Mixed monitor triple setup

Hello all,

I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone is using a mixed resolution and aspect ratio triple setup. I am currently running a single GIGABYTE G34WQC (21:9 2k res) on my EVGA RTX2070 Super. I have been pondering the possibility of adding two additional monitors for a triple config, however there are several factors to this consideration. I understand frame rate can become an issue with 3 x 2k so I was wondering if the two outside monitors could be 1080p (GIGABYTE G27F). While the 1080p model I am looking at has a matching refresh rate my main concern is if games will allow you to use this sort of config. Another concern will be what happens to the extra pixels on the vertical portion of the middle monitor? Would this have to be cropped off or is there a way within nvidia to make this work? For reference I primarily play F1 2020 which lacks a native triple monitor setting but I have read that you can manipulate nvidia surround to accommodate this. Any additional input on this topic is much appreciated. Thanks!

I had a 4K (center) and a 2K on either side. I needed to run the 4K in 2K mode so all the displays had the same resolution. In this mode, I could use Surround. Obviously the center and sides did not line up perfectly and therefore it looked not so good. In the end, I ordered 3 matching 1440p displays and they look great. Maybe someone has a better way of making it work.

Upvote 0
BillyBobSenna,

Thanks for your input, out of curiosity how are frame rates for you on that setup? Could you please also share your graphics card model and which sims you play with this config?

Upvote 0
I am using an RTX2070. I own all the popular sims however I mainly use AMS2, AC, ACC, Rf2. Off the top of my head, I can run AMS2 maxed out at 45 to 55 fps depending on traffic and weather. When running ACC, I think I run mid video settings and get about 50 fps. I am on the EVGA wait list for an RTX 3080. I am expecting the card in maybe 2024 or beyond, ha, ha.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back