RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I got a disconnect twice, the second time in warmup and was not allowed to join agian.
I had track problems the other day but realised I had an older version of Warwick installed and that there had been a patch out since then.

EDIT: I had all kinds of connection problems tonight even after my disconnect, Oh well, see you all next week.

Well that was eventful for me!!

Joined half an hour early as I'd not run a lap around this track. Thought I'd use the Toledo as my power problem made me miss out last weekend. Took a while to get to grips with the track and try to dial in a setup from another circuit.

5mins before Qualifying I had to leave server as some people were having a problem loading my car (using no. 29 Toledo if that helps) sorry guys.

Decided to rejoin with my 308 to avoid causing another problem. Qualified down in 9th or 10th, but new I'd get more speed in warmup as I'd only managed 2 laps with Pug before qualifying began.

Good start to race one and settled in behind Willi who I gave a push into the hairpin on lap 2 (sorry mate) but fortunately he kept it on the road and we continued on. Got upto 4th behind Michel and we eventually pitted while running 1st and 2nd. We rejoined I think 4th and 5th but halfway round my outlap I caught the grass before the tight left hander with the walls either side and punctured my left rear tire so ended up pitting a second time. Managed to finish 6th so not too bad.

Race 2 I was 3rd on grid, but someone didn't rejoin so effectively 2nd. Got a clean start and followed Abdul who was leading, but ran off circuit and rejoined about 9th:excruciating:.

Made a couple of spots and then gave poor Willi a tap in the same place again as in race 1 (Promise I was not targeting you). Then he and a Seat Leon got together and I unfortunately went off whilst considering my options :doh2:. Did a lot of damage and decided to pit for tires and then try a pick up places later. Got back up to 8th I think before going off all on my own killing that marshall again and writing off my car in the process:embarrassed:.

Wish I'd had time to try this track before hand as I may of had a more competitive run as I was finding more speed throught the races.

Luckily the Peugeot seemed pretty tight round this track so the late change didn't harm my race.:)

Well thanks guys for the fun.

I'm off to practice for RDTCC race later today and then off to Silverstone for the FIA GT opener on Sunday:dance2:

See you all soon:wink2:.

Well that's a shame...

Quali: made a hash of it and had to exit to check my game controller settings. Rejoined during qual but didn't run again as I had already made my attermpt. Qualified last

Race one: Watched the cars in front falling off the track and made my way up to P7 (1 better than my target!). Tires were toasted at lap 7 so I jumped into the pits. Caught up to Olly who was having obvious grip problems, but then my rubber died too so I watched him go into the distance.

Race 2: Graphics came up scrambled so I had to quit out.

Thanks all for the racing and special thanks to Philip who kindly left and came back in so I could race...

Well guys, this one really felt good as it is my first friday night race with a good result. Since joining RD, all friday night races I was in were mishaps. With a 3rd and 4th, this felt like victory. With only free practice to learn the track, I was happy with 7th position on the grid. Gladly, I had practice pit entrance since I think some got problem with it.

Always very cool to drive with you all, see you soon.

Here's the skin I'll be using: Xtreme Z4
XtremeZ4.jpg

My highlight of the two race.

http://blip.tv/file/2062219

Anyway to embed blip vids?

The way I lost the car before hitting Willie was so strange, the car just turned on me.

Great race once again. These events keep getting better and better. Cant wait for the next one.

Well done Yves for the stunning qualy lap. Well done Keith for putting me under immense pressure every lap lol.
http://blip.tv/file/2062219

Haven't decided what my weapon will be or if my computer will be a weapon. Earlier in the year I had a preparation STC Blue Cup race where we raced at Paul Ricard and my computer stuttered at unplayable levels giving me the low graphics memory warning so I have to do a full field test soon to see if my machine can run this properly. I will do it soon just to give heads up to those waiting in case I can't run this track.

So back to the track weapon, I'm looking for something slower than the Koenigsegg lol love that car, so far I've tried the C5R (1:44.7) the Gumpert (1:44.7) the Lister (1:44.6) and the Viper (1:44.5) the later having spent the most time one since it likes only straight lines. I've done only a hand full of laps in each car about 15 or so and in the Viper and C5 20ish and they are the most fun by far. So bar any miracles its gonna be one of the two that will line up for me.

Here are some screenies and setups so far.
b4cf48.jpg

4vs13a.jpg

Attachments

• GTP_Corvette C5R Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 192
  • GTP_Gumbert GT Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 194
  • GTP_Lister Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Viper GTS-R Q.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 183
You know you can move the seating position right? :rotfl: even with real seating position on you don't have to be stuck with the rev lights in the middle...

Matt, having real seat positions on and using cockpit view is a part of the reviewing process. I want to test cars in a way that provides the most realism - of course, there is no stopping anyone from turning off real positions and using a different view. It is simply the way I have chosen to review cars. :)

Interesting event. I'll admit to not feeling into the spirit of things at first, but it turned out very funny at the end to give me some laughs.
I wasn't feeling too well, but wanted to race at Aussie Warwick Farm (which I quite like), and I wanted to give William's Toledo a thrash. It didn't quite have the speed, but it's tight handling made up for lack of power.

During practice, I could hardly put one lap together, and I killed that track marshall at "work experience lake" (Cam has to explain that one :rotfl: ) several times.

Qualy, I finally put together a reasonable lap of 1.30.5 to get P3.

Race 1: Marty jumped away better, putting me P4. Yves eventually spun off giving me P3 and after pitstops, I came out just ahead of Marty for P2. The cold tyres were very slippery for the next lap and I struggled to hold Marty at bay, but as they settled down, I felt I had Marty covered ok. Then, with a couple of laps to go, poof, the engine blew in a cloud of smoke and flames. :hurt: Did you leave a little time bomb in the Toledo mod William. :caked: See pic 1.

Race 2: This turned into fun. Went to sleep at the start, then was cleaned up at the end of the long straight by Laurence who decided to leave his braking very late. So, now back to my common spot of last in EVO events.
Had some nice laps with Bob, who's car hadn't taken up smoking by this stage :). (More later). Then had some good racing with Eric till the pitstop. After pitting, I was P6 but came up behind Bob's Honda, but he obviously stressed it causing it to take up "the Habbit". He was smoking furiously and polluting half of Australia now, making my visibility very challenging. Cough! I spent a few laps behind him cough! cough!, and was worried I would hit his car cough! cough! which was somewhere in the fog ahead. Cough! cough! . Rhys was on TS and said "do you think we should tell Bob he has a problem?".
My response was "I suspect he knows, but his car is unbelieveably still running, so he should keep going". And it just kept going too, those Honda's are tough hey Bob. :) Eventually Bob pulled over to give me some fresh air, thanks Bob, ( I couldn't have held my breath much longer).
It was very funny and made the race interesting for me. :wink2:
Eventually finished P6. Cough cough.

Thanks to all who raced, pity there were so many connection and system problems though. Looks like someone forgot to set the mandatory pitstop option for this one (Eric :boink::D ) but everyone knew the drill and did the correct thing anyway. :good:

Attachments

• Warren flames.JPG
    Warren flames.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Bob Smoke 1.jpg
    Bob Smoke 1.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Bob Smoke 2.JPG
    Bob Smoke 2.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Bob Smoke 3.JPG
    Bob Smoke 3.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 141
My first racing in four months and the Dijon race reminded me why i purchased the game and wheel in the first place and what a great place RD is :), so hats of the the RD staff for arranging this :)

Great racing with the following guys Mel & Neil trading places backwards and forwards several times during the last laps and all very clean aswell

Very much looking forward to the next one now :)

Another fun Friday night 16 on grid I think

Quali was full second slower than practice early this afternoon. Managed P-4

Race-1 Made good start filed in behind Keith and Yves. We stayed close for several laps then Yves drifted wide in 1st turn letting Keith and me by. Keith got a small gap on us after I got a little out of shape. Made another slow pit overshooting stall then stalling it. Got back in but 1 lap latter Warren took 2nd with a better pit. Myself and Michel Usal were behind Warren who's engine let loose going into the last turn. Now up to 2nd which is where I finished. Fun Race
capture_2009-05-01_23-33-00.jpg capture_2009-05-01_22-52-48.jpg
2nd place Warren's engine blew..........................Close at the front 1,2,3

Race 2 Started 7th started well then made some mistakes early. Had a good fight with Michel Usal most of the race and finished in 5th. Ended up 3rd overall behind Yves, and Keith both with race wins Grats guys! Great night of racing in the true Friday night spirit.

1st time posting screen shots thx to Rhys's help.:skywalker:

One other highlight of the race, for those not on Teamspeak (this is what you miss :party2: ):
The Aussie fan club giving Olly moral support in Race 1.

Since most of us were in the pits with wrecked cars, we were obviously all watching Olly who was our front running Aussie, but he was having a huge battle holding down P5 with a car all over his tail for the last lap or so.

"I think he wants your spot Olly!!"
"C'mon Olly, not long to go, you can do it"
"Go, Olly, but don't mess it up now!!"
"Geez he's close Olly"
"Nearly there Olly, you can do it, C'mon"
"Careful Olly, don't blow it now!!"
"Go Olly, go , go"

"Yeeesssss!!!! You made it Olly".

Even Olly broke his concentration and cheered as he crossed the line for a great P5. :party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back