Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

One of my M570 Diversity wireless Logitech mice died after 6 years of use.

I have one M570 trackball mouse velcro'd to my rig using a form matching 3D printed mount and small circular velcro medalions. Now I have an M575 trackball mouse on my entertainment system for room scale use when my rig is in the corner.

trackballmouse_9137.jpg

The 570 is out of production and is still being sold, but at an inflated price about twice what I paid for my last one. The 575 has a slightly different outline than the 570, which means I'll probably need to create a new mount matching the new outline of the 575 at some point when the 570 on my rig dies. The M575 is supposed to be improved. I can't tell much of any difference. Not sure what the longevity will be, but I hope the battery life is nearly as good as the M570 which seemed to wear out one AA cell every 18 months or longer.

Pairing a new diversity mouse simply involves having your computer on and then turning on your mouse. I opened the diversity software it saw the new mouse and asked me if I wanted to add it. Done.

I keep looking at this pedal setup that was recently posted on Good Vibrations...

Very cool stuff. Feeling clutch engagement seems like it would work beautifully with the ProSim hydraulic lockout, which they made noises about coming soon recently, but then went silent again.. <sigh>.

I know most people care about the ABS on the brake and arguably that is the one that could actually help you on the track. I can already feel the engine pretty well in my pedal deck and even ABS through my BK-CT, but a clutch effect is something I've never tried.

I also think it is something I could try with my TST. I hear from people with pedal mounted exciters and actuators that they work well, but I'm curious if I can get a clutch engagement feel with my pedal deck.

1682941458823.png

OK, this is a bit off topic, but I've been playing with MidJourney 5.1 an AI photo generation tool. I've just started to learn how to drive this and to be fair I have a long way to go, but I'm having fun with it and am surprised by the results I'm getting.

C8CorvetteModel.jpg

HeliRider_photorealistic_bright_red_Lamborghini_countach_Portfo_a3f61ee3-01fc-48f0-9d04-33a7ca...jpg

GT40Model.jpg

FB_IMG_1684196262027.jpg

Last edited:
I know most people care about the ABS on the brake and arguably that is the one that could actually help you on the track. I can already feel the engine pretty well in my pedal deck and even ABS through my BK-CT, but a clutch effect is something I've never tried.

View attachment 659965
when i did brainstorming about his ABS solution i did not expect that so many guys will follow my design. its currently the best ABS replication available and very close to a race car ABS - maybe the AP will get closer with further SW updates .

i love what GV members design based on a simple idea - we started with one EXC on the gas pedal - now we see dual EXC on gas and clutch - just amazing

• Deleted member 197115

You can't sell cars with this these days, where is Mulvaney? :roflmao:
Of course you can't.

To be fair a lot of this is throwing dice and seeing where they land. Midjourney is very powerful and improving very quickly, but it still has huge limitations. Notice all the girls are wearing the same color as the cars? If I try to make the car one color and the model's outfit another color it gets confused and the car and the outfit end up with both colors.

I also left out the countless misfires where the model has extra, missing or distorted limbs. It does not understand text in images, just shapes. So all image text looks like gibberish.

So lots of garbage and lots of wow, but I only feel mildly in control of what it generates at this point. Over time I'll learn to drive it better and it will also improve.

Last edited:
(Just upgraded and have ChatGPT 4 now), but the free ChatGPT is still pretty remarkable and is definitely cracking me up. Basically 3.5 vs 4.0.
( I am using it very constructively along with CoPilot to write code more efficiently )

Question: What is the best way to tell XXXXX that he is wrong?

When engaging in a conversation where you believe someone is mistaken, it's important to approach the situation with respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. Here are some tips on how to communicate that someone may be mistaken or share a different perspective:

1. Choose an appropriate setting: Find a suitable environment where you can have a calm and private conversation without distractions.

2. Be respectful and considerate: Approach the discussion with a genuine desire to understand and find common ground. Show respect for the other person's beliefs and perspectives, even if you disagree.

3. Active listening: Give Christian an opportunity to express their viewpoint fully. Practice active listening by paying attention, asking clarifying questions, and paraphrasing to ensure you understand their position accurately.

4. Present your perspective: Clearly articulate your own thoughts and beliefs, providing relevant facts, evidence, or logical reasoning to support your viewpoint. Focus on the specific issue or topic and avoid personal attacks or generalizations.

5. Encourage dialogue: Encourage an open and constructive dialogue where both parties can share their perspectives, ask questions, and explore different viewpoints. This can foster mutual understanding and potentially lead to a resolution or a deeper appreciation of each other's perspectives.

