More AI Questions

Hi all,

I'm not a great sim racer so enjoy just putting fields together and running fantasy AI championships. My big issue is around pit stops and tyre wear and damage. Recently I have found a guy on Youtube running AI championships - https://www.youtube.com/c/EverlastingApex.

I reached out to him re what AI settings he used and his response was that he had so heavily modded the games AI it was nothing like Assetto Corsa original game. When I asked for more info so I could explore myself I was met with a polite "no".

Thing is I cant find anything further than adjusting aggression, skill, ballast and restrictor in content manager as ways of adjusting AI behavior. Is there something I'm missing here?

The goal is -

1 - Have cars pit during races but not pit every second lap for fuel while others just run the whole race without stopping.
2 - Above will lead to them changing tyres meaning that fresh rubber cars coming through the field.
3 - If a car runs off the track I'm ok with the car rejoining the field from the pits. My problem is when a car goes to the pits as it is off the track and damaged that it returns with the damage, just limping around until it warps back to the pits and repeats. Id just like to have the damaged cars retire.

Right now I'm running races with no damage, fuel or tyres simply to avoid these issues so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Fellow single player sim racer here. :)

Not sure what that Youtuber did to his game if the AI is pitting for tires (don’t have time to watch the full vids at the moment), but from what I’ve read by everyone here that has technical knowledge of AC, changing the AI in that way hasn’t really proven itself feasible. Maybe he figured out a way to have cars pit when tread/grip levels reach a certain percentage? I would think that wouldn’t be too difficult of a change but again, I defer to those who know what they’re talking about on this one.

Re: Damage, In Custom Shaders Patch “New AI behavior” you can set AI to re-join the race after pitting, if you haven’t already enabled that.

Fellow single player sim racer here. :)

Not sure what that Youtuber did to his game if the AI is pitting for tires (don’t have time to watch the full vids at the moment), but from what I’ve read by everyone here that has technical knowledge of AC, changing the AI in that way hasn’t really proven itself feasible. Maybe he figured out a way to have cars pit when tread/grip levels reach a certain percentage? I would think that wouldn’t be too difficult of a change but again, I defer to those who know what they’re talking about on this one.

Re: Damage, In Custom Shaders Patch “New AI behavior” you can set AI to re-join the race after pitting, if you haven’t already enabled that.
Thanks for the reply. With the CSP have the setting on but the issue is cars rejoining with damage. For example they have damaged suspension and they just roll back out on the track and drag around the track until they run off the track and then pit again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.