monitors nowadays show the Hz in one corner (not the fps...).
If your fps and that Hz display don't match, you'll either have stuttering or tearing.
(until you have a 240 Hz or higher monitor. Than you won't see any tearing no matter some syncing is active or not)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back