Modding help

So i have an idea for a mod but not sure how i'd go about it. Basically I want to make a volvo 850 championship, so basically 8 teams each with 2 drivers all using the same volvo 850 car. Is it Just a case of making a new TEAMS folder and then copying the volvo into different folders for each team or is it a bit more involved than that? Also I'd like to add some of my own drivers and not sure how to go about it. I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff

It is usually a good idea to copy as few files as possible.

You can just add a new team folder in ...race 07\Gamedata\Teams\Volvo_Heritage\Volvo_850\ and copy a .car file from an existing car and paste it there.
Here's an example how you can do it:

Include=..\Volvo_850.inccar //this will include all the physics, so leave it as it is

GenString=3 // a number to send into the graphics file to select parts, but not used in this car as far as I can see

Number=00001 //an unique number for this car/driver, also used for unique skins/textures. Change to something else with 5 digits
Team="TWR Racing" // change to a new team name if you want
PitGroup="PITGROUP_UPDATE_ME" // Cars with the same name here will usually be placed near each others and use the same pitstop location if the track supports it.
Driver1="Rickard Rydell" // Give your driver a name. The game will look for a talent file containing the same name. If there is none, standard talent values will be used, and a "world" flag icon will be displayed next to the driver in the menu.

FactoryWeight=0.1 // I think this one is about how important the driver is for the team, but not sure. How likely he is to be chosen to drive if the number of cars on track is less than available cars in the class. Or possibly a menu sorting order thing. I usually not use it.

To make a new class for your car(s) you should also add:

classes="FULL,850_Racing" // First should be "FULL", second should be an unique class name
Model="Volvo 850" // You can add an unique model description if you want, but it is not necessary
ModelID=200 //The car should ideally have it's own id number between 1 - 255, but this is tricky, because it will probably conflict with some other car. You can usually leave it as 200, but it will confuse the car filter if you use it. Sometimes conflicting ID's can also lead to a game crash, but usually it is caused by different ClassId's used in the same car class name.
ClassID=218 //This also needs to be an unique number 1 - 255, and might need some trial and error.

Usually these last settings are only in the inccar file, but by adding them after the inccar file is included will overwrite the settings in that file. It is much easier to do it this way than copy al the car files and make a new car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.