Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
header.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Class: Austin Mini Cooper S (Default)
Track: Silverstone 88 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (11 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (11 laps)

Note1: You must download and install this livery pack (Download) Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S
Note2: If you do not have a livery in the pack, you must use a default skin.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Rupe Wilson
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito
  5. Tim Ling
  6. Peter van Zanten
  7. Paul M Jones
  8. Jack Smith
  9. Jacob Boonstra
  10. David Cuthill
  11. Howard Jacks
  12. Carlos Diaz
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Sometimes a car and track combo suits you and tonight that was the case for me. Loved the flow.

R1: First up, apologies for driving multiple laps in the qualy session. I honestly forgot I was in qualy and just kept driving around, not particularly fast, for 4th on the grid. After a few laps I eventually got away from the pack and was able to chase Ross down to a gap of a few seconds but couldn't get any closer. Finished second.

R2: Slow away from poll and had Howard to contend with for a few laps who was running a good pace. Got ahead and built a fair gap but a few laps from the end my mind wandered off and so did my car. I completely forgot where I was on the track. Lost a ton of places and made a few up in a mad dash for the line.

Good stuff as always.

Race one showed that i had no prep for this race, but still did ok until i cooked the tyres and had an off, then had a nice wee fight until the end with Tim.

Race 2 made a few needed tweaks to the setup and got off to a good start, followed the leaders through Copse, got a really good line through Maggotts & Becketts building a good momentum through Chapel and got the better drive going along the straight, managed to slip through the 3 cars in front and got the inside line going into Stowe. I did not think i would hold onto the lead for long but this being a GTL club event then i did not expect to loose it in the manner that i did, as Mr Cuthill cut Stowe corner staying with me then mid corner at Club corner he proceeded to drive through me pushing me out of the way and continue on his way without even slowing.

After i pulled the car out of the wall in last place i found Roland waiting for me as i guess he thought it was him that sent me spinning but it was not as it was me that ran into him after i was sent out of control by Cuthill.

I must say sorry to one driver, think it was Jacob who i was a tad aggressive towards after that, he gave me a couple of love taps when i allowed him the inside line a couple of times and i repaid him by bump drafting him along the straights a few times, i was wrong to do this but i was a tad pissed off at the time and you were the one nearest to me at the time so sorry.

Bit disappointed in tonight's race but i did not have high hopes of this event, single series on this track with the long straights forced everyone to use the same gearing so it gets bit stale.

P.S. before anyone says i should file a report then i will say no, i will never file a report at RD again, the antiquated reporting method sucks and i have had too many reports ignored in the past for stupid reasons like unacceptable video or some other crap, so no if you want a video then look at the friggin replay, being staff you should all have access to the server replay, all you should need is the incident time stamp (rant over) :)

so no if you want a video then look at the friggin replay, being staff you should all have access to the server replay, all you should need is the incident time stamp (rant over) :)
First of all, not everyone has all games that are run here.
Second of all, I'd rather spend 5-10 minutes of my time, than ask a dozen people to find the replay, download the replay, run the replay, find the incident. That might be personal.
And finally, if there is no effort on the driver's part involved, every race (not here, but say in the Race club) would end with hundreds of PMs containing just the timecode and some expletives.

First of all, not everyone has all games that are run here.
Second of all, I'd rather spend 5-10 minutes of my time, than ask a dozen people to find the replay, download the replay, run the replay, find the incident. That might be personal.
And finally, if there is no effort on the driver's part involved, every race (not here, but say in the Race club) would end with hundreds of PMs containing just the timecode and some expletives.
Yes then there are others like me who have given up making movies or do not have the ability or will to make them so instead they go race race elsewhere which is what i have done with most RD races apart from the GTL club as unlike other sections at RD the GTL club is virtually indecent free.

unlike other sections at RD the GTL club is virtually indecent free.

Actually, I haven't necessarily found the GTL Club to be "virtually incident free", we still have our crashes, bumps, accidents, and incidents with others. For me the big difference has always been how the drivers deal with it. The GTL drivers usually don't take incidents too seriously and generally have a mature approach to resolving any differences. It is a very rare occurrance for someone to bump another driver off track and not stop, wait, and apologise. :unsure:

I realise I know nothing about this incident, but just wanted to give my observations. :)

Actually, I haven't necessarily found the GTL Club to be "virtually incident free", we still have our crashes, bumps, accidents, and incidents with others. For me the big difference has always been how the drivers deal with it. The GTL drivers usually don't take incidents too seriously and generally have a mature approach to resolving any differences. It is a very rare occurrance for someone to bump another driver off track and not stop, wait, and apologise. :unsure:

I realise I know nothing about this incident, but just wanted to give my observations. :)
Time for your bed Warren sleep well

I had two races that had both fun moments and heartbreaking incidents. I was in the mix with others, passing and being passed--- fun moments, and going wide on corners and leaving the track several times---heartbreaking incidents. At one time I was in 5th position, could see the leader and his gang, but quickly dropped to second to last ( I won't mention who was in last spot ) after going wide on about three corners in a row. Wow. Oh well, more practice is needed, but I am in the action more than I use to be. One area where I lost ground quite noticably is improperly timing the entrance to the long corners with drivers in front of me. I would need to slow a tad to avoid contact but lose precious momentum. They would then pull away while others behind would gain.

WD podium, thanks Stu, cheers to all drivers.

My race night was pretty good fun as usual, no great results to show for it but in my view the close racing action found in every one of these Mini races makes them little gems of their own in which it's vitually impossible to NOT have fun.:laugh:

But then again, I will still have loads of fun in just about every event the GTL staff throws at us, regardless of class or track. So like Warren said, it's gotta be the company than that makes this Club stand out!:thumbsup:

On this track, I had serious trouble negotiating my laps even remotely consistent. Had one absolute flyer in Practice 1, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get within a second of that time afterwards :D.
Started 5th in R1, but gradually lost some places, had some fun battles with Neil, Rupe, Howard among others, but by lap 10, I had missed turn 3 and the final turn so many times I got a SnG penalty, so I finished last :(

R2 started out pretty good, was running around with the leaders, until the Neil-David incident sent Neil into a sorta slowmotion tankslapper right in front of me where I was too close to do anything to avoid him..
So yeah Neil, I decided to just wait up as although not much I could do, it was me giving you the final push...
After that we both went into hot-pursuit mode chasing the pack, but it is so FRIGGIN hard:confused: to catch up with anyone in these cars, as everyone is going really fast.. So with only others' mistakes to capitalize on, I eventually made it up to 10th by race end.

Bit of a weird race night for me, but good fun. Grats to everyone who made the podium, Thanks to Stuart and to all fellow racers, CYA next time!

I had nice battles in both races. In race 1 battled for position 3 with Stuart, switching positions a few times, but he won the battle by 0,02 seconds at the finshline :cry:.
Race 2, in first round, bumped into the back of Stuarts car in the chicane before start finish. Sorry didn't saw you coming through the inside, you scared the hell out of me:confused:, and couldn't brake in time anymore...

I must say sorry to one driver, think it was Jacob who i was a tad aggressive towards after that, he gave me a couple of love taps when i allowed him the inside line a couple of times and i repaid him by bump drafting him along the straights a few times, i was wrong to do this but i was a tad pissed off at the time and you were the one nearest to me at the time so sorry.

But after that i had nice "aggressive" :cool: battle with Neil. No offense Neil didn't noticed you're aggressive style, felt like a part of the game:D.

Grats to podium in both races
CYA next time in another mini battle!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%