Monza GP: AMS vs AC

I did a little "not realy comparison" video of Monza in AMS and AC ..
Obviously lightening on car model is better in AC, AMS leaves AC behind in sound department and tracks quality is about the same .. Patrick did a great job in my opinion ...
Pls ignore the driving .. did three laps in both sims trying to mach the laptimes .. didn`t really work :) Monza onboard and Spa in modern openwheelers already recorded ...

Monza GP
Nurburgring GP
Barcelona GP

Last edited:
Track quality is about the same? I'm afraid not. Also what would you define as quality?

Where AMS beats AC is in its functionality, general plethora of race options, and original content (karts, v8s, trucks etc.). Sound IMO, in general I would again give it to AMS buy not by much. AC had great potential as proven by some modders and stock content as well.

What Reiza's done with SCE is pretty amazing, makes me wonder at what SCE 2017 will be like. I especially like the improved ffb in AMS, IMO about a 30% improvement over SCE, which felt quite dead in comparison.

Can't wait for a proper GT, aka boxer, to come.

Oh I`m not really trying to compare these sim (that would be whole different video) .. just "70 F1 on Monza :) .. I`m pretty clear on what I like better :)

In regards of track .. well obviously AC is scanned - more accurate which could by default make it better .. so I`m not considering that fact to give AMS Monza chance ..

Last edited:
AC sound samples are clearer than AMS. AMS has good sounds, but is more what we are used to hear from watching tube videos when the microphone distorts when it cannot handle the frequencys and the decibels. AC sounds are continuing to improve and the direction is very good. Only wish I personally have is a slight touch of EQ to give them more bass like in AMS and R3E.... but if wishes were horses... we all can do that from our own pc's/sound systems.

AC tracks are without a match on the sim market atm.
AMS has really nice stock tracks, and that Monza being a mod does not really show Reizas teeth.
These videos might have a good place in the mod thread to show how well they are actually made graphically. Might shut some gmotor bashing mouths for a change (one can hope).

As Cristian mentioned, the complete feel that AMS brings out of the "box", is it's biggest asset against every other racing sim, and it feels like you are driving a car. Different, but just as satisfying as AC. The plethora of features it possesses is something that I wish AC will have one day to offer.

You cannot presume to put a video and title "AMS vs. AC" without people reading the "Versus" in the middle. Unless you would be meaning the original Latin meaning of the word!? Then it might actually be relevant to your purpose.

would "Comparison of AC and AMS version of "70 F1 on Monza" be better ? probably, can`t change it now .. next time :)

Funny, few days ago we had discussion in other thread (I thing Brams) about AMS sounds not being like sounds in YT videos, lacking that distortion caused by cheapo microphones :) well different sounsystems, different ears, different taste,

AC sounds are too much syntetized to my ears (wheter it is on Creative 5.1, Marshalls, Sennheisers) ... doesn`t sound real, breaking immersion a bit ...

Agree ... saying that AMS looks better that AC would be crazy :) ... well I`m doing NurburgringGP comparison with F.Reiza and Lotus Exos and since NurburgringGP in AC has a little bit lower quality it is a closer fight that on Monza video :) Modern AC graphic engine gives a good fight but I`m not sure who would be winner if I had to choose (good thing I`m doing it for fun and to practice Adobe Premiere) :)

And yep, visualy R3E has better looking tracks .. IMHO :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea