mods

Hi Keith,

Installmods.png

The plus and minus buttons are for adding or removing a path. You could add your downloads folder and rF2 will look for them there or any other location. Once you add the path, add your files to that folder, refresh the list in the launcher and they should appear for installation.

Hi Mat ,thanks for your input,I"m fine with the packet area in rF2 what I can"t do is move the down loaded program from my downloads into the packet area.I have tried to take from one windows box and drop it into the packet box to no avail .I"m not sure what is going on in your picture that you sent ,explain please

I do it a slightly more old fashioned way.
Put the downloaded file into the "packages" folder. That's my documents/Rfactor2/Packages
(ensure its an rfcmp file, if its a zip file you must unzip it).
Then in the mod manager window shown by Matt, it will show a tick for package folder but installed will be unticked.
Click on the item.
The install option at the bottom will be available, click it. It will verify and install.
You are ready to go.

Hi Mat ,thanks for your input,I"m fine with the packet area in rF2 what I can"t do is move the down loaded program from my downloads into the packet area.I have tried to take from one windows box and drop it into the packet box to no avail .I"m not sure what is going on in your picture that you sent ,explain please

Sure, no worries.

Installmods2.png

Say you have downloaded Birmingham and it's not in a zip, just sitting in downloads as Birmingham.rfcmp

We can move the file to another location, off a SSD for example or leave it there.
If we leave it there, where firefox/chrome puts all the files you download, we can simply hit the + button (pic 1) on the side of the list of repositories and select the downloads folder.

open.png

Now that folder will permanently be included in that list of repositories and content in it will be catalogued. Hit the refresh button and the mod should appear in the list.

Hope that helps!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea