Mini Cooper.

Grill is too tall:

26201899_1.jpg

1293cc stage 3 race engine will do mine nicely :D

I'm pretty sure he mean's the same as me, the grill is inaccurate, as you can see if you compare with my picture :/

Something doesn't look right with the front grill, possibly too wide?

It needs the chrome nudgebar at the front too. imho thats what made them look cool.

While it was a few years ago now, I helped a friend completely dismantle & restore one of these, 69 Cooper S. I personally made the wiring loom for it from circuit diagrams, and LOTS of PVC tape. I think I still have some of the adhesive under my nails.
I'll have a 1310 with a large Webber on it thanks!

Can I borrow that shader? I like the way it makes the outside look.

The car was blueprinted, so that's the real proportions...comparing both pictures here, I can't really see any real difference, sure maybe some millimeters offset, OK, but globally speaking, she sits really nicely.

Maybe because it's an 'optical' perspective deformation illusion, also I'm running here in surround mode with render.aspect=3.75 with custom fovs...

minifinish03.th.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2120/minifinish03.jpg

@206

I haven't finished to tweak & get satisfied with them, so hopefully soon, I'll finish the whole.

I didn't modify the original 3D front grill, probably what you meant, is the actual chrome shader I'm using, it needs some refining.

For chrome, I'll post the one I use on the Aronde soon. Kinda stuck outta town atm (and possibly until early next week), there are 2 components though.
1) Fresnel: shader should have a fresnel section, with bias/scale appropriately set (iirc. about 0.9, 0.1) - the bias + scale are the opposite of a normal material, where they'd be about 0.1 and 0.9.
2) ambient/diffuse: needs to be a very dark grey, or even grey-blue. Eg. ambient=0.1 0.1 0.1, or diffuse=0.05 0.05 0.1. Since the material itself is reflective, it should go close to black when there's nothing to reflect.
Specular I kinda skip cause the reflections are so strong. If you need it, make it fairly sharp (like 80) and not too bright.

yeah your grill does appear to be too wide, and after looking closely at pictures, I wonder if the front fenders (wings) curve inwards towards the center of the car, I looked at my mini, and it does infact curve, more so when its close to the headlight also I think your fog lights maybe be a tad on the small side. and your grill for sure also goes down too close to the bumper, even in comparison to the Cooper S (I don't believe the grill even changed between the Cooper and Cooper S). Scott did point out a lot of small issues on the car, some of which I have also pointed out. Just trying to help your model look more correct, if you think it looks fine as is, then you can leave it, as its your car.

I wouldn't have commented originally unless I was sure there was something wrong, and it being a car I know well. I've removed every part & screw from one at least five times each. Spent months inside, outside & under it in my youth.

Spent months inside, outside & under it in my youth.

...Sounds familiar...

I'm unsure if it's the track but in any case unless the specular is attempting to be a metallic sparkle, I'd suggest removing it. The reflection of the sun in the env. map is enough to tell us it's paint. The specular just looks strange.

I wouldn't have commented originally unless I was sure there was something wrong, and it being a car I know well. I've removed every part & screw from one at least five times each. Spent months inside, outside & under it in my youth.

I don't have real Mini so I trust you. :)

Maybe this help a little bit. This is Cooper form GT5:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And from Max. Remember max perspective is always flat. So this is not real 3d view.

Grill it's a little bit to wide?

I think those blueprints are kinda perspective distorted, since they're from photos... the whole front should be a little narrower.

BTW you can adjust the ingame perspective with + - on keypad, makes it easier to compare to photos. Most would be closer to a 25-30 degree FOV.

yeah your grill does appear to be too wide, and after looking closely at pictures, I wonder if the front fenders (wings) curve inwards towards the center of the car, I looked at my mini, and it does infact curve, more so when its close to the headlight also I think your fog lights maybe be a tad on the small side. and your grill for sure also goes down too close to the bumper, even in comparison to the Cooper S (I don't believe the grill even changed between the Cooper and Cooper S). Scott did point out a lot of small issues on the car, some of which I have also pointed out. Just trying to help your model look more correct, if you think it looks fine as is, then you can leave it, as its your car.

Cheers! lol

I think Harey maybe you have right. And i'm thankful you for help.

*ahem* :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea