Motec or other program?

• Stefan Gunnersen

SimAdapter/SimView has a disadvantage for me: It does not (I think?) hold any information as regards tire wear? RealTelemetry does this trick. Well, there might be more good and bad things for each of the tools, I do not know.

Another:
http://www.sim-tools.de/ ;)

I tend to find MoTec overwhelming for my needs. I just need to know fuel, tyres etc

Not tested just lately but Simtools does not work with Race 07 at the moment - needs patching and has done for over 6 months but nothing released from its author :(

Agreed on the Motec thing ... I have it installed but rarely refer to it, as I get the 99.5% of the information I need or can be bothered with from RTT ... Motec has too much info for my tiny brain :wink2:

Thanks everyone for all the information.
I now use the real time telemetry, because it gives me all the information I was looking for, like tire temperatures, fuel and tire wear.

Great choice IMO ... and future versions (if not already in the current one) will include history of laptimes and splits during race/practice/etc too :good:

I have a new question:
Everytime I use real time telemetry, it keeps going back to desktop while racing. What can I do to avoid this?

If you click on anything on the second monitor, including RTT, GTR/Race minimises - no way around that as far as I know - annoying but once you know about it, nothing too serious IMO.

There is also an issue that RTT occasionally loses connection to some of the data after a pit stop, Dingo knows of this but I guess has been busy with kids and Christmas and work lately ... maybe post any other issues you come across in his thread rather than here and he can take a look at them there.

(BTW ... if you simply restart RTT it usually connects to the data and displays all info correctly again)

Ermmm one more thing ... don't get too much quicker by using this please Patrick :laugh2:

Unfortunately not Matteo, Since most people have access to a second monitor these days, the developers in particular, no one has seen the benefit of investing time into making that a reality up to now. Unofrtunately nessecity is the mother of invention and its just not nessicary for them.

• Stefan Gunnersen

Can I get a bit more info on the Takatec display. The website is pretty much in Japanese :) I saw the youtube video, but what do you need to use the display - only software and a monitor or a specialized display?

Can I get a bit more info on the Takatec display. The website is pretty much in Japanese :) I saw the youtube video, but what do you need to use the display - only software and a monitor or a specialized display?

nope its just a simple program like simview and you can show on top of the racegame (blocking the view) or get another screen and your ready to go. it is measured to a 7 inch display for perfect fit

i can get a link to RSC if you want, but more or less it does what the youtube vid shows..

More info here http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=333876

Does anyone know if it is possible to use motecadd or race07 PD using a second pc (not a second monitor)?? How? I tried to configure race 07 PD and got nothing in my second pc...

Thanks, guys.

Hello,

Today it is possible with another version of GTRE-MotecAdd :laugh2:

http://www.forum.veloceprod.fr/index.php?showtopic=74

Regards,

Patrick Teil aka Alekhine.

MotecAdd_Client-Server_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.