RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wel well well this is really becoming a pretty nice little weekly event! Some unreal racing on a VERY FUN track left me wanting more laps!

I'll fill in a race report tomorrow. PLease take a minute to posta report. It's what makes this event grow!

Gnight all c ya soon!

That was fun!

First race a ran out of fuel though. Stopped feet from the finish line.
Second race I decided to take a tour in the boonies. Then got stuck in a ditch while I was over there.

Sorry Sam, if I held you up for too long on Lap 17ish (Race 2). I didn't feel comfortable slowing the the esses to let you get by. I thought that would have been a disaster if I had tried to do that.

Q: Got P2

R1: Excellent start and lead for a few laps. Hit the apron on the last turn and ended up P3. The front 2 have an event and I assume the lead and set a pace to conserve the front left. Had a lot of tire left for the end to push hard.

R2: Excellent start until I get to T2. All I can say is sorry Stefan. I drop back to the end of the line and start to move up. I make it to P8 but am not happy with my driving.

Fun races really interesting track.

Quali: P5 - 1:14.7

Race 1: Got a great start and found myself in P2 by T1. With cold tires I didn't want to push it through T2 on lap 1, so Sam gain a bit off a gap right from the start. Was able to keep him within about 2-3 seconds. Then Yves and I got into a bit of battle for 2nd. He was clearly faster down the back straight, but wasn't able to lose him. We passed Sam after he made a bit of a mistake and were now battling for 1st. Yves eventually ran it a bit wide in T2 and we collided as he rejoined the track. Certainly had a bit of scary cross country ride after that, but was lucky to keep the car straight. Yves was kind enough wait for me and I regained 2nd. During all of this Sam had slipped back through to 1st. About a lap or two later I got a bit squirrely on the brakes at the end of the esses and spun. A couple of people hit me as I was now parked on the racing line, but I eventually rejoined the field in 6th. Manage to fight my way back to 5th and was right on the tail of Jarrod and Eric. I got down under Jarrod coming through the final turn and we were side by side going into T1. I was trying to leave him plenty of room, but as I was watching him I went a little to wide and I think I clipped the little red tower at the end of pit lane causing my car to get shot across the track straight into Jarrod. I waited on him after this, but his vette was pretty bad off. So after a few turns he ran off and passed him. Finished in 6th I think.

Race 2: Started in third and got another amazing start and was 2nd behind Jarrod. I decided not to attempt a pass in T1 after the incident in Race1. Knowing well that there is only one line through T2, I filed in behind Jarrod. What I did not know was the amount of speed Sam was carrying. He dived up the inside of me in T2 and BAM! - off I went into the wall - spun a couple of times - hit another car - and finally spun into the wall one more time prior to coming to a stop. Damage is not repairable - the end.

Hope my luck turns before Mondello on Friday.

This was really a fun track and a great bunch of guys. Race 1 I was suprised at my start as I squeezed through and ended up in 3rd or 4th (can't remember) by T2. That's some nerve wracking seconds trying to look around and find the guy in your blind spot... and not run off the track... Luckly nobody was in my blind spot.... From there, I had a decent race as the leaders were jockying for position, I closed in nicely. Eventually holding 3rd and having a hard charging Eric Nelson coming up in his BMW. It's all a blur after that, I know that I went in 2 wide into the little T1 and that was disaster as Stephan and I were side by side. He cliped the wall and also touched me and plenty of damage ensued. Thanks for waiting. I think it was just a racing incident. I wouldn't fault anyone but will review the replay as I'd hate to think that I didn't give enough room. After that tussle, I dropped back to 7th which was where I finished.... BUT not without some more fireworks. Mr. Scott was closing on me fast in his rather handsome BMW and I got sideswiped by a lapped car that was shooting back onto the track.... I kept the car straight and with a little momentum but Scott was closing and couldn't get slowed down...> Due to my damage earlier, he had eaten up an 8 second lead in a matter of 2 laps or so.... When he caught me there was 2 laps to go and it just happend that he caught me just as I was being hit by the out of control car. As he slammed into the back of me, I somehow stayed under control and he also stayed fairly close to me.... but he must've had damage because in the next turn, he went off badly and lost 8 plus seconds. 7th and should've had in the 4th range but not disappointed too badly since we invert!!!

Race 2 I was rather excited since I knew this was a tight track and anything could happen to the leaders in lap 1. I figured that I could rocket from my p2 spot and take the lead as I seem to be a relatively decent starter from the standing position. IF i could just get a good clean first 3 or 4 laps then I would set myself up for a podium and maybe even a win depending on how certain drivers handle the first lap in traffic.....

So the green drops and I nail my start having sole possession of first by T1. Entering the backstretch, I had as much as a 3 second lead on 2nd. After leading a few laps, I checked the "order" of things behind me and to my horror the 2nd place position was now occupied by Yves. This was trouble as I knew he was a good second faster than me on a hot lap and he's not just a hotlapping kind of guy. I know he's a racer too so my next thoughts were that If I could just stay close to him, then I could draft and run faster laps than a 3rd place car running alone. I did stay with him for 3 laps or so but he's just too good tonight (and most nights) for me. The last 2 laps were spent creeping around the dicey turns in an effort to avoid the big mistake that Eric was lobbying for. 2nd place with this bunch of drivers was a successful race for me. Thanks again Eric! You da man.

Thanks to Eric for setting the event and thanks to RD for the hardware :doublethumb:

Qualy: for a long time Sam was faster then me by a thin marges but i knew that the car was faster and that i just had to nail a perfect lap which i did with only 40 seconds to do in the qualy and clocked my PB of 1:13:8xx

race 1: i knew that i was gonna have a slow start and lost a few place right off the grid and adding to that i got hit at T1 ( np Eric it happen ) and lost several places resulting of the hit but i knew that i had a fast car so i put my head down and start pushing and make my way up. made my way up to second place and was catching Sam but ran out of laps and finished the race in 2nd just .4xx from Sam so i'm happy with the result taking that i had a bad start, got hit and made lots of mistakes during the race.

Race 2: got a better start but still lost a few places but with the mayhem at T2 i gain many places back and after the first lap i was in 3rd or 2nd can't remember. with a clear track ahead of me i was able to close fast on Jarrod and by lap 9 i was able to pass him and took the lead. from there i never looked back and took the win :)

took the overall win, thanks guy's for the races was alot of fun :doublethumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back