Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

Patting myself on the back!
Love it! Almost looks like the guy who designed this had a clue :)

MyParts_8384.jpg
transducers_8386.jpg
IsolatorsBrackets_8388.jpg
Brackets_8390.jpg
PlateOn_8392.jpg

Did my best to get the seat sliders parallel.
MeasureParallel_8394.jpg

Attached the 40x40 profile
AttachProfile_8397.jpg

Insert 6 M8 T-Nuts
Insert6tnuts_8398.jpg

Mount the Transducers
AddTransducers_8399.jpg

Center the profile on the plate fore/aft and side to side.
BoltPlatetoProfile_8402.jpg

Now I just need to connect the speaker cable, drop it in place and tighten the Isolation to spec.
ReadytoMount_8403.jpg

Very interesting project!

Why did you buy it from Belgium and pay expensive shipping cost (because it is heavy I think) and did not make it here in US?

• Deleted member 1066209

Approximately how much money has been invested into your rig, in its current form?

Day 1 with new tactile plate and no motion for the first time in 3.5 years.

Quick synopsis:

Tactile Feel: ( better )
  • The TST-429 feels about the same.
  • The BK-CT needed a little more power, but is better dampened on the sprung plate. So it's "tighter" ( more later )
  • Overall it is an improvement over what I had before AND a number of the engine rpm effects Rodney worked on feel much better now.
Losing my seat mover after 3.5 year.
  • I love having my seat solidly mounted. For some reason it inspires confidence.
  • On the track I absolutely don't miss having motion.
A couple notes:
  • The expensive dual lock Sparco track slider does not rattle in the least and I like having that feature.
  • I had to remember to reverse the polarity of one of my seat transducers since the BK is now inverted.

A bit more detail.

About motion: I'm no longer getting kicked when I hit an angled rumble strip or swaying in the turns, but honestly I feel more in control on the track without motion. I will qualify that as "without seat mover" motion.

I'm still hoping that the D-Box adds something and with my seat more solidly fixed to the chassis, I'm hoping that sensation makes the overall feeling better. I'll find out next week. My current testing hasn't dampened my enthusiasm.

I've said this before and I'll repeat myself. For track use, tactile absolutely makes you feel like you are in a living breathing car and the immersion it gives you is excellent.

About the BK-CT. My previous implementation had it cantilevered off the back of the seat and the NLRv3 had a universal joint with a little play in it. That lever arm gave the BK-CT a certain range of frequencies that worked more efficiently and less so for others. So what I'm getting now requires a bit more power, but is giving me a better range and is making some of Rodney's effects feel better.

Now to see how Rally feels....

I fully expect to miss motion in a serious way in Rally. Especially in Dirt Rally 2.0 where I've never gotten the tactile effect for landing to work. I know from history that driving without motion in Rally just felt off to me.

Just put Dirt Rally 2.0 through it's paces.

Seriously miss motion in Rally. The experience was dead compared to what I'm used to.

However, in terms of control, I was improving on all my best times. So once again the immersion of motion is for immersion not lap times.

I'm not even going to bother with flight and I'm done with Rally until my D-Box gets here.

BTW this isn't a commentary on anyone's rig. It's more a fact that it's easy to get used to nice things. Once you are used to feeling certain things, you seriously miss them when they are gone.

Last edited:
Approximately how much money has been invested into your rig, in its current form?
I hope you were not offended by my deflection of your question.

You can start at the beginning of this thread and keep a running total line item by line item, post by post. Nothing is hidden. I'd just prefer not to talk about it. Talking money tends to trigger people. This rig started with Fanatec gear, a wheel stand pro and a junk car seat 5 years ago this November and a lot has happened since then.

0ver time my rig evolved and became a passion project for me.

All I will say about money is that I've never purchased anything on credit. I've never taken money away from something more important. Most importantly I've always made sure that my wife's needs and wants always come first.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1066209

I hope you were not offended by my deflection of your question.
No, although I admit I was a bit disappointed - until I read this eloquent response.

I agree with you that talking about money does trigger some people. I apologize for not considering that before submitting my question.

