Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

That's better.
NewMountwithUSBSupport_8440.jpg
SmartControlMountwithUSBsupport_8445.jpg

NewMountUSBSupport_8443.jpg
NewMountUSBSupport_8444.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking that the USB plug and power plug could use support for the Haptic Bridge. Printing a test block to verify the offsets.
For the sideways orientation, there is a relief for zip tie ends underneath. I'll bundle the 4 x RJ-45's together on the other side with zip ties and I think they will be good.
1661166103879.png

Last edited:
The test block was perfect, so I'm printing the full Haptic Bridge with cable supports.

I found 4 pieces of 3/4" maple that are 5.5"-6" x 11" and should be perfect to reinforce the new 5.5-9.75 sliders arriving today. If the sliders work good enough, I'll trim the wood and pretty things up.

I don't think they'll need anything to capture them, but if they need any help, I have the following ready to print that the D-Box feet will fit into.

1661175304268.png

Last edited:
@RCHeliguy How have you been liking the .6 print nozzle? I am considering upgrading to cut down on my print times. Traditionally I print with .12 layer height. I believe you reported that you use .2. Would you say there is any discernible difference in quality after your upgrade? I use a heavily modified ender 3 pro with cura but I don't believe this should be an issue.

@RCHeliguy How have you been liking the .6 print nozzle? I am considering upgrading to cut down on my print times. Traditionally I print with .12 layer height. I believe you reported that you use .2. Would you say there is any discernible difference in quality after your upgrade? I use a heavily modified ender 3 pro with cura but I don't believe this should be an issue.
The 0.4mm nozzle with 1.5mm layer heights is a little smoother, but not a huge amount. I am enjoying the improved print speeds quite a bit.

It is also using 10-20% more filament per print with the 0.6mm nozzle profile.

But this morning I did a 1 hour print, have a 4 hour print going and then I'm thinking about another 1 hour print. Cutting my print time in half has been very nice.

It's a race to see who will succumb to building a rolling sub-platform to reduce future effort.
I just tested the 5.5"x9.75" pads under reinforcing wood and this is working much better than the 4.5" round pads. I think the effort is down about half and that is very doable.

However I need to trim the reinforcing wood to size since it hangs over a bit and the edges are catching the carpet a bit.

Also I don't need to capture the feet in the center of the wood, but I will want to mark the center of the wood pieces after they are trimmed to size so centering them is faster.

This is actually working pretty well. I'm going to call this good for now.

I found the approximate center of weight front to back so I can just lift once on each side to position or remove a pair of sliders at a time and now it slides pretty well. I have the centers marked so I can place the feet easily as well. The sliders without reinforcement would be all but useless, but with the reinforcing wood above them, they work like a champ.

I still need to run a 1/2" round over bit around the tops of the wood to reduce the chance of stubbed toes. While I'm at it, I'll probably sand and finish them in some way, but otherwise I'm happy with this.

largeSliders_8447.jpg

Last edited:
The 0.4mm nozzle with 1.5mm layer heights is a little smoother, but not a huge amount. I am enjoying the improved print speeds quite a bit.

It is also using 10-20% more filament per print with the 0.6mm nozzle profile.

But this morning I did a 1 hour print, have a 4 hour print going and then I'm thinking about another 1 hour print. Cutting my print time in half has been very nice.
Thanks for the feedback, I am most interested in cutting print times personally as long as it doesn't come with a huge sacrifice in quality. I believe I would use my printer much more if I could improve on this front.

The cable support should help me not worry about these coming loose once I have two zip ties per cable in place.

HapticBrideCableSupport_8448.jpg

The wood is still rough and I need to clean the dust off them better since the feet did lose traction after I routed the feet, but they'll look good enough shortly.

SliderSupport_8449.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question what software options are available to feed my bass shakers in MSFS 2020? For now i only used my rig for racing and use SimHub but unfortunately SimHub does not support MSFS. Thanks

Quick question what software options are available to feed my bass shakers in MSFS 2020? For now i only used my rig for racing and use SimHub but unfortunately SimHub does not support MSFS. Thanks
Simshaker for Aviators(free) + Simmconnect(free) + Simshaker Sound Module (20-30€).
That´s what I have been installing today after buying FS2020 this weekend :)

Check the thread on the official forum:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simshaker-for-aviators-thread-from-the-dev/230315

D-Box has told me that they are going to treat this as DOA and will swap all the components out. So I'll get an all new D-Box system soon.

Debating covering the slider feet with CF look vinyl. These larger sliders definitely work much better. Not quite as easy as with wheels, but not bad at all. You can still see carpet bunched up a bit by the front sliding foot.
FeetWithRings_8452.jpg

Last edited:
Put a lanyard on the water bottle.
SecureWater_8453.jpg

Put some non-drying caulk in the recessed area to supplement the magnets that hold the StreamDeck XL in place. Now it feels pretty solid and not like it would vibrate off.
securedCaulk_8454.jpg

I think I've got things as battened down as I can get until I test haptic effects out and then isolate any additional loose areas.

Last edited:
Put a lanyard on the water bottle.View attachment 593963

Put some non-drying caulk in the recessed area to supplement the magnets that hold the StreamDeck XL in place. Now it feels pretty solid and not like it would vibrate off.
View attachment 593962

I think I've got things as battened down as I can get until I test haptic effects out and then isolate any additional loose areas.
Now that I see your drinking device, I recently saw topGun themed tervis tumblers, so I already made my choice lol but first I have to check it works with straw.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%