Missing tracks

Hello everyone

I'm having problems installing some tracks : they are installed in Locations directory but missing in game (not shown in the track selection menu).
As an example, I can only see 17 out of 18 tracks included in F1RT2008 trackpack, 7 out of 21 tracks of F1 2016 trackpack, 3 out of 16 of F1 87 trackpack :(
Am I missing something ?
Thanks a lot for your help

Hello everyone

I'm having problems installing some tracks : they are installed in Locations directory but missing in game (not shown in the track selection menu).
As an example, I can only see 17 out of 18 tracks included in F1RT2008 trackpack, 7 out of 21 tracks of F1 2016 trackpack, 3 out of 16 of F1 87 trackpack :(
Am I missing something ?
Thanks a lot for your help
Dont know the specific track packs.
But I can give you another example .Sometimes Tracks packs needs a main folder to be seen in game .
GPLA tracks converted to rfactor : They need to stay in the GPLA folder to be seen in game .
Locations Folder/ GPLA Folder : all GPLA tracks in this folder.
That could be your problem......

Thank you for your answer., but it may not be the solution :(
These trackpacks install the tracks in a sub-folder of the Locations folder : F1RT08, F1_16, F1_1987tracks for the examples I mentioned.

I've still tried some test but with no success. Can you please explain how rFactor manages the tracks ? Does it browse through the location folder at the start of the program and does it construct a tracks file which could be manually edited ? Is there a way to find something is wrong with a track ? I'm a bit lost.

I've still tried some test but with no success. Can you please explain how rFactor manages the tracks ? Does it browse through the location folder at the start of the program and does it construct a tracks file which could be manually edited ? Is there a way to find something is wrong with a track ? I'm a bit lost.
Manages the tracks :O_o: sorry that i dont know..
Can you see the tracks in the folder ? --But you cant see them in the game correct ?

We are talking rfactor not rfactor 2 ?

I have all the tracks in the folder (for example, 16 tracks in the F1_1987tracks folder) but in game, only 3 are listed by rFactor in the track selection menu.
I'm talking about rFactor (the first).

Last edited:
I have installed the pack from the Link here on RD , everything works , I tried different DireX settings to see if it made any diff --it didn't. I didn't install the 4GB patch for rfactor at first to see if it made a diff--it didn't.
So I just ask some basic questions.
1. Your windows system : XP, 7 , 8 , 10 ? ( I use 10 ).
2. is your Video card a very old model ? ore do you own a fairly new PC ?.
3. Are you experienced with unpacking files -and games in general ?.
4. If the files you download have been packed with : easy 7 Zip and you unpack them with Winrar -files go broke. I use easy7 Zip to unpack....

Later I will upload a video of how I installed the Pack in this box. ( it was straight forward )
I did a clean game install today ( rfactor ) .

Video here Later :

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the time you spent for these tests but unfortunately it's exactly what I did.
To answer to your questions
1. My PC is rather old but not vintage : Desktop Core2 Duo running 7 (32 bits) with 3 GB of memory
2. The graphic card is not too old, I think : Radeon HD 5700, last drivers
3. I don't remember exactly the date but I began playing (and working) on computer on Dos 3 before windows ;) and I know how to compress/uncompress files
4. I use 7-zip to unpack
Didn't tried different video settings or fresh install (I will, I was first exploring the hypothesis it was a problem of the pack itself). In fact I use a test instance of rFactor to test packs before installing in the main rFactor folders (one per mod, too used to games with mods interactions)
Maybe important : I use steam version of Rfactor. Something different there ?

My rfactor is DVD version with no dvd needed in the tray .
I would do a clean install . 3GB of memory thats low . use the 4GB patch-- but maybe you do .
Radeon is not Nvidia is it ?
Anyway good luck with the clean install Jim Duf :thumbsup:

I will try a clean steam install (not so easy).
Yes I know 3 GB is rather low nowadays but Seven only manages 3GB in 32 bit version and RFactor is supposed to run with much less (1 GB).
Radeon is ATI (now AMD).
I was not prepared with such difficulties with rFactor.
Much simpler with GPL for example.
Thank you for your help, Stig.

I will try a clean steam install (not so easy).
Yes I know 3 GB is rather low nowadays but Seven only manages 3GB in 32 bit version and RFactor is supposed to run with much less (1 GB).
Radeon is ATI (now AMD).
I was not prepared with such difficulties with rFactor.
Much simpler with GPL for example.
Thank you for your help, Stig.
Your welcome :thumbsup:.
One of my Race mates @Denis Betty have had some strange things with ATI cards -as I remember it.

None of this seems very familiar to me.
Have you checked the which files and folders are in the track folder?
Maybe you could choose a track that does not work and post a screen shot of the contents. Them Stig could compare this with what he has in his track folder?

Screenshots of the main F1_1987tracks folder and two different types of tracks, one with a subfolder, the other without.
The more I think of this problem, the more I think it may be related to the Steam version of the game :(
Tried to check the install yesterday evening through Steam, the server replied the install was correct.

Attachments

• F1_1987tracks folder.PNG
    F1_1987tracks folder.PNG
    94 KB · Views: 52
  • FirstTypeOfMissingTrack.PNG
    FirstTypeOfMissingTrack.PNG
    58.3 KB · Views: 66
  • SecondTypeOfMissingTrack.PNG
    SecondTypeOfMissingTrack.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 63
Screenshots of the main F1_1987tracks folder and two different types of tracks, one with a subfolder, the other without.
The more I think of this problem, the more I think it may be related to the Steam version of the game :(
Tried to check the install yesterday evening through Steam, the server replied the install was correct.
My files is exactly the same both in size and number there is no difference ( all 3 pictures )

You can try and run the game in offline mode if you think steam have something to do with it.
The basic approach is remove connection to your pc. steam will then ask if you want to run the game offline.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%