Monza 2018 vs 2019 Grip Levels

Hi all,

First post here, I'll be joining soon and hopefully, get the chance to race against you all and learn a thing or two!

Does anyone know why the grip levels between 2018 and 2019 Monza are vastly different? I struggle with understeer on the 2019 version, 2018 has a lot more grip.

I had been hot lapping on the 2019 version with the 720 GT3, struggling with understeer and lapping in the 1:50 range, I went to an online session and went over 1.5 seconds quicker easily and felt I could find a lot more time, considering Hot Lap has prime conditions I was surprised, car set up was identical.

Thanks,

Does anyone know why the grip levels between 2018 and 2019 Monza are vastly different?
When Kunos released the 2019 update, they also updated the track grip levels with what has been the real life counter part in that year. Grip levels can have a multitude of reasons of being different. Older tarmac, high track usage or long period of unused track before blancpain event for example. Don't ask me those specifics.

Most of the tracks got a bit slower, for an overview check the v1.1 release notes.

When Kunos released the 2019 update, they also updated the track grip levels with what has been the real life counter part in that year. Grip levels can have a multitude of reasons of being different. Older tarmac, high track usage or long period of unused track before blancpain event for example. Don't ask me those specifics.

Most of the tracks got a bit slower, for an overview check the v1.1 release notes.
Perfect answer, thanks Ricoow!

I was just curious, I had seen some 1.47 lap times on YouTube and spent a long time trying to get close but wasn't able to, but I can see how it's possible on the "2018 track" which has a lot more grip, but yes as you say, does it really matter.

Yep low 1:47s are still possible, I see them quite regularly on the ACC Belgium server. It does tend to be a Merc driver though. I think I’m slower by about 0.5secs in Lambo as I now hit high 1:48s on a good day rather than low, although I haven’t tried the 2018 track since 2019 was released. To me tyre temps are much more important and I’ve started taking a click out of the brake ducts if I need a bit more temp, previously I tended to just adjust tyre pressure.

In general I think it’s been a good change, cars feel a bit more on edge like I feel they would in real life, especially at tracks like Brands.

Yep low 1:47s are still possible, I see them quite regularly on the ACC Belgium server. It does tend to be a Merc driver though. I think I’m slower by about 0.5secs in Lambo as I now hit high 1:48s on a good day rather than low, although I haven’t tried the 2018 track since 2019 was released. To me tyre temps are much more important and I’ve started taking a click out of the brake ducts if I need a bit more temp, previously I tended to just adjust tyre pressure.

In general I think it’s been a good change, cars feel a bit more on edge like I feel they would in real life, especially at tracks like Brands.
Thanks Scoobysi!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back