RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another stunning Lenno monster event choice :good:
... great shows of driving prowess from the front guys.

Qualied quite a ways up the order with a 1:58 (5th 6th or maybe 7th???, can't quite remember).
Was well chuffed with this as I only had about 15 mins on track to learn it quickly late last night, and I had no setup at all before starting tonight.

Race 1 - started well but held back a bit as there was a bit of bumping in T1 and T2, so I dropped back behind Fernando who was intent on being in front :wink2:
Followed him and was just starting to close in for the kill :D when we came across Mark and someone else in T1 scrabbling back on track.
I ended up behind Mark then for a couple more laps when I went to brake a bit later for T1 to try to get down the inside of him as he seemed to be taking the outside line, but he braked quite a bit earlier than I expected and not seeing me coming cut sharply back to the apex, I was really on the edge of traction at this point so could slow no more ... proper :eek: moment and we came together. I knew it was my bad and now about 150º sideways across T1 I hit reverse and tried to get out of the way ... too late for Jay unfortunately who ploughed straight into me ... rear wing was gone, car was mangled, hit ESC as fast as I could to reduce further mayhem - sorry chaps :sorry:

Race 2 - Started next to last being one of the early exiters in race 1, so took it real steady on lap 1 to avoid all the trouble and spinning cars around the track.
Lap 2 or 3 I lost a spot to Mark as I was slower accelerating avoiding a couple of crashers, but then made my way past the Croucher who outbraked himself at T2 :wink2:
Re-caught Mark but we were caught up behind Amir and Vedran having their own little ding dong battle ... we but both got past Vedran and were both on Amir's case when I had to take T3 wide to avoid Mark's arse end again :D ... but in doing so found myself getting clipped from behind as I spun it up a little getting on the gas again.

"you've got an aerodynamics problem" comes across the pit radio :rolleyes:

Splitter lost, I was considering quitting, but thought I would see how this thing went first ... amazingly I could still drive at a reasonable pace, albeit a good 2 or more seconds off my previous pace.

So I battled on for the remaining 10 laps which kinda went like: gained ground on Amir, passed him, then I turned a corner to find Vedran already sideways in front of me ... anchored on but still gave him a tap as I passed by, and Amir slipped by me at this piont as I struggled to get going again ... but then he caused me a bit of confusion as he slowed to let me past him again. I tried not to go but finally did, but then slowed again to let him thru on one of the next corners to keep things fair and square :good:
We commenced to have a lovely little wall bashing battle till the final lap, when I think a bit too much pressure from me finally got him :jump: as he outbraked himself into one of the tyre walls :doh:.
Good bit of driving though mate, was great fun :D

Crossed the line in 6th, which was not a bad result considering I started at the back and did 10 laps with no splitter :D

Thanks Gary and RD, had a blast despite the knocks and scrapes ... and commiserations to everyone falling foul of the walls and other "hard objects" out there tonight :hug:

PS ahh bugger - its another epic novel, I just couldn't stop my fingers - sorry :rolleyes:

Ok, lets hear some laptimes. I'm bored! TA= 1.23,600

Oh, I see a little shuffle has been done, am I destined to never get a podium again after last weeks efforts. Very interesting as I am currently on a 2:35.8 per lap.

LOL ... know the feeling mate, but this way looks like it should bring some seriously good and close racing for the whole 90 minutes ... get yer best deoderant and sweat bands on chaps :D

BTW ... someone seems to have either the wrong track or car loaded ... 1 min 23 secs versus 2 mins 35 secs :laugh2: :quiet:

I may have been lying, i may not have been, it could have been 1:22 or it might not have been, spooky or what?

No quite seriously 1:23.855 with after 10 laps with 40L starting, but it all went downhill from there very rapidly.

This has killed me, full new kitchen, all plaster knocked off, floor dug up and new concrete layed, re plastered, painted, tomorrow lino layed, thursday, friday and saturday fit kitchen.

Then she wants me to start on the next room.......women they just don`t understand i need to be focussed to race.

indeed ... its a side effect of having lots of fun and touch typing for far too many years mate :embarrassed:

.... hang on ... (Lee goes to work with edit function :D)

BTW ... I watched the latter laps of Christian's Race 1 whilst I sat in the pits ... :eek: respek mate, that was some fancy ass driving I saw there :yo:

This one was always going to be as tuff as fun since it was a city racetrack, with virtually no overtaking places and everyone with the same car.

Qualifying

Although in the end I managed to do sufficient to grab first spot on the grid with a low 57, I only managed to put any time in when more than ½ session had undergone.

My best time at this track was a low 56 done while doing a qualifying setup this morning (some of you did 55 with race setups), so in the end I was lucky to be able in a racetrack like this to start from the front row with a time 1 sec slower then I would have wished (my guess is that my adversaries had even more problems than me).

Race 1

Started from 1st and maintained that position with Gary right behind in 2nd.

This fight went on until the end of lap 5 when Gary made a mistake on the chicane before the start finish line, one of the stupidest piece of track I’ve virtually raced on. The objective of the damn chicane is clear, (typical FIA demand for) security reasons regarding the speed arrival at the 1st turn. The solution found… to place a pile of tires in the middle of the racetrack, in my opinion, 3 bricks would have the same effect and perhaps would be less dangerous :D

That gave me about 6 sec margin to 2nd...

I thought, well, if I don’t mess this myself, I should have this one in the bag. I more or less followed the fight behind me with the HUD, and the distance was always above 5 sec.