Even without the D-Box, I think your rig is an incredible platform to simrace on. I'd go even as far to say that it's complete, but only because I have minimal interest in motion (for now, at least).

Can you explain the reverse polarity for the BK in more detail? Both my BKC units are upside down, this won't affect them being wired in the "correct" way, will it? What about TST units? I think mine are all the same way, too.

Can you explain the reverse polarity for the BK in more detail? Both my BKC units are upside down, this won't affect them being wired in the "correct" way, will it? What about TST units? I think mine are all the same way, too.

There is no right or wrong way to wire them as long as they end up in phase with each other.

My understanding is that the TST's normal orientation is hanging down. The BK's normal orientation is upright. They are on the same plate now and I don't want them to cancel each other out. Since my TST is hanging in default orientation and my BK is now also hanging not default orientation, one pair of wires needs to be reversed for these transducers to be in phase.

Normally the BK is the easier one to change because of the hand tighten speaker wire terminals. Since I faced my BK-CT's terminal to the front of the plate and the TST's built in wire is currently just twist connected with electricians tape in an easy to reach place, that is where I rotated red and black.

PS, I could definitely see rotating that BK to make reaching the terminals easier, but my thought was that the speaker wire path facing front was better.

I should flip the polarity back just to see how much of a difference it makes. If they are running opposite each other different things could happen.

1. Signals cancel out lowering overall feel of effects.
2. The front of the plate and rear of the plate could wobble, ie. front goes up while back goes down.
3. The signals are at different enough frequencies between the TST and BK that there is no discernable difference.

So it could be much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
No, although I admit I was a bit disappointed - until I read this eloquent response.

I agree with you that talking about money does trigger some people. I apologize for not considering that before submitting my question.

Even without the D-Box, I think your rig is an incredible platform to simrace on. I'd go even as far to say that it's complete, but only because I have minimal interest in motion (for now, at least).
Glad I redeemed myself.

Believe it or not, every time I think I have things pretty well figured out I find out something wasn't right.

My seat is now lower than it was and I like how it feels better. I had the steering wheel as high as I could get it and now I have more leg clearance and the wheel as at a better height relative to the seat. Having a seat slider also helps me play with position better.

I still need to recheck my geometry with the changes I just made. I also have the option to lower my seat further once I have the D-Box mounted.

So there is still more to tweak in the near future.

Last edited:
I should flip the polarity back just to see how much of a difference it makes. If they are running opposite each other different things could happen.

If you do end up doing this, please report back. I'm not going to touch mine until I hear that it's something that needs to be done. I have very good feel in all the units at the moment. I don't have the DSP option in the amps to invert the phase either so I'll have to do it physically if it's something that's required.

BKC and TST units are all mounted the same within their own family, but the BKC relative to the TST would be considered as you have yours, both down.

I'll try things out when I feel up to it. I need to get some energy back. I don't feel like doing anything right now. My Covid symptoms are basically over. I'm not uncomfortable, I just feel listless. Typing is easy.

Clean up, more D-Box prep and flight stuff....

Zip tied the G-Belt Usb and power cable to the transducer plate. The slots and outer holes for additional BK's worked great for this.
ziptied_8411.jpg

Did the same on the other side for the seat back exciter speaker cables.
ziptiemovedcup_8412.jpg

Moved the vertical cup holder profile to the back of the rig and centered the G-Belt Controller. Also added end caps to the 40x40 profile under the seat sliders.
centered_8410.jpg

Created a new center stick quick release that mounts to the cross frame and bolted my new Virpil collective stick to the top of the side frame. The height is perfect as is. What are the odds of that?
NewCollective_8408.jpg

NewCollective_8409.jpg

D-Box supports DCS and it also comes up for my G-Belt now. Looking forward to trying that out.

D-Box system due to arrive today.

Soooo... Casters off!

CastersOff_8416.jpg

Good timing. Both released the same day!
Was there an embargo?

I've got the ASR mounting brackets that Barry used 5/8" steel :), vs. the ones Boosted Media used.

Mine is supposed to arrive in 3-6 hours. Barry's video is 1hr. 40min. LOL! Love watching him tear things apart.

1660746274431.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 56.2%