Monitor Advice for 3080 setup running i9 liquid cooled 32gb ram

trying to avoid making a mistake on my new build. I am using a Trak Racer rig with the quad monitor stand. My initial plan is to run 3 x 32” curved 4K monitors and 1 smaller monitor on the upper for the rear view. Im a little out of date on gpu capability. What would be the best possible setup I could use on this? I’m also curious about one of the larger curved monitors ala 49” Samsung QLED, although I’m not even sure if that is 4K. Help!

4k (or better UHD) pixel count:
3840 * 2160 = 8.294.400
8.294.400 * 3 = 24.883.200 pixels per single frame

I am currently in the market for 3 ultrawide 21:9 monitors:
3440 * 1440 = 4.953.600
4.953.600 * 3 = 14.860.800 pixels per single frame

My choise is already maxed out for any graphics card out there. Your choise is (sorry to say this) unrealistic for the coming years (edit: depending on which sim!). I currently own a 2080ti by MSI and if I were to replace it with a 3090 I would still suffer for a constant 60 FPS in certain sims e.g. ACC. Now, I tend to buy monitors future proof, so I'm already keeping the 4090 in mind and perhaps you are as well.

About the 4th monitor, I don't know if you can run that on different screen resolution while ingame. Windows can work around it, but you'll have to take a good look if that's possible per sim. Personally, I would pump all FPS into the 3 main monitors and use a 2nd pc (or NUC) for other stuff. Never heard of a dedicated rear view mirror screen, do you have some info on the possibilities? Would love to know, just for knowing :)

Last edited:
I’m brand new to this, and really not wanting to overpay for future possibilities. I have a call center that would love some nice screens if I need to upgrade. So basically you are saying to run 3 HD instead of the 4K? Ive seen a quad setup with a small screen on top that was the rear view. I know he was primarily running iracing which is likely what I will run. I also have the thought to just go with the 49” ultra wide samsung that seems to be all the talk. I’m not really too concerned with cost, I just want to take advantage of the GPU I just paid big money for. So I guess I’m asking for recommendations within that boundary. Could I run that ultra wide with 2 smaller ones on the side? I think 3 x 32” ultra wide curved would be really cool, is that possible?

Triple 1440p would be a better option I think, but it's all up to you of course. If you're happy with max 40-60 fps go for 4k monitors. Maybe it's an option to look for reviews on what your 3080 can give. These are probably reviews for single monitors so calculate times 3.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back