Motegi, New Physics and More in Latest RaceRoom Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have been busy lately, releasing a new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience that contains many improvements and changes to the simulation.

As with any big update we usually have plenty to talk about, and this latest release from Sector3 Studios is no exception to that rule. As well as adding the WTCC hosting Twin-Ring Motegi circuit to the sim, a technical and challenging Japanese track that will surely be well known to sim racing fans, the Swedish studio have also been hard at it behind the scenes, releasing plenty of improvements and changes with this latest build update to R3E.

Despite the sizeable changelog below, potentially one of the most significant improvements to the simulation comes in the form of a very welcome improvement to the behaviour of H-pattern shifting within the game. Added to many of the older cars already released, the move towards a more realistic shifting action something that will no doubt be welcomed by sim racing fans and those of us who enjoy a more historic side to our sim racing endeavours…

Other highlights include revisions to the physics of several cars within the sim and a realigning of the various different racing categories defining the different types of classes of car.

You can check out the full change log below:

Update details:
Download size = 4.3 GB
Client version = 0.3.0.6411
Client BuildID = 2936158
Dedi version = 44.0.684
Dedi BuildID = 2936171

Game:
  • Added a Volume slider in Sound Options for Brake Squeal volume.
  • Skidmarks left on the track are no longer a fixed width but instead match the size of the tyre that suffered for it.
  • Reduced the floating above ground of the skidmark decals when seen from a low angle camera.
  • Underbody scraping sounds are now played in replay sessions. Also adjusted volume and fade for them.
  • FFB Multiplier in Car Setup menu now allows to go up to 10.0 (was 5.0)
  • Autoclutch assist is now forced ON when H-Pattern option is enabled but no direct gear buttons are mapped.
  • Modifications to Clutch and H-pattern cars logic, making it required to lift throttle in order to upshift.
  • Fixed mini data display in HUD that was using a slightly different logic for rev warnings.
  • Fixed a game crash reported upon exiting certain replay sessions
  • Fixed Input Meter HUD tool that would wrongly appear at the beginning of a race session.
  • Fixed a lack of shift backfires when watching replays and on remote cars in multiplayer
  • Fixed so skidmarks left on tarmac are now properly erased when restarting a session or rewinding a replay.
  • Fixed an issue reported with replays or ghosts failing to save if a folder did not exist.

Sounds
  • 350 new gearshift / backfire / shift backfire samples were added.
  • Various modifications to the backfire patterns and speed.
  • Adjusted the hearing distance for gearshifts, backfires and shift backfires
  • All cars - Brake squeal sounds improved. Better pressure versus volume fading, hearing distance adjusted for external cameras. Pitch adjusted to match recent recordings.
  • BMW M1 Procar - Coast transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • BMW M3 DTM 2013 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • BMW M4 DTM 2014/2015- Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Chevrolet Camaro GT3 - Main volume increased in cockpit. Transmission volume adjusted. Transmission pitch adjusted for both cockpit and external sounds.
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 - Coast and Throttle volume balance adjusted
  • Mercedes AMG C-Coupe DTM 2014 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Mercedes 190 DTM 92 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Mistral M530 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Nissan GTR GT3 - Engine volume increased. Rev blend improvements. Transmission sound in cockpit adjusted.
  • Nissan 300ZX - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Nissan GTR R32 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Opel Omega DTM 92 - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Formula RaceRoom X-17 - New traction control external sounds
  • Formula RaceRoom 2 - New traction control external sounds
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit
  • Ruf CTR3 - New sound recordings to match the GTR 1 specs.
  • Saleen S7R - Rev blending improved for external sounds
  • Volvo 240 Turbo - Transmission volume adjusted in cockpit

Physics
  • Pagani Zonda R - Physics upgraded. Moved to a single-make cup car class.
  • Saleen S7R - Physics upgraded
  • Ruf CTR3 - Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
  • Koenigsegg CCGT - Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
  • Gumpert Apollo - Physics upgraded, BOP for GTR1 car class
  • Ford GT1 - Physics upgraded
  • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Physics upgraded
  • All H-pattern cars - Shifting modifications to match the new clutch code implementation
  • Swapped the performance index of the Audi TT cup and the Formula RaceRoom Junior

Art
  • Ruf RT12R (GTR2 and GTR3) - Updated rev light logic
  • Ruf CTR3 - Upgraded to a new data display
  • Paul Ricard - Track resurfaced for bumps, swapped old 2D audience, added normal map to guardrail.
  • Ford GT1 - Some dimension tweaks
  • Mercedes DTM 2015 - #6 (Wickens) showed a wrong cockpit numberplate.
  • Saleen S7R - Fixed headlights and brake lights that were not working after a recent update
RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

r3e update 2.jpg
r3e update 4.jpg
r3e update 1.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new update? Have the physics changes improved the cars in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

What do you think of the new update? Have the physics changes improved the cars in your opinion?
Fantastic update...the new Nissan GT1 is a beast and also like the updated handling of the other older GTRX group of cars that are now part of the GTR1 package...those older cars feel great now, not so floaty...but still need minor tweaks in the 'Steering Settings' setup for my TS XW to feel great. (personal preference)
The 'Twin Ring' track is great and another fantastic addition to the roster of tracks in RaceRoom.
...very happy indeed.

Last edited:
they add more DLC than new features like
-AI selector
-AI aggresson slider
-FFB options backup for each car
-Class car settings strengh saved (AI is very inconstant depend of track/class)
-Offline multiclass races
-HUD rear mirror scale (it's so small at 4K that we need glass to see it)
-real HUD choice placement for pop-up messages and others
-AI penalties for going off track
-More damages
-Old classes with floaty physics

and i can go on all the night, they release so much DCL but no more new features since many years.
i hope Assetto Corza competizione will give a big hit in this game, cause we all know that GTR3 is Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Last edited:
My Saleen and Koenigsegg haven't seen the light of day for a long time. Feel better now and larger combined field is a good thing. GT1 at Anderstorp...feel the power! F-Junior update is great too...one of my favorites. Nice update!

Will have to go check out the new features. I love a lot about this sim...but honestly have not played it in months since I mostly only have time lately for single player offline racing and last time I played, it was literally like I had a target painted on my car that every AI was trying to hit.

Out of curiosity, what do you want in the steering settings page that doesnt exist in the general FFB settings menu?
The individual car setting page in 'Practice' I can fine tune the steering settings and FFB for each car as sometimes I find the FFB to strong or not strong enough...same with the 'Steering Setting Rotation' I can reduce this if the car is too sensitive at turn in / wheel centre as once this is set up per car if needed, it applies it to the car globally...this is my personal way I like to do it...correct me if I am wrong or there is a better way.:)

I've just completed my first raceroom race in years. Solid and enjoyable. Still not on par with AMS or rF2 I think. Not even close. But still a very good experience overall! I do feel like revisiting it more often. Oh and since it now has proper triple screen support (thanks Sector3, that only took a decade) I might even buy an extra piece of content or two. How's that for a plot twist?! :O_o:

Raceroom was first released in 2013.
You don't say?! :whistling: Simbin on the other hand has been around for a tad longer than that dealing with the exact same engine and up until very recently failing to provide what ALL the non-SimBin gmotor2 titles had already done for quite some time.

But hey better late than never; hence my sincere praise on the overall state of the game... :thumbsup:

Maybe we'll even get to change tire pressures by the next decade or so. :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back