More grip for F1 Legends racing?

The title says it all. Is it possible to get more grip for F1LR cars simply by editing tyr files? Right now I feel like I'm driving on ice.
Yes, I know, it's a "skill issue", but my skills won't miraculously improve in the foreseeable future and on the other hand I really like this mod, the car models are great, and I really want to be able to drive them. So if someone knows what value(s) I have to edit in the tyr files, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi, really you need to create new slip curve, but I have no idea how to do that. Way down the bottom of the tyre file look for dry_lat_long. I think first value is longitudinal second is lateral. Adjusting this adds to the grip across the slip curve. Use small amounts and possibly adjust aigrip to balance them back. I normally add 0.1 at a time when trying to adjust tires. Adjusting ingame tire pressures and brake balance should be your first stop, often modders like too much rear brake because they are expert drivers. Adjusting it to 60% front is better for noobs like us.

Hi, really you need to create new slip curve, but I have no idea how to do that. Way down the bottom of the tyre file look for dry_lat_long. I think first value is longitudinal second is lateral. Adjusting this adds to the grip across the slip curve. Use small amounts and possibly adjust aigrip to balance them back. I normally add 0.1 at a time when trying to adjust tires. Adjusting ingame tire pressures and brake balance should be your first stop, often modders like too much rear brake because they are expert drivers. Adjusting it to 60% front is better for noobs like us.
Thank you very much for the answer, I'll follow your advice.

Another option is to use tires from a different mod. Copy that tyr file to the F1LR folder, change its name (just add an x to the beginning or end of the name), edit the radius lines in that file to match those in the F1LR file (make sure to get them for all compounds), then edit the hdc file to point to the new tyr file. The default Michelin_GT is a good all purpose tire.

Another option is to use tires from a different mod. Copy that tyr file to the F1LR folder, change its name (just add an x to the beginning or end of the name), edit the radius lines in that file to match those in the F1LR file (make sure to get them for all compounds), then edit the hdc file to point to the new tyr file. The default Michelin_GT is a good all purpose tire.
Thank you very much, I'll try that too

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 193 88.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 29 13.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 13.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 61 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 74 33.8%