Mirrors Pointed At The Ground?!

My mirrors are all positioned in such a way that they are just reflecting the ground? Any help?

I had this line set to "15"

Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

But it showed to much stuff of my own car to be of any use. I adjusted it back to zero and now they point at the ground?

Any help?

Sorry Philip to jump into your thread, but I thought I shouldn't create an other one, because my problem is similar.

In the PCC2007 GB mod I found myself in a RD race with the virtual mirrors facing down, even adjusted at max with shift+ seat pos key. I play with the cockpit cam and with FOV 35-45.

Is there a way to modify the mirrors position even more than Shift+seat pos key allows to ? Like modifying a game file and without causing online mistmatch.
And an other question: is there a way to change the FOV of the mirrors ?

Gabriel give this ago and see if it helps

I have figured out how to change the FOV used in the mirrors of rfactor (Finally!)

You must again edit the YourUsername.PLR file found in the "rfactor>userdata>YourUsername" folder.

I recommend using Notepad++ to make finding the lines easier. DOWNLOAD: http://download.tuxfamily.org/notepa....Installer.exe

What we are looking at starts at line 177 I have changed all the comments to better explain what they are and if you should change them. Bold for important

Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="1" //<< Make sure this is set for a corrected FOV
Rearview Width="64.00000"// <<IGNORE (Affects Nothing)
Rearview Height="4.00000" //<< This is the line used to adjust the mirrors FOV. Higher Numbers are wider (Default 14!)
Rearview Cull="0" //<< Change this to 0 to force it to render all objects
Seat Adjustment Aft="-0.08200" //IGNORE
Seat Adjustment Up="0.03600" //IGNORE
Mirror Adjustment Horizontal="0.00000" //IGNORE
Mirror Adjustment Vertical="0.00000" //IGNORE
Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.65000" // << Lower these from 1 to reduce headshake at high speed.
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="35.00000" // IGNORE
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.75000" // << Lower these from 1 to reduce headshake at high speed.
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="50.00000" // IGNORE
Moving Rearview="0" // << Set this to 0 to lock the rearview's position. Otherwise it gets funky.
Rearview_Front_Clip="0.00000" // IGNORE
Rearview_Back_Clip="500.00000" // Set this to the distance you want the rear view distance to be
Rearview Particles="1"
Self In TV Rearview="0" // IGNORE
Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // << Make sure this is 0 or you will appear in your rearview
Backfire Anim Speed="70.00000"// << Change this because 20 is stupid slow.

Now, you may need to play with that (Rearview Height="XXX") number until you are comfortable. I think 4 works best for me. Good Luck

** I have also adjusted the Look Ahead angle to be greater because I do not have head tracking. That is on lines 237-240
Leanahead Angle="0.10000" // I turned this up a bit
Look Roll Angle="0.55000" // rotates (barrel roll) your view as you turn
Glance Angle="1.40000" // For the Look Left Look Right Keys (This number is WAY to high! Do not use 1.4!)
Lookahead Angle="0.40000" // this maxes out at 20 with lookahead in-game set to 100%. I doubled it. If you set it to 1.80 you can see out the side windows while driving. Which is weird.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.0%