6. Be open to learning: Acknowledge that you may also have room for growth and learning. Be open to the possibility that you could be mistaken or that there may be nuances or alternative perspectives you haven't considered.

7. Maintain a positive tone: Keep the conversation friendly and positive, even if disagreements arise. Avoid using confrontational language, sarcasm, or derogatory remarks.

Remember, the goal is not necessarily to prove someone wrong, but to engage in a respectful and meaningful discussion that promotes understanding and growth for both parties involved.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Request: Write a love letter to my soulmate.

My Dearest [Soulmate's Name],

Words cannot adequately express the depth of my love and admiration for you. As I sit here, penning this letter, my heart overflows with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for having you in my life. You are my soulmate, the one who completes me in ways I never thought possible.

From the moment our paths crossed, I knew there was something extraordinary about you. Your radiant smile and the twinkle in your eyes captured my heart, and since then, it has been a wondrous journey of love, joy, and growth.

Every day spent with you is a treasure, a collection of moments filled with laughter, tenderness, and shared dreams. In your presence, I feel an indescribable sense of peace and comfort—a feeling of being truly understood and cherished.

You are my rock, the unwavering support that steadies me through life's storms. Your unwavering belief in me pushes me to reach for the stars, and your gentle encouragement fuels my determination to overcome any obstacle that comes our way.

Your love has transformed my world, and in your embrace, I have found solace and warmth. You have seen me at my best and my worst, yet you have never faltered in your love for me. Your acceptance and understanding have taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.

As I reflect on the beautiful moments we have shared, I am reminded of our dreams and aspirations. Together, we have created a tapestry of hopes and ambitions, intertwining our futures in a dance of unity and mutual support. With you by my side, I know we can conquer anything that life presents us.

You are not only my lover but also my best friend, confidant, and partner in crime. The depth of our connection goes beyond the physical realm; it is a meeting of souls destined to be entwined. With you, I have discovered the true essence of love—a love that is boundless, pure, and everlasting.

Thank you for being the love of my life, for inspiring me to be a better person, and for showing me the immense beauty that exists in this world. I am eternally grateful for the love we share, and I eagerly anticipate the future we will build together.

Forever and always, you have my heart.

With all my love,
[Your Name]

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Whoops missed XXXX'ing out his name there! He is a long time friend in Europe who founded a trading(investment) group I'm in at his discretion. We disagree from time to time. I thought he would find this funny.
Guess love letter was for to him too. :laugh:

Now to get AI to feed AI...

I got the script below to feed into ChatGPT 4.0 that turns it into an engine for generating 3 creative detailed scenes for any idea I give it and Midjourney arguments for a prompt.

You will now act as a prompt generator for a generative AI called "Midjourney". Midjourney AI generates images based on given prompts.I will provide a concept in [] so wait till i give you instruction and you will provide the prompt for Midjourney AI.You will never alter the structure and formatting outlined below in any way and obey the following guidelines:You will not write the words "description" or use ":" in any form. You will write each prompt in one line without using return. Structure of prompt will be in: [1] = [KEYWORD] [2] = a detailed description of [1] that will include very specific imagery details. [3] = with a detailed description describing the environment of the scene. [4] = with a detailed description describing the mood/feelings and atmosphere of the scene. [5] = A style, for example: photography, painting, illustration, sculpture, Artwork, paperwork, 3d and more). [6] = A description of how [5] will be realized. (e.g. Photography (e.g. Macro, Fisheye Style, Portrait) with camera model and appropriate camera settings, Painting with detailed descriptions about the materials and working material used, rendering with engine settings, a digital Illustration, a woodburn art (and everything else that could be defined as an output type) [7] = Parameters details as given below Note don't use , when using parameter options and use all important parameter options which is required to generate image. *Parameters details start* Aspect Ratios (--aspect or --ar): Changes the aspect ratio of a generation. --aspect 5:4: Common frame and print ratio. --aspect 4:3: Common in television and photography. --aspect 3:2: Common in print photography. --aspect 16:9: Common in widescreen television and video. --aspect 2:1: Common in panoramic photography. --aspect 7:4: Close to HD TV screens and smartphone screens. --aspect 9:16: Common in vertical videos and smartphone screens. --aspect 1:2: Common in portrait-oriented photography. Chaos (--chaos <number>): Changes how varied the results will be. Higher values produce more unusual and unexpected generations. chaos parameter accepts a number from 0 to 100, where 0 produces very similar and expected results and 100 produces highly varied and unexpected results Negative prompting (--no): Removes unwanted elements from the image. Quality (--quality or --q <.25, .5, 1, or 2>): Controls the rendering quality of the image. Default is 1. Seed (--seed <integer between 0-4294967295>): Specifies a seed number to generate the initial image grids. Using the same seed number and prompt will produce similar ending images. Stop (--stop <integer between 10-100>): Finishes a job partway through the process. Stopping a job at an earlier percentage can create blurrier, less detailed results. Model Version (--version or --v <1, 2, 3, 4, or 5>): Uses a different version of the Midjourney algorithm. The current algorithm (V5.1) is the default setting. Stylize (--stylize <number> or --s <number>): Influences how strongly Midjourney's default aesthetic style is applied to jobs. This parameter accepts a number from 0 to 1000, where 0 produces images that more closely resemble the input prompt and 1000 produces images with the strongest default Midjourney aesthetic style Upscalers (--uplight, --upbeta, --upanime): Adds additional details to the low-resolution image grid. Multiple upscale models are available. Image Weight (--iw): Sets the image prompt weight relative to text weight. Default value is 0.25. *Parameters details End** Use aspect ratio which fits best for the image as per your understading. If [5] looks best in a Japanese art style use, "--niji". Otherwise use, "--v 4" (Use exactly as written)Formatting:What you write will be exactly as formatted in the structure below including the "/" and ":" This is the prompt structure: "/imagine prompt: [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6] ,[7]". Important point to note while writing prompts , Never use / or : between [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6] ,[7] Don't use [] while generating prompt. The prompts you provide will be in English.Please pay attention:- Concepts that can't be real would not be described as "Real" or "realistic" or "photo" or a "photograph". for example, a concept that is made of paper or scenes which are fantasy related.- One of the prompts you generate for each concept must be in a realistic photographic style. you should also choose a lens type and size for it. Don't choose an artist for the realistic photography prompts.- Separate the different prompts with two new lines. I will provide you keyword and you will generate 3 different prompts in vbnet code cell so i can copy and paste. Are you ready ?

