F1 2013 Monaco AI problem

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all, I was racing in carrer mode at Monaco and I've noticed that the AI doesn't stop crashing straight into the barrier between turn 14 and 15 at the swimming pool. Do anybody else have this same problem? Do you guys have any ideas how to get it fixed? Well, I've tried to install the True to life ai mod but the problem still occurs.

I noticed that when I sit and wait outside the track, ai do not crash; so ai are pressurised too much by player ? When I start moving, some ai start to retire. May be modders can work in this direction and solve the bug.

Best part is they just run along the raceline like a train without any action. No wonder no casualty when player is not active. Lazy CM programmers. :p

Last edited:
This sounds like a problem I have. At China, Hungary and Brands Hatch I've noticed the AI goes straight on at certain corners, runs off track and I can breeze past them. This happens in almost every lap.

I wasn't really bothered about it when it was just happening in single races but it defeats the point of scenarios and is now happening at China in my career mode. Barring a disaster I will win it in a Caterham from 19th on the grid unless anyone knows of any possible fixes!

My mod fixes how the AI drive across all tracks, except for the classic tracks (I haven't gotten there yet). I've personally not had any issues at Canada, Hungary, or China.
However, the issue at Turn 15 in Monaco is still present. I seem to have reduced this issue with True to Life AI, but it's still there.

I've written to CM about it here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/223670/discussions/0/864980734600872139/#c666826251076904244

and here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/223670/discussions/0/666826250683344179/

As well as on CM's forums, but they're down right now:
community.codemasters.com/t5/F1-2013-Technical-Assistance/PC-Monaco-bugs-and-bad-braking-points/td-p/394494

There's something going on through turn 14 and 15 that's causing the AI to either make an avoidance maneuver, or go for an overtake...both of which cause the AI to go straight through turn 15 and slam into the armco barrier at the exit of turn 16.

Unsurprisingly, I haven't heard anything from CM on this issue...
But for what it's worth, and not to toot my own horn, my mod should make a notable improvement to your F1 2013 experience :thumbsup:

I have found a workaround for "suicide" circuits like Monaco.
If you have F1 2012, eg for Monaco, just copy from F1 2012 the following files: ai_track.xml and ai_vehicle_track.xml from tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0. and also RacingLine.xml from tracks/circuits/monaco; then replace the corresponding files in the following F1 2013 folders: tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_1988, tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_1992 and tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_2013.
There are less instances of ai running wild and clashing at the turns after that. Guess you can do the same with other problematic circuits using similar procedures but remember to backup your files first.

I have found a workaround for "suicide" circuits like Monaco.
If you have F1 2012, eg for Monaco, just copy from F1 2012 the following files: ai_track.xml and ai_vehicle_track.xml from tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0. and also RacingLine.xml from tracks/circuits/monaco; then replace the corresponding files in the following F1 2013 folders: tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_1988, tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_1992 and tracks/circuits/monaco/route_0/era_2013.
There are less instances of ai running wild and clashing at the turns after that. Guess you can do the same with other problematic circuits using similar procedures but remember to backup your files first.
Thank you, it worked for me. No more stupid crash and only corner cutting by ai at some turns in Monaco.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.