Then I noticed they weren’t anymore 2 fighting for 2nd but 3, Cristian, the racer that started from last was there too. I was astonished but remained calm, I thought, “He probably deserves the win more than I do, but likely he will lose too much time to go by that scrap that has been going on behind me (between
Vedran the 2nd and Gary the 3rd) and will not have time to catch me”.

Wrong, 2nd and 3rd tangled a bit, and Cristian went happily by and now was free to hunt me, wish he did, by lap 12 he was on me.

At that time he was about almost a second faster than me (most of it gained on the last 1/3 of the track), but being the track what it was, he needed a mistake from me to go by.

No problem, I did one on lap 14 (too much power too early) clipped the wall lost much moment and he went by. After that on the 1st 2/3 of the 15th and final lap I still applied some pressure and the distance shortened, but on the last 1/3 he was too strong and went to win the 1st race.

If there was an audience, I’m sure they would be pushing for him, starting from last and then go to win on this racetrack is no small achievement , so I have nothing more to do then to take my hat to you/him.

Race 2

Although the end result was kind of similar; this race went to be a very different race from the 1st.

With grid inversion started from 7th, did a good start so climbed to 6th opted for an outside line going into turn 1… only to find Mark Birney’s Car upside down in front of me (racing staff should look into this start).

Comes turn 2, two went straight so climbed to 4thand started to think the luck was with me on this one.

Too early, a few turns later, Alen Pecanin performed a “bump pass” on me (this are only permitted in MX and SX I think) had to go large, dropped to 6th.

After a few turns, a fight developed, Alen Pecanin (the slowest in 5th) me in 6th and Cristian Haba (the fastest in 7th).

On the start/finish straight, I got stuck behind Alen with Cristian by my side, dropped to 7th. Right after the next turn I could see Alen (who liked the middle of the road too much) doing a block (rule violation) wish forced Cristian to change position at last minute and by consequence me, I bumped into the rear of Alen, nothing much came from this.

With all this bumping and scraping by now Jay Adgie (8th) had caught up.

I’m now in 7th, the place where I started but now my luck starts to turn for the good side again and I managed to overtake Alen going into 6th.

Then, on the same lap, Rob
Goldthorpe and Amir go straight in different places so I climbed effortless from 6th to 4th and Jay is more or less climbing with me in 5th.

On lap 8 there is above 5 sec between Fernando (3rd) and me in 4th. Four laps later, on lap 12 finely caught him and go to apply pressure until I managed to overtake him on the last lap.

Finished in 3rd but 1st and 2nd were more than 20 secs up the road and a final word to the unlucky Jay Adgie who was right behind me almost all race but dried (no fuel) 3 turns from finish.

Congratulations to our overall winner Cristian Haba and congratulations to Gary Lennon the overall 2nd. Thanks to everyone who participated, and a special thanks to those who fought directly with me since I had much fun in doing so and also a final thanks to RD and event organizers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will just finish this post with a remainder of a few racing club rules that although in most situations they do not lead to a breach of the “golden” rule, they are important for a fair & fun fight.

61. When overtaking through the inside of a corner, the overtaking car’s nose should be about halfway past the defending car at the turn-in point of the corner and must be at proper speed to make it through the inside of the corner, without hitting the defending car. If both conditions are respected the pass is clean.
(In short this isn’t MX)

65. When defending on a straight, the defending driver may change the race line he chose out the exit of the previous corner only once per straight. However this changing of the race line must not force the overtaking driver to brake or move off the track. If these conditions are respected the defense on the straight is clean.
(In short blocking isn’t allowed)

Went to the toilet on 4th place in qual...returned to see im at desktop with a windows auto update done and the "restart now or later" timer just at the end,reboot and fire up steam....Fire Up Steam i said!!....it wouldnt fire up steam at all.,..another reboot and it away it went as normal,but when i got back in the multiplayer lobby (which felt like took forever) it was on race.
Have a good on guys :good:

Well had a bad qualify relised I'd over tweaked my setup and wnet blindly untweaking.

Race one-

Not to bad managed to get up to 9th understeering everywhere I went. by the 10th lap I spun out and that really upset my apple cart.

Race 2 -

Went for the default set (bad Idea), Was given a fe love taps by the bimmer in the rear window. the pressure got to me and he got passed and a corner later and I was sliding way to mutch. Broke my suspention and had a wicked left turn, right on the other hand was a bit of a sod. So slowly droped down the field but stayed away from being last.

Conclusion-

Once you find that sweet spot with a setup leave it well alone you can always over tweak.

That's too bad Gary!:(

It was a fun race! Started from 6th, the first start went well, but I was on the outside and there was an accident on the inside line and I had to slow down! After that I had some fight with Jarrod, and later Michel! I was closing on Michel, but when I arrived he spun. But then I made some mistakes too, and he tried to pass me, but I could accelerate out of Druids better as I was on the outside line! After that I switched to defense mode and tried not to ruin it! I was lucky, as Yves and Adam made mistakes ahead of me so I finished 4th!
2nd Race: Started from 5th, good start, but the fast guys came soon, so I found myself at 6th place, and chased Michel through the race! Then as the end of the race was closing, I managed to pass him, and as Yves made a mistake again I found myself again in 4th position. Finished there.

Overall I shared 3rd place with Willi, both of us scoring 10 points!

Grats for the winners, and thank you Yves for the race!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back