Modding Help

I'm sorry if this has already been asked/answered before (if so, would you mind pointing me in the right direction?), but I've been asking myself how to take cars from different mods I've installed on my rFactor and combine them in one mod (if it's of any help, I'd like to make a racing series with the cars I like the most for racing at Nürburgring-Nordschleife with some buddies).

As I respect the copyright of the original creators, this mod will not be published; I just want to have all the cars (and only those) I like in one mod to avoid issues with SHOWROOM.MAS that I've been having when selecting "All Cars and Tracks".

Thanks in advance for your help!

Commonly using the corresponding files to copy into the mod into the other.
I used this to make use of the Original GSMF PCC as ALMS GTC for Enduracers.

You basically have to make sure to copy anything from the gen responding files into the folders of your mod of choice and change the

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>YourMod\GT3\

MASFile=\YourMod\GT3\PCC_997.mas

The Cars would require Changes to the Classes or rfm depending if you want a new class or just add it to an existing.

Commonly using the corresponding files to copy into the mod into the other.
I used this to make use of the Original GSMF PCC as ALMS GTC for Enduracers.

You basically have to make sure to copy anything from the gen responding files into the folders of your mod of choice and change the

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>YourMod\GT3\

MASFile=\YourMod\GT3\PCC_997.mas

The Cars would require Changes to the Classes or rfm depending if you want a new class or just add it to an existing.
I'll be more precise since I don't have ANY experience with modding rFactor.

I'd like to take three mods (Formula 1 1976, Formula 2 1978 and HSO Formula Atlantic 1976) and make sort of a Classic F1 Cars mod of my own.

Would you mind explaining the steps I need to take to avoid .MAS errors?

Guess it is the same for it you just have to make sure that you have anything in it's place and make the classes working together all you have to do is typing within the files with Notepad or Wordpad.
It could be that each mod uses its own .MAS File and has the same name just rename the mas file and the path to it in the gen files.
Would start with F1 76 if it's the Historic Edition and add the cars and mas files from the other two and then change or make another rfm using all the classlines just for that particular mod.
Just have to experiment with the gen and veh paths and classes once you copied over anything to one folder and making sure if there's a spinner.gen that this is considered aswell.
I used to have F1 76 from VC and guessing that F2 is from st_dave and HSO is just using a different physic from st_dave if at all.
I might be able to get something along this done for F1 76 and another 70's F1 mod if time permits if you don't get it done by that time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.