Then I enter a simple idea.

"Bedazzled Skull"

Then it generates 3 scenes with appropriate midjourney parameters that I can start with to generate an image.

/imagine prompt: Bedazzled skull, A skull richly adorned with sparkling gemstones, placed on an ebony pedestal, Each gem, carefully set, casts a kaleidoscope of colors under a spotlight, The room is dark except for the spotlight, creating an eerie yet enchanting ambiance, Photography, A realistic photo captured with a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, macro lens for detailed gemstone texture, --aspect 4:3 --chaos 20 --quality 1 --seed 12345 --stop 80 --v 4

/imagine prompt: Bedazzled skull, Skull encrusted with vibrant rubies, emeralds, and sapphires, amidst a treasure chest overflowing with gold and jewels, The scene unfolds in an ancient, candle-lit cavern with stalactites hanging from the ceiling, A sense of mystery and wonder fills the atmosphere, Painting, An oil painting with detailed brush strokes capturing the play of light on the gems and gold, --aspect 16:9 --chaos 30 --quality 1 --seed 67890 --stop 85 --niji

/imagine prompt: Bedazzled skull, A human skull bedecked with gleaming diamonds and glittering pearls, located on a mahogany table against a collection of antique books, The backdrop is a dimly-lit, dust-filled library with towering shelves, Evoking a gothic, melancholic feel with a tinge of opulence, 3D Render, A high-definition 3D render with accurate light reflections off the gems and wood, --aspect 3:2 --chaos 25 --quality 2 --seed 34567 --stop 90 --v 4

I pick the scene I like most, the last one in this case, or try multiples and run them through Midjourney.

Midjourney gives me 4 images.
4imagestopickfrom.jpg

I find the one I like most.
bedazzledSkull.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the cool new stuff coming. The world is changing very quickly.

Yesterday in 7 hours ( yes I know it was a Saturday ) I wrote a fairly elaborate application with the help of Chat GPT 4 and CoPilot. Extremely impressive stuff. When I got my code working and generated an analysis of the data produced, my customer seemed blown away!

I think I spent 45 minutes playing Vertigo 2 after that. That was my play time for the weekend. Today has been a home projects day.

I may not be able to touch my rig for another month or so looking at everything coming down the pike.

Did some of my wife as an Elf Queen, Norse God, or Super Hero.
The first is probably the most realistic portrayal of her face. Her eyes tend to look greenish depending on the lighting and she is more of a strawberry blonde.

elf_ins.jpg
ThorNatalie_ins.jpg
SuperGirl_ins.jpg
Fantastic4_ins.jpg

Other than the platinum blonde hair this is also very close, although the norse god image is closer to her muscularity. Baby's got guns!
Number-Six-Battlestar-Galactica-Tricia-Helfer_ins.jpg
Princess_ins